News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Entire Gears collection comes with the remake: hmm not bad. Better value than before surely for those that have never played them or sold their copies
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/08/...-game-will-be-backward-compatible-on-xbox-one

And they're throwing in a $10 Gift-Card for it too, so the $39 gives you Gears Remake, $10 GiftCard, and all X360 Gears games in digital format.

I'd consider jumping if it was $30 with $10 GiftCard. I think I already own all the previous Gears X360 titles digitally from over the years of Games with Gold promotions.

I think I already own all the previous Gears X360 titles digitally from over the years of Games with Gold promotions.

Sadly Gears of War 2 isn't one of those. In fact, it's the only one they haven't given away.

Tommy McClain

Sadly Gears of War 2 isn't one of those. In fact, it's the only one they haven't given away.

Tommy McClain

Hrm, maybe I'm confused with the free game included with Gears Judgement and thinking it was a Games with Gold promo. Unless that was Gears 1 too.

Yeah, they bundled the original Gears of War when they launched Gears of War: Judgement, but they also gave them away with Games with Gold too. That's they only way I got them. Ultimate Edition seems less enticing for those that all ready have all the original games. They may never put Gears 2 on the GwG program now. Only other reason to get Ultimate would be for the Gears 4 beta. :-?

Tommy McClain

DVR functionality should be pretty good. You can stream your DVR content to any windows 10 device. Assuming you must be able to save to an external HDD. Forget if they said the date. Probably with the Windows10 update in November.

No press conference. A conference is a waste of time if they have nothing more to say since E3.
It looks like MS should have skipped their gamescom press conference too.

So much for Phil Spencer building up hype by saying there would be as many new games revealed at gamescom than they had at E3. I can't find anything in the press or forums... I'm not kidding, where are all these new announcements? I couldn't watch it, isn't the presser over?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/looking-beyond-e3-microsoft-teases-major-plans-for/1100-6427716/

So much for Phil Spencer building up hype by saying there would be as many new games revealed at gamescom than they had at E3. I can't find anything in the press or forums... I'm not kidding, where are all these new announcements? I couldn't watch it, isn't the presser over?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/looking-beyond-e3-microsoft-teases-major-plans-for/1100-6427716/

I find thz conference pretty good! I think they could see some Xbox player coming back and buy a Xbox One.

Very surprise by no price cut in Europe.

Press Conference was good not great. I'm happy that they didn't skip it as there is enough for me to get excited for: KI Season 3, Tomb Raider and Halo Wars 2. Also some other stuff that I will wait and see like Crackdown 3, QB and Scalebound.

I didn't like the Halo Guardians MP between Optic Gaming and the European team (forget the name) shoehorned in, but I guess it did show off the MP aspect.

Curiously, I want to know more about their ID@Xbox stuff, especially Bloodstained despite the awkward guy with the whip presentation. Also the weird game with the Joker-esque/V for Vendetta characters was creapy and I want to see more.

Twitter was fairly quiet but I wasn't expecting anything earth shattering. I saw Halo Wars 2 for Xbox One and PC announced, there was new Rise of the Tomb Raider gameplay shown, Cities Skylines was announced as coming to Xbox One, Quantum Break was dated for 6th April 2016 (huzzah!), Scalebound footage and I think they showed some Crackdown footage as well.

If I don't get time to watch the conference I'll definitely be watching the trailers of games - apart from Scalebound which I can't watch again with that protagonist :nope:

I'm interested in the xbox one dvr but I hope its not limited to OTA only. If I can hook up a cable card to it i'd be in heaven . I'd just replace the xbox 360s and my media center with xbox ones slowly.

I've also preordered alan wake , crackdown and scale bound.

Found a pretty good simple overview of today's announcements on Reddit... Thanks!

ANNOUNCED Games

ONE MORE ANNOUNCEMENT

Announced Items
  • Rare Replay Launch

• DVR Free Over the Air TV
    Xbox App Stream/Download to Windows 10 Device & Free Service with Xbox Live

• Xbox One Chatpad Preorder
    Coming in Nov. 2015

• Direct X12 Shown Off on Xbox One

• Windows 10 Game DVR

• Cross-Play and Cross-Buy

• Halo 5 Limited Edition Console

• Halo 5 World Championship Tournament

Tommy McClain

It's only OTA content that can be DVR'd? That part I missed. Definitely not nearly as cool as I thought. Wonder what's blocking DVR of cable/sat content.

It's only OTA content that can be DVR'd? That part I missed. Definitely not nearly as cool as I thought. Wonder what's blocking DVR of cable/sat content.

No license to the content/pipe? They are only supporting their own USB tuner they have released in Europe & US which only has a antenna connection. Anything come over the HDMI connection is probably protected right?

Tommy McClain

We Happy Few looks creepy.

Wonder how Halo Wars 2 will turn out (Total Wars-style or an evolution of the first game? or...). I never got used to the control scheme on gamepad for the first game. The CG teaser looks grim for Red Team. :/

No license to the content/pipe? They are only supporting their own USB tuner they have released in Europe & US which only has a antenna connection. Anything come over the HDMI connection is probably protected right?

Tommy McClain

Yah, must be that HDCP.

The chatpad is interesting. I had it on 360, and I kind of found myself wanting it on Xbox One recently. Typing out messages via the onscreen keyboard is truly stone age.

Of course for Destiny, I have a laptop in front of me, and can use that to type messages via Xbox.com. However sometimes it seems simpler to stay on the console.

That said, paradoxically, I never really used my 360 chatpad.

I'm interested in the xbox one dvr but I hope its not limited to OTA only. If I can hook up a cable card to it i'd be in heaven . I'd just replace the xbox 360s and my media center with xbox ones slowly.

I've also preordered alan wake , crackdown and scale bound.

For now it only works with the USB Tuners. Currently that is OTA for America and DVB-T for Europe.

I'm hoping Hauppage or someone else would add a usb CableCard Tuner for it that deals with multiple streams.

For now it only works with the USB Tuners. Currently that is OTA for America and DVB-T for Europe.

The USB tuner offers DVB-T/T2 and DVB-C (for Europe). It doesn't work with ecrypted TV (eg Sky UK/D/IT), but it's not a big problem here in Germany: With DVB-C you can watch all public channels (ARD, ZDF) in HDTV/SDTV or commercial tv station like ProSieben or RTL in SD.

Found some NXE for XB1 screenshots. Looks like preview members will get it in September with full roll out in November...

blODJNQ.png

BNi36KC.png

FK2tjWW.png

sKGqIsh.png

huQcAe9.png

BTb46fL.png

B2Zcfgk.png

It looks like it has changed quite a bit from E3. Feels a little better. I like that they finally got a better Guide. Snap Center just wasn't a good enough replacement. Just not sure on the left sided overlay design. Breaking up the Store to bring it closer is nice. That's more like the 360 dash. In fact the extra tabs make it all feel more like the 360. And I like how the Activity Feed is front & center on the Community page. I think I'll like it more than not, but they still haven't showed how snapping apps works. Wondering why they are dragging their feet on that?

Tommy McClain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back