News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think at e3 we will see an ultra slim xbox 360. 64 gigs of flash built in (plus external support) no dvd drive and the system will be smaller than the wii and priced at $100 . They can compete with amazon fire and the likes this way plus you have a huge library of DD games.

I also wouldn't be surprised if it could act like an xbox one extender and you can stream xbox one games to any xbox 360 in your house.

The Games with Gold page is updated [ http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/games-with-gold?xr=shellnav ]
It officially lists the following for March:
Xbox One - Rayman Legends
Xbox One - IDARB (It Draws a Red Box)
Xbox 360 - Tomb Raider

View attachment 593
My GF and I have been playing Rayman Legends yesterday and it is a very fun game to play coop.

Not Durango related, but Xbox related.. apparently they are still doing quite a bit of work on the 360. They just announced the preview program for the 360 (like the one that exists for the Xb1) and are planning to keep rolling out future dashboard updates.

I imagine this is an attempt to further bring the two systems (and Windows 10) as closely together as they can. They also just sent out statements letting everybody know that if you have Gold, you can still claim all your free XB1 games even if you don't yet have an XB1. I believe Azbat mentioned he was doing that quite a while ago.

http://majornelson.com/2015/03/02/xbox-360-preview-program/

Also, this week's GwG sales have been announced. Nothing for the Xb1 that excites me, those 360 users are sure getting some deep discounts on quality games lately though.

http://majornelson.com/2015/03/02/weeks-deals-gold-27/
Additionally, Xbox 360 owners can now build an Xbox One games library via our console:

xbox360gwgconsoleforxboxone.png

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-03-build-your-free-xbox-one-game-library-via-xbox-360

A true avalanche of Indie games has been announced for the Xbox One!! OMG.... :oops::oops::oops: Wasteland 2 is a day one buy for me.

http://www.windowscentral.com/what-microsoft-revealed-about-xbox-and-windows-10-today-gdc

• Microsoft doesn't count the sales in the Windows 8 store as a success (as in sales volume was lower than they wanted)
  • Cross platform gaming is going to include cross-buy as well. Buy from one device, download and play on another device
  • Developers will submit their apps and games into one store. This store includes Xbox One as well
  • Pinball FX2 is coming to Windows 10 (free if already bought on Xbox One)
  • Xbox Live SDK Preview is going live today
  • DirectX 12 adds a 20% GPU to Fable Legends on PC.
  • A Universal Development center will allow devs to develop games from one application
  • Xbox will bring games to Hololens
  • HoloLens APK should be available around the time of BUILD
  • Implementing crossplay is "super simple and easy"
  • ID@Xbox is now helping devs for Windows 10, including Phones
  • Porting Shovel Knight to Xbox One and implementing cross play only took 1 day for the devs of the Yacht Club
  • Game 4 from Behemoth is coming to Windows 10, as well as Swordy, This War of Mine, Wasteland 2, Cuphead, Shovel Knight
  • Battletoads are coming to Shovel Knight
  • A wireless adapter for Xbox One controllers to work with Windows 10 will be coming out later this year
  • Gigantic from Motiga is a shooter, moba, rpg mash up coming later this year to Windows 10 and Xbox One
  • Phil Spencer is teasing that most first party games will be available for both platforms
I think it was also mentioned that all wireless xbox accessories will be PC compatible going forward.

Last edited:
The cross buy is a smart way to keep users in the eco system. Since the Xbox one is x86 and dx12 they can make a nice transition to an Xbox next where you take all your purchases forward and if at some point in the future you get a more powerful pc than the Xbox you can play a lot of your tiles on it.

Or for someone like myself , I own wasteland on steam but say I was to buy it on my Xbox one , I can now play it on my surface.

Might be.

I personally want to play Wasteland 3 or the next XCOM on procedural generated maps of my living room using Hololens.
At the very least it provides options. Accessibility is always a good thing. In one point in time going forward for MS users this year the following would be true:
  • Xbox One app acts as a unification for their service for whatever platform will support that app. So as a PC user you'll be able to record clips and take screen shots, post to live feed and chat, and join parties with console guys. Play games with PC guys, games that have cross over will allow you to play with both. No XBLG fee is required. You might be able to play your free games included with XBLG if you also have that on your account.
  • XO guys will continue to play their games as usual, and can play with PC guys with cross over games
  • If you have no access to your XO, you can stream the game to any Windows 10 device (or device that can VM windows 10) that may not have the horsepower required to run the game.
  • If you have access to a PC that has enough or better horsepower you can run the game via cross buy
All in all everyone wins. There may not even be console exclusives anymore.

I know there are multiple ways to look at this though. I would be curious to see everyone's angle. The proposition for Xbox has changed drastically over the last year, would you buy one now knowing the above?

I've read a lot of people who want to use their PS4 as their multiplatform device specifically for resolution. But this presents a different angle now that 1 purchase can equate to being able to play now on 2 platforms. Where 1 platform can be close in performance, but the other platform the sky is the limit.

The cross buy is a smart way to keep users in the eco system. Since the Xbox one is x86 and dx12 they can make a nice transition to an Xbox next where you take all your purchases forward and if at some point in the future you get a more powerful pc than the Xbox you can play a lot of your tiles on it.

Or for someone like myself , I own wasteland on steam but say I was to buy it on my Xbox one , I can now play it on my surface.

Well, of course. If you just keep in mind that MS's product isn't the 360 or the Xb1, it's Live Gold, it all makes very much sense. They want your subscription fees and they want their % from publishing through their portal, focusing on PC or console just dilutes, confuses and segregates what their objective is.

I think this isn't about gold but about their phones. They need to get more apps to compete and what's the best way to do that but to open up all their hardware to it.

Now you make a game for a windows phone 10 and a user can buy it on windows phone , windows 10 and Xbox . That's a lot more buyers than just windows phone .

Have an Xbox user who buys 20 or 30 games and they find out hey wait I can now use them all on a windows phone ? Let me go check that out.

We share the same wavelength in some way or form that Nadella's vision of moving MS into a services based company is being applied here without exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back