News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
you also just hit the guide button (hold I think) to snap between active apps

Also the last several apps used stay pinned on home screen to toggle between with controller at any time as well

To do it with the controller you go to the home screen, select the "snap" icon (located just to the right of the large "last or running" app), and then choose the app you want to snap from the list available (this list is sortable). Not sure if there are any controller shortcuts to go straight to the snap app selection list. You can also use gestures. For example grabbing the screen edges with two hands and collapsing takes you home.

However, it seems that voice will be quickest and most intuitive because it requires the least amount of steps. And hence why they demo it like that. Voice basically allows you to group commands and bypass menu levels. Voice can also pass data into the launched app. So it can translate voice into arguments for search within the app you specify like the marketplace, internet explorer, youtube, or twitch for instance.

Great explanation.

To do it with the controller you go to the home screen, select the "snap" icon (located just to the right of the large "last or running" app), and then choose the app you want to snap from the list available (this list is sortable). Not sure if there are any controller shortcuts to go straight to the snap app selection list. You can also use gestures. For example grabbing the screen edges with two hands and collapsing takes you home.

However, it seems that voice will be quickest and most intuitive because it requires the least amount of steps. And hence why they demo it like that. Voice basically allows you to group commands and bypass menu levels. Voice can also pass data into the launched app. So it can translate voice into arguments for search within the app you specify like the marketplace, internet explorer, youtube, or twitch for instance.

Tell us where you got your XB1 hidden!!!!! NNNOOOOOWWW!!!! ;)

There is also a new personalisation video called "Your Xbox One" where Major Nelson explains how you can personalise your Xbox One with "desktop" backgrounds and stuff, but I can't find the link for some reason. I'd swear I've seen it somewhere.

I found it...

BTW, the video on Skydrive goes into some interesting uses for App Channels on the One Guide...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2Vlsqft27I

I'm starting to really like the One Guide. Pretty neat.

Tommy McClain

Last edited by a moderator:
I found it...

BTW, the video on Skydrive goes into some interesting uses for App Channels on the One Guide...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2Vlsqft27I

I'm starting to really like the One Guide. Pretty neat.

Tommy McClain
Yup, that's the video. Nice you can have your own background and theme.

Talking of which, Microsoft are running a contest where you can win prizes if you design a Gamerpic for use in Xbox Live.

Made-by-You-Gamerpic-Contest-Xbox-One.jpg

http://www.wpcentral.com/design-gamerpic-xbox-one-and-have-it-featured-xbox-live

The problem is that it is a not a Lego game, it is just a Marvel Superhero's game, but the native resolution is such that it looks like Lego! (sorry had to)

Yeah yeah, at how many studs pr second? i would expect it to studder alot on the XB1 with the postponed date! :)

I'd heard that, because of bandwidth issues, they's been unable to process 6 or 8 stud bricks, only 4 stud. The delay is down to them working out a way to process them in 2 stud chunks...:yes:

The problem is that it is a not a Lego game, it is just a Marvel Superhero's game, but the native resolution is such that it looks like Lego! (sorry had to)
:LOL:

That's hilarious.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

South Park takes on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One fans stance.

Shuhei Yoshida from Sony, on Microsoft: he said in a Giantbomb interview he appreciates them, that they are really smart people and very resourceful.

http://myxboblog.com/2013/11/12/app...happy-about-microsoft-being-their-competitor/

Sony entertainment worldwide Studios President Shuhei Yoshida is excited when he talks about their competitor Microsoft. Today in fact Yoshida went openly and said that in to the public while being interviewed by Giant Bomb.

When he was asked about Microsoft’s recent move of offering indie developers a free Unity license, he responded:

That’s a great example on how competition is great and important. If there was only one company, that company could decide the pace and priority of things.

But if there are two similar projects and two companies competing, that’s, I think, the best situation for both consumer getting really the best out of these two groups, but also, it creates stories.

You know, exactly like you asked, “Microsoft did this!” and then there’s a reaction. So that creates a new story and that competition makes what’s happening in the game industry more interesting to the general public and I think that’s really helpful.

So I’m really happy that we have strong and great competition with Microsoft and I appreciate them. They’re really smart speople and very resourceful, so that always keeps us on our toes and looking at ourselves, if we’re doing enough

That's hilarious.

South Park takes on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One fans stance.

Haha...yes competition is good. Anyway I think if you're a true gamer you'd buy whatever system necessary to play the games you like. I plan on getting a PS4 next year for those exclusive games that cannot be played on my X1.:smile:

Shuhei Yoshida from Sony, on Microsoft: he said in a Giantbomb interview he appreciates them, that they are really smart people and very resourceful.

http://myxboblog.com/2013/11/12/app...happy-about-microsoft-being-their-competitor/

And he said too:

Since the beginning of this year when we saw leaks [about the specs] of next-gen platforms, we immediately knew since the tech specs on PS4 were accurate that the Xbox specifications were likely accurate as well. So we knew at that point that we had much more raw power... So I was hoping from earlier this year that when games come out from third-parties - because that's the best example, to look at the same game on different platforms - if there's any slight performance difference on the two systems I'll be very happy. I wasn't expecting something like [what happened with] Call of Duty, 720p versus 1080p - that's a significant difference. Or Battlefield 4, which is 900 versus 720 - 900 requires 50 percent more pixels to be rendered. I learned all this from the Digital Foundry site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back