News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, H2A instead of Halo 5 definitely left a bit of a hole in their fall lineup imo. However at least if the rumors of HD versions of 3, 4, with H2A are true they could maybe throw them all together with some marketing dollars and do OK.

That said ntkrl also mooted Quantum Break for a fall 14 release, which would have eased the flagship sting nicely imo. However, then Famousmortimer said QB is not coming in 14, and I'd tend to believe that as videogames always take as long as possible. Also the last time they differed was on the Titanfall branded X1, ntkrl said it was coming, Mortimer heard it had been canceled, and Mortimer appeared to win that one.

ntkrnl wasn't wrong:

images

images

But he was wrong that it was releasing...it fits with Famousmortimer saying the Titanfall SKU had been canceled.

No worries, I think some of his info was just a bit old. If you reread his posts it seemed he really didn't care that much to be a stickler for accuracy (for example he admitted his territories launch dates list might have errors because he didn't pay that much attention).

But he was wrong that it was releasing...it fits with Famousmortimer saying the Titanfall SKU had been canceled.

No worries, I think some of his info was just a bit old. If you reread his posts it seemed he really didn't care that much to be a stickler for accuracy (for example he admitted his territories launch dates list might have errors because he didn't pay that much attention).

MS is giving them out as gifts to respawn employees.

That TF code will be much less than £50 on eBay, so better value IMO.
I had never thought of that, pretty smart... Had I knew it I'd sell my FIFA 14 Xbox One Day one code time ago. It's a great game, superb realistic, very nice physics and all but I barely play it, I am into Powerstar Golf and things like that.

News:

Microsoft are trying to lure politicians to include ads for their campaign on Xbox Live and Skype.

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsof...o-pay-for-campaign-ads-on-xbox-live-and-skype

I had never thought of that, pretty smart... Had I knew it I'd sell my FIFA 14 Xbox One Day one code time ago. It's a great game, superb realistic, very nice physics and all but I barely play it, I am into Powerstar Golf and things like that.

News:

Microsoft are trying to lure politicians to include ads for their campaign on Xbox Live and Skype.

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsof...o-pay-for-campaign-ads-on-xbox-live-and-skype

It would be horrible to suddenly be bombarded with political ads. One here and there is one thing, but if it starts to become a norm then that becomes an annoyance where Live may not be worth paying for any more. I don't use the service to receive political messages and I'd very much like it to stay that way.

Yeah, H2A instead of Halo 5 definitely left a bit of a hole in their fall lineup imo. However at least if the rumors of HD versions of 3, 4, with H2A are true they could maybe throw them all together with some marketing dollars and do OK.

That said ntkrl also mooted Quantum Break for a fall 14 release, which would have eased the flagship sting nicely imo. However, then Famousmortimer said QB is not coming in 14, and I'd tend to believe that as videogames always take as long as possible. Also the last time they differed was on the Titanfall branded X1, ntkrl said it was coming, Mortimer heard it had been canceled, and Mortimer appeared to win that one.

We could get something out of left field , they are teasing Crackdown quite a lot. That could move some titels.

Aside from that if they release Halo 2,3,4 HD ports in a single $60 package that would be a pretty big seller for a lot of people. 2 and 3 were great games and 4 was a good game. Heck if they could shove in Halo 1 they could pitch it as a way to replay the series before Halo 5 releases.

Remedy took some time with AW, so QB could be the same. Anyone know when they started to actually work on it?

I am curious to know how much input Remedy gave to MS overall for X1.

Rumors, flimsy yeah. of Microsoft's "biggest surprise ever" at E3

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/05/microsofts-bigger-surprise-ever-coming-at-e3/

So what E3 pro-MS Megatons could we speculate on, knowing our hopes are likely to be dashed?

They sold XBox to Amazon (lolz)?

Umm, what else. For me a far fetched but slightly possible one I'd love to see is they drop Kinect, and announce a brand new $299 price.

Gameswise, Hmm, what could be huge these days? Some huge series going timed exclusive? Probably essentially impossible. Let your mind run wild...

A few good ones from forums because I'm not very creative and cant think of any:

MS buys Respawn, they become first party. (this one actually seems kind of the far fetched realistic we're going for)
GTA 6 exclusive (righhttt)
New Mass Effect trilogy exclusive to X1.
They're buying Sony
Ms buys Rockstar
XBox Two
Uncle Bill's Sex Change
Valve/Nintendo partnership (another good one)
Halo 5,6,7,8,9 & 10 out in November. (hah, internets crack me up)
Backwards Compatibility dongle for Xbox One incoming
Illumiroom? Oculus Rift, Forteleza glasses, This ties in with that developer guy who recently said he saw cool stuff from MS they dont talk about http://www.gamespot.com/articles/da...ings-coming-can-t-share-details/1100-6417975/

Microsoft is changing their names to Xbox.
Sakaguchi's new game (not big enough imo)
To me there are three possible announcements that would directly enter the megaton category:

- Sony and Microsoft merge.

- Microsoft buys Sega.

- The Xbox One is modifiable.

But I expect something a bit milder, something going not too far that one wouldn't be able to breathe for a few seconds or either something not being too shocking but still valuable.

mosen, the link doesn't work for me. I really really like the Titanfall gamepads.

We could get something out of left field , they are teasing Crackdown quite a lot. That could move some titels.

Aside from that if they release Halo 2,3,4 HD ports in a single $60 package that would be a pretty big seller for a lot of people. 2 and 3 were great games and 4 was a good game. Heck if they could shove in Halo 1 they could pitch it as a way to replay the series before Halo 5 releases.

I'm inclined to think they'll announce another OG Xbox fan favorite or 2 like a Crimson Skies reboot with similar flight mechanics as before but adding role playing/shooter elements.

Megaton speculation: Virtual PC on XB1.

A shit ton of productivity software and a massive legacy games catalogue.

Oh, and MS gets to sell another Windows license. Everybody wins !!

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back