News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think it would be bandwidth bound before it would be Rop or Alu bound. 16 rops at something like 13.6 gigapixels a second should be pleny to hit 1080p 60fps.

I would think it would be bandwidth bound before it would be Rop or Alu bound. 16 rops at something like 13.6 gigapixels a second should be pleny to hit 1080p 60fps.
Most likely, especially when you take into account that ROPs are going to become useless.

Major Nelson hints at a major, incredible announcement at PAX, which will take place August 30th this year in Seattle. Maybe they will buy Sega?

http://majornelson.com/cast/2014/04/18/mnr-508-pax-ralph-baer-and-ksr/

I don't know if anyone said ROPs would be useless, just that a switch to compute shaders will bypass some of what ROPs were previously used for.

Most likely, especially when you take into account that ROPs are going to become useless.

Major Nelson hints at a major, incredible announcement at PAX, which will take place August 30th this year in Seattle. Maybe they will buy Sega?

Do you really think Larry Hryb is really prevy to any relevant info inside MS? He seems to be a PR dude at the bottom, he got cornered at E3 by Angry Joe and was taken completely off guard last year.

I can only imagine all the biggest announcements about games would arrive at E3. It's all Phil has talked about.

I imagine PAX will be the announcements of betas for specific highly promoted AAA titles taht are due out later this year Q1 2015?

Do you really think Larry Hryb is really prevy to any relevant info inside MS? He seems to be a PR dude at the bottom, he got cornered at E3 by Angry Joe and was taken completely off guard last year.
Let's be fair to Larry Hyrb, the way Angry Joe managed to get passed the layers of PR was a once in a lifetime trick. He was known as a big xbox fan, he was even a beta testers of the xbox, so he passed the profiling. That gave him an opening from the PR lady, he made them think all the questions he was going to ask would be all fanboyish and pro-Microsoft... then once he was there he asked the real questions which NOBODY else in the media had been successful in asking. He outsmarts the entire PR team, not just Hyrb.

If you follow AJ's retelling of all the behind the scenes of journalism versus PR attack dogs, he exposes how much they control journalists, and nobody can ask any question they don't like. Tell us how great we are and you get the interview.

Let's be fair to Larry Hyrb, the way Angry Joe managed to get passed the layers of PR was a once in a lifetime trick. He was known as a big xbox fan, he was even a beta testers of the xbox, so he passed the profiling. That gave him an opening from the PR lady, he made them think all the questions he was going to ask would be all fanboyish and pro-Microsoft... then once he was there he asked the real questions which NOBODY else in the media had been successful in asking. He outsmarts the entire PR team, not just Hyrb.

If you follow AJ's retelling of all the behind the scenes of journalism versus PR attack dogs, he exposes how much they control journalists, and nobody can ask any question they don't like. Tell us how great we are and you get the interview.

ryan.png

I don't follow the Angry Joe, just not my style. His crying when the whole Youtube copyright debacle took place didn't help matters either. I was subscribed to him by inertia at some point though, when I wasn't used to Youtube and only big channels seemed to matter --actually, it's the opposite, there are better guys/girls with smaller channels, like TheMeinTeam and people like that.

You got a point that nobody would ask that though. Think about what you mention and... if you expect that in an industry that makes/moves more money than Hollywood journalists aren't under control...

Major Nelson fended himself against Angry Joe's attacks pretty well, no blood involved. *Unluckily* for AJ he didn't get his Xbox One for free, unlike Boogie. See the connection?

I couldn't even name a Sega game I care for.

yea sega is pretty much done. The only big thing I could care about is Shenmue trilogy . 1+2 remakes in hd and finally the 3rd one. But I don't think it would light the world on fire.

Nintendo giving up home consoles and developing for the xbox one exclusively would be the only thing incredible to me. Other wise game play of the new halo prob.

He is a director level employee. That's somewhere around level 68. Entry level programmers are level 59. Senior level are 63. Principal is 65. Above that lies dragons and ridiculous stock awards.

He is a director level employee. That's somewhere around level 68. Entry level programmers are level 59. Senior level are 63. Principal is 65. Above that lies dragons and ridiculous stock awards.

Do they get experience for kills and level up? ;)

The videos of him at malls pushing the console made him look like a chump, well that and the stuff that comes out of his mouth.

Looks like Ballmer got to the level cap using exploits. Then he was banned.
xDDD Yeah, he picked flying, got caught.

Xbox One will be released in Japan in September.

And the full list of Japanese developers has been revealed --even the illusive Nippon Ichi. Games, games, games!

• Arc System Works

• Artdink

• Access Games

• Atlus

• Intergrow

• Experience

• SNK Playmore

• Kadokawa Games

• Capcom

• GungHo Online Entertainment

• Qute

• Grounding

• G rev.

• Cave

• Genki

• Koei Tecmo Games

• Konami Digital Entertainment

• CyberConnect2

• Cyberstep

• Silicon Studio

• Zoo

• Square Enix

• Spike Chunsoft

• Sega

• Tango Gameworks

• Take Two Interactive Japan

• D3 Publisher

• Nippon Ichi Software

• Hamster

• Bandai Namco Games

• Bandai Namco Studio

• From Software

• Bethesda Softworks

• Marvelous AQL

• Mages

• Moss

• Yukes

• Ubisoft

• Land Ho

• Level-5

• Warner Entertainment Japan

http://www.shacknews.com/article/84194/xbox-ones-japanese-developers-revealed

Entry level programmers are 59? What's at level 1 then?? Shoe shiner to the cleaning ladies?

Oddly similar to the list of PS developers!?
Not surprising. Platform exclusives are mostly throwing money away if your middleware's good, and the Japanese devs are needing to target the western markets because their home market is drying up. Someone needs to extract the exclusives from that list to see who MS is commissioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back