News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you like their games then it can be a good deal, but they don't have anyyhing that interests me at the moment. Star Wars Battlefront looks promising though. Never played the originals. Unfortunately one game isn't enough to warrant their subscription.

Tommy McClain

Plants vs Zombies is prob worth $5 for 1 month of gameplay.

I think they still discount an entire year to $30.

If you like their games then it can be a good deal, but they don't have anyyhing that interests me at the moment. Star Wars Battlefront looks promising though. Never played the originals. Unfortunately one game isn't enough to warrant their subscription.

Tommy McClain

Just treat it like a rental service. Sub for 5 USD. Play what you want. And don't pay more. If it takes you less than a month to finish a game, no reason to pay more than 5 USD. That's cheaper than the vast majority of used games even when you account for the money you can get by trading the game in when you are done with it.

I hate EA, but that service is great.

Regards,
SB

Plants vs Zombies is prob worth $5 for 1 month of gameplay.

I think they still discount an entire year to $30.

Just treat it like a rental service. Sub for 5 USD. Play what you want. And don't pay more. If it takes you less than a month to finish a game, no reason to pay more than 5 USD. That's cheaper than the vast majority of used games even when you account for the money you can get by trading the game in when you are done with it.

I hate EA, but that service is great.

$5 is definitely enticing. Now if it would get some games I'm interested. Even at $5/mo I don't think I could get into Plants vs Zombies. It's a multiplayer only, no campaign. I didn't have much fun with Titanfall for the same reason.

Tommy McClain

$5 is definitely enticing. Now if it would get some games I'm interested. Even at $5/mo I don't think I could get into Plants vs Zombies. It's a multiplayer only, no campaign. I didn't have much fun with Titanfall for the same reason.

Tommy McClain
the defend the garden mode is a lot of fun. My gf hates shooters but loves playing that mode in plants. Basicly its you and 3 buddies protecting your area from NPCs that keep spawning and you can plant plants and mushrooms to keep them away

Finally made the plunge & bought an Xbox One. I went with the Staples deal for a refurbished Kinect bundle with Ryse included for $340. With free shipping & tax it came to $373. I was going to go with the Microsoft Store bundle at $400, but they dropped Titanfall & increased the price to $429. Made the Staples deal a no brainer. System works great & there were only 3 slightly noticeable scratches. Other than that looks brand new. Bought Halo MCC first & all of the Games with Gold games did show up on my list to be installed. So I have a pretty good instant library. Don't have a cable or satellite TV box, but did plug my 360 into the HDMI In. Works great for Netflix since the wife isn't real comfortable with the XB1 & voice. Once I get my Harmony remote setup for XB1 I'm sure we'll stop using the 360 except for my old digital games. Still have a backlog there that's not on XB1 and I need to finish. So far experience is about what I expected. But I think I need to upgrade my Internet speed. :)

P.S. Box doesn't seem as big I expected. Still hate that I can't stand it vertical though.. But man, is it super quiet!

Tommy McClain
Cool Tommy, enjoy! Add me! : Ruin of Palmira.

For those interested in incredible deals, Amazon is offering an amazing Xbox One deal; Xbox One console + two controllers, and 3 games, for 350$.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TT5I63K/?tag=viglink20241-20

Have you got any game from the Ultimate Game Sale?

Now Upload Studio lets you record 30 minute videos and has lots of useful tools for editors.

These include: transitions, splash screens, templates, intros & double box effects -handy for comparing plays and showing off multiple bits of gameplay at once-. Plus there are now voice overs and green screen tools as well (like in movies), which use Kinect. Additionally, there are also a variety of green screen effects on offer including a pop-art style “Comic” background, a futuristic “Spaceship” edit & a “Clones” edit so all of us as video makers can embrace our inner Orphan Black.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/16/upload-studio-gets-new-features-on-xbox-one

From what I understood, it's still max 5 minutes per video, but it's just letting you string together up to 15 videos to create a single 30 minute one.

From what I understood, it's still max 5 minutes per video, but it's just letting you string together up to 15 videos to create a single 30 minute one.
You mean chain together six videos?

Games with Gold is improving every day and goes crazy in April, it doubles the games. You will get 4 games for free on Xbox 360, 2 on Xbox One.

As for the Games with Gold deal in March, they offer these games (nice! I was about buy Rayman Legends the other day but found it a bit expensive and decided not to, but people Love it, especially to play with a friend, partner, wife/husband, etc, so I'd eventually get it, now I don't have to):

Xbox360

· Tomb Raider

· Bioshock Infinite

XboxONE

· Rayman Legends

· IDARB

OY0ISCq.png

Would like to re-iterate that is only rumored & not official. Remember what happened last time something leaked? Yeah, no Halo MCC for $24.

Tommy McClain

Awesome! I've played and finished Tomb Raider on PS3, but don't own it so it's great to add this to my library.
I've started Bioshock Infinite, but lost interest very quickly.

^ Interesting, though I wonder if it will stay on as the second game like past months. This would be the first (maybe second if you count the first ever month) with only one Xbox One game right?

^ Interesting, though I wonder if it will stay on as the second game like past months. This would be the first (maybe second if you count the first ever month) with only one Xbox One game right?

No. They have only carried over 2 games from the previous month(Max: The Curse of the Brotherhood June/July & Crimson Dragon August/September). All other times it's only been 1 game a month. Check my spreadsheet.

Tommy McClain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back