News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe somebody could put their own fan it? Doesn't look like there is much to it. It's already vented on both sides. Plus there is a AC power port on the back. For anybody who is in the US & is interested in it, check availability on Amazon. I had heard that it should be available end of February or early March.

Tommy McClain

I thought there was a deals thread but I couldn't find one that wasn't focused on hardware only.

If you still need a 12 month XBox Live Gold subscription, here's a deal for $35 with Electronic Delivery for the Digital Code. They list your purchased codes on their site under your account so it's simple to grab them there if the email doesn't show up. Deal is via BoxedDeal : http://boxeddeal.com/xbox-live-12-month-subscription-code-email-delivery.html

I also wanted to point out that Microsoft will allow one to stack up to 3 years of Xbox Live Gold benefits, so you could stock up now and be set until 2018!

Maybe somebody could put their own fan it? Doesn't look like there is much to it. It's already vented on both sides. Plus there is a AC power port on the back. For anybody who is in the US & is interested in it, check availability on Amazon. I had heard that it should be available end of February or early March.

Tommy McClain
you should be able to put a 60mm fan at the bottom of it as long as its usb

February is #IDARB, January was actually D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die & December was Worms Battlegrounds. So I could see D4 & Worms being available in January & #IDARB & D4 in February. Weird that they are still showing Worms as available almost 2 months after it's original month.

The Games with Gold page is updated [ http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/games-with-gold?xr=shellnav ]
It officially lists the following for March:
Xbox One - Rayman Legends
Xbox One - IDARB (It Draws a Red Box)
Xbox 360 - Tomb Raider

March_GwG.PNG

I queued them for download. Looking forward to Rayman Legends.
I already played Tomb Raider on PS3, but don't own it, so it's another one to add to the collection.

I have such a big backlog to get to. I'm enjoying MCC and Killer Instinct---need to find more hours in the day.

Just caught this in SmartGlass, had not seen it before. On the store side it has a GOLD icon.

VtBQnrE.png

Hosted apps: http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/2/8131893/microsoft-universal-apps-xbox-one-demo-hosted-web-apps

All developers can jump in starting at Build conference. Oh goodie. Time to see what this is all about

Will be interesting to see how its handled. What will be avalible to them as system resources and so on. Is it just 2 cores or will it be 6 or 7 cores.

Anyway if the apps are cross buy with windows phone 10 , windows 10 I will be spending a lot more money on the app store

Not Durango related, but Xbox related.. apparently they are still doing quite a bit of work on the 360. They just announced the preview program for the 360 (like the one that exists for the Xb1) and are planning to keep rolling out future dashboard updates.

I imagine this is an attempt to further bring the two systems (and Windows 10) as closely together as they can. They also just sent out statements letting everybody know that if you have Gold, you can still claim all your free XB1 games even if you don't yet have an XB1. I believe Azbat mentioned he was doing that quite a while ago.

http://majornelson.com/2015/03/02/xbox-360-preview-program/

Also, this week's GwG sales have been announced. Nothing for the Xb1 that excites me, those 360 users are sure getting some deep discounts on quality games lately though.

http://majornelson.com/2015/03/02/weeks-deals-gold-27/

Not Durango related, but Xbox related.. apparently they are still doing quite a bit of work on the 360. They just announced the preview program for the 360 (like the one that exists for the Xb1) and are planning to keep rolling out future dashboard updates.

I imagine this is an attempt to further bring the two systems (and Windows 10) as closely together as they can. They also just sent out statements letting everybody know that if you have Gold, you can still claim all your free XB1 games even if you don't yet have an XB1. I believe Azbat mentioned he was doing that quite a while ago.

Also, this week's GwG sales have been announced. Nothing for the Xb1 that excites me, those 360 users are sure getting some deep discounts on quality games lately though.

http://majornelson.com/2015/03/02/weeks-deals-gold-27/
Agreed.

This was a little unexpected for me in regards to the continued support for Xbox 360. I think there could be strong data that suggests that not enough of the 360 population has moved over to Xbox One yet and that is the battleground for both Sony and MS to claim.

Do you mean bring Xbox Live features close together? I'd expect 360 will get killed off in a couple of years.

I just noticed this morning that they changed the Games section on 360. They moved the demo and add-on tiles to the front of the hierarchy instead of seeing it inside the "Browse Games" (which now only has Featured, Arcade, Games on Demand, Indie).

Must have been a fairly recent change ?

Do you mean bring Xbox Live features close together? I'd expect 360 will get killed off in a couple of years.

I mean get them to be as similar as possible to get the 360 users familiar with both Xb1 dashboard and presumably Windows 10. The 360 will get killed off at some point, but a couple of years is still quite a ways off.

I was actually surprised that MS is expanding the preview program to the 360 and continues to invest the time and resources into the platform, rather than just continuing to "support" it.

I saw the message on my 360 and thought I was on the wrong system. :runaway:

I remember one of the things said is they had planned for the X1 and 360 to have a similar dash, so I wonder if 1.6 years later they are going to show us.

I mean get them to be as similar as possible to get the 360 users familiar with both Xb1 dashboard and presumably Windows 10. The 360 will get killed off at some point, but a couple of years is still quite a ways off.

I was actually surprised that MS is expanding the preview program to the 360 and continues to invest the time and resources into the platform, rather than just continuing to "support" it.

Well, it's not like 360 is getting Windows 10. They may keep some features up to date, but I wouldn't expect any large overhauls at this point.

How about custom backgrounds and transparent tiles. :p (This changes everything :runaway: :oops: )

I assume a screenshot function would require some amount of reserved memory so it wouldn't be possible unless they free up some of that 32MB? or... dump the front buffer to HDD automagically ?

Last edited:
Agreed.

This was a little unexpected for me in regards to the continued support for Xbox 360. I think there could be strong data that suggests that not enough of the 360 population has moved over to Xbox One yet and that is the battleground for both Sony and MS to claim.

There was a rumor of using the 360 platform as a TV streaming device with apps. That would take a new ui possibly more Xbox one / win 10 like, Slap winRT support on it for global apps and try to bring all ecosystems together and manage the upgrade path for existing and new casual users.

I'm not expecting Universal Apps to show up on 360, or the Windows 10 kernel. They'd have to design a special version of the OS just for 360, because it's PowerPC in-order CPU. It's not ARM or x86. That seems like an unlikely undertaking. Maybe they'll retool the ui a bit to match the visuals of Xbox One without changing much under the hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back