News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as pre-orders go we know two things for sure:

1) Leading up to E3 pre-orders (at assumed same launch price) was neck and neck
2) After E3 PS4 had a massive few days at least until the 180

Since then all pre-order charts I ever saw showed the PS4 still leading XBO so how does this equate to XBO closing the gap and selling more at launch!? Even with the 180 PS4 is substantially cheaper and nothing else has changed.

No bloody way that's happening, not after how long MS has been saying Kinect is important part of the experience and devs trusting it's always there.

Since then all pre-order charts I ever saw showed the PS4 still leading XBO so how does this equate to XBO closing the gap and selling more at launch!? Even with the 180 PS4 is substantially cheaper and nothing else has changed.

Both have sold out their pre-order quotas in many places, so it's hard to "catch up" more. XB1 did close the gap at Amazon for example, rising back to top sellers even though not above PS4l.

The single SKU for XB1 is like 51 on Amazon, behind the Move controller. Even if you try to discount Amazon because it is noncommittal, why are there not more people non-committing to it?

I looked in the "Movers and Shakers" thinking that would show something else, well it shows one PS4 bundle up 5000% since it went back in stock, no XB1 on the list. So I don't get it, maybe all the XB1 buyers are also people who don't like the Internet and like businesses taking down payments up front?

I think MS is fighting a big PR battle and have been making some progress, but I'm not sure it has paid off in retail yet.

This is unlikely given the price disparity. The only way XBone is outselling PS4 around launch is if there are more XBones.

This does seem like FUD. Don't buy an Xbox now because there's a cheaper one coming next summer. I also find the idea of a smaller HD suspect.

If Kinect flops, I could see MS releasing a Kinect-less version, but we won't know that for another 3-4 years.

It is an incredibly stupid idea. So, given MS recent history it is probably being considered.

Anyone that complains about mandatory Kinect is about as clueless as it gets. NUI is the future. This is not something that is debatable nor something on which someone can have a valid dissenting opinion. The only variable in play is timing.

Yeah I am trying to wrap my head around a Kinectless sku in 2014. Technically there is nothing stopping them from doing it at launch so why 2014 when Kinect should be cheaper to include.

I ordered from GameStop but wish I would have trusted the dashboard order to show up on time.

Would prefer to wake up launch day to UPS guy rather than fight the crowd

Microsoft To Announce Indie Self-Publishing, New Certification Process

Additionally, we have learned that Microsoft is drastically overhauling its certification process. The company will use a model similar to iTunes and is targeting a 14-day turnaround for an approvals. Instead of extensive code checking, the company will be looking for terms of service violations and significant bugs.

We've also been told, but cannot confirm, that every Xbox One unit can be converted to a debug console. Instead of specific hardware units, Microsoft can authorize a console ID to play pre-release code. This is in line with information we've received about a new process for beta tests. They will be run via hardware provisioning on Xbox One, with the process reportedly to be enabled for up to 25,000 users per test at launch. Given the ability to provision for beta testing, the ability to enable retail hardware for pre-release code seems feasible.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...er&utm_content=buffer1869e&utm_medium=twitter

Rumor:
- Self publishing
- 14 days certification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back