News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Cloud features' isn't XBox exclusive, although the economy may be preferential (although I doubt it's better to save money on cloud computing releasing just on XB1 over paying for cloud computing and releasing on 2+ times as many machines). Which kinda ties in with my tongue-in-cheek remark about MS paying them. It's economically more viable for Insomniac to develop this game for XB1.

A centralized online community, cross game chats, leaderboards and matchmaking among others were never exclusive to previous xbox consoles either, but the point was that Ms offered a infrastructure and made those features easy to use which made them widely adopted and ended up disrupting the market which now demands those features as default.

The truly power of the cloud is how they are seemingly accessible to everyone on xbone, from both costs and (if not now at least soonish) development points.

Oh man, :smile2: and some journalists in search of news and people seemed to be unable to sleep when the game (allegedly) was not going to be released on the Xbox One anytime soon and we got it first than anyone else.

More news.

There is a new fan made website called XboxClips.com which allows Xbox One owners to share and view their Xbox One uploaded gameplay clips online.

It's pretty simple to use. Type in a gamertag to access that user’s submitted videos. :smile:

http://xboxclips.com/index.php

You can see my gamertag in my B3D profile, I think.

Hmmm, I have not uploaded anything other than one from Ryse and TF. Yet my page is full of uploads? Link

My OneDrive only shows two uploads, interesting.

Edit: It could have at least shown successful videos and not me failing at Max or my son building and playing Trials. LOL

Hmmm, I have not uploaded anything other than one from Ryse and TF. Yet my page is full of uploads? Link

My OneDrive only shows two uploads, interesting.

Edit: It could have at least shown successful videos and not me failing at Max or my son building and playing Trials. LOL

All your videos are online, but not saved videos will be deleted after some time.

Is it scraping Xbox Live info to find the videos that haven't been shared?
afaik, all your videos are shared if either you or the game on its own save them to your account --if you edit them with Upload Studio you can save videos not only to your Xbox One account but also to Onedrive (I usually keep a few of those which I upload to Onedrive too, delete them from my account but they are saved at Onedrive, so I can share them if need be).

In Jwm's video list (I patiently ended up watching them all, the landing in the video with the word Superman in the background was hilarious, I gotta say) :smile: most of them are called "That was wrong" -which is a typical Trials Fusion video that the game creates when your bike crashes on your character-. Those videos are listed for a while, and if you don't use the Save option they get deleted forever after a time. I delete them on the spot not to overclutter my account with videos.

In addition, I commented this with a friend days ago and... watching Jwm's videos I noticed his avatar, which is a feature that I miss a lot! Avatars are nowhere to be seen the Xbox One. There is still a LONG way to go before we can see some of the things we take for granted now on the Xbox 360.

I remember that it took me some time to create my avatar, but my brother and sister commented on how accurate it was compared to myself in real life --save the obvious differences of course.

afaik, all your videos are shared if either you or the game on its own save them to your account --if you edit them with Upload Studio you can save videos not only to your Xbox One account but also to Onedrive (I usually keep a few of those which I upload to Onedrive too, delete them from my account but they are saved at Onedrive, so I can share them if need be).

In Jwm's video list (I patiently ended up watching them all, the landing in the video with the word Superman in the background was hilarious, I gotta say) :smile: most of them are called "That was wrong" -which is a typical Trials Fusion video that the game creates when your bike crashes on your character-. Those videos are listed for a while, and if you don't use the Save option they get deleted forever after a time. I delete them on the spot not to overclutter my account with videos.

In addition, I commented this with a friend days ago and... watching Jwm's videos I noticed his avatar, which is a feature that I miss a lot! Avatars are nowhere to be seen the Xbox One. There is still a LONG way to go before we can see some of the things we take for granted now on the Xbox 360.

I remember that it took me some time to create my avatar, but my brother and sister commented on how accurate it was compared to myself in real life --save the obvious differences of course.

Now you are going to cause me to go watch them all. Actually I will just tell my son his vid..wait I don't want him to know that it uploads videos, I will never get the machine back. He already takes our phone and pretends to upload youtube videos, one day we will have to tell him that this and Santa may or may not be real.

oops, tried to edit and deleted everything I wrote...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is going to be one of my most favourite features! You will be able to upload your OWN songs to Xbox Music via Onedrive.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=34896

xboxmusic.jpg

Will it need a Xbox Music pass?

That would be a bit weird, as unless the music you are uploading is really obscure it'll already be on Xbox Music and thus available to all devices that support Xbox Music. Hence no need to upload it if you have an Xbox Music Pass.

This might actually get me to use OneDrive if it doesn't require a music pass.

Regards,
SB

That would be a bit weird, as unless the music you are uploading is really obscure it'll already be on Xbox Music and thus available to all devices that support Xbox Music.

Metallica is not obscure.
AC/DC is not obscure
Led Zeppelin is not obscure
Peter Gabriel is not obscure.

Cheers

AC/DC is not obscure

All of those artists (with the exception of AC/DC) are now available on Spotify. Are they still not present on Xbox Music?

The Beatles are the only real exception that don't appear to be on any streaming service that I know of.

All of those artists (with the exception of AC/DC) are now available on Spotify. Are they still not present on Xbox Music?

Nope, none of them. Maybe it is a matter of time, Metallica and Led Zeppelin are fairly recent additions to Spotify and Peter Gabriel still isn't on it AFAIK.

Cheers

AC/DC is not obscure

Cheers

Ouch. I don't listen to those groups so hadn't noticed them missing. Then again I haven't really looked into the Xbox Music catalogue since trying it briefly when I first got Windows 8. But at the time they had everything I looked up. Which, admittedly, wasn't much.

Regards,
SB

Ouch. I don't listen to those groups so hadn't noticed them missing. Then again I haven't really looked into the Xbox Music catalogue since trying it briefly when I first got Windows 8. But at the time they had everything I looked up. Which, admittedly, wasn't much.

There is a lot, I found a lot of really obscure stuff from the 60s on there. Interestingly, some of the contents available varies from country to country.

Cheers

There is a lot, I found a lot of really obscure stuff from the 60s on there. Interestingly, some of the contents available varies from country to country.

Cheers

Cool. Right now I'm thinking of getting a membership on either Spotify or Xbox Music. I've been leaning towards Spotify since they seem to have a larger catalogue, but being able to access music on Skydrive though Xbox Music from any supported device might be interesting as well if some of my collection from the 40's through the 90's aren't in either collection.

Not to mention the extensive Hawai'ian music collection our family has, which I'm doubtful would be in either music service.

Regards,
SB

Cool. Right now I'm thinking of getting a membership on either Spotify or Xbox Music. I've been leaning towards Spotify since they seem to have a larger catalogue, but being able to access music on Skydrive though Xbox Music from any supported device might be interesting as well if some of my collection from the 40's through the 90's aren't in either collection.

Not to mention the extensive Hawai'ian music collection our family has, which I'm doubtful would be in either music service.

Regards,

SB

I guess Xbox Music catalog is bigger than Spotify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back