News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I could tell what thread I was in, but wasn't DF talking fps in general on PS4, dipping into the 20's. Watch Dogs on Fallon was full of stutter as well. So I dunno, maybe that.

Right. i'm curious why the writer referred to PS4's "beefier GPU clocks", and wondering did he mean compared to XB1?

Right. i'm curious why the writer referred to PS4's "beefier GPU clocks", and wondering did he mean compared to XB1?

It's because the PS4 has 50% more clocks

(12 Units) * (Clock/Unit) < (18 Units) * (Clock/Unit)

12 Clocks vs 18 Clocks.

50 Percent More Clocks.

:yep2:

People, if they really allowed full game sharing amongst ten people, do you know what a piracy/abuse problem they would have? You would in essence be possibly giving away 9 free copies for every one you sold.

The other clue that this could never happen is PS3 had some sort of thing like this, but limited to 5, or maybe 3 later I dont know any details, and they stopped it due to abuse.

That alone makes some kind of limits a given imo.

CBOAT (who's rep has taken a slight hit imo, but anyway) also "confirmed" the 60 min limit (as only he can) AFAIK.

and are we sure cboat's claim is not that the 60 minutes was just for the online check? and not a cut off?

For what it's worth, Aaron Greenberg just completely denied this rumor on twitter. NOT SHARING JUST A DEMO. NOT LIMITED TO 60 MINUTES.

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/statuses/347911202057379840

This was the question:

@aarongreenberg Is it true that the
"family sharing" was only demos for like an hour? You weren't actually sharing the full game?

here is the answer:

@STX21 No, that was confusing and not true.

So Aaron is telling the truth. It is NOT a demo you are sharing the full game.

It's because the PS4 has 50% more clocks

(12 Units) * (Clock/Unit) < (18 Units) * (Clock/Unit)

12 Clocks vs 18 Clocks.

50 Percent More Clocks.

:yep2:

Yeah, it was weird phrasing, but I think he just meant that clock for clock, the PS4 GPU is beefier by virtue of having more execution units.

This was the question:

@aarongreenberg Is it true that the
"family sharing" was only demos for like an hour? You weren't actually sharing the full game?

here is the answer:

@STX21 No, that was confusing and not true.

So Aaron is telling the truth. It is NOT a demo you are sharing the full game.

so is he denying it's only a demo or denying it's only for 60 minutes, or both? once again, too much wiggle room.

so is he denying it's only a demo or denying it's only for 60 minutes, or both?

I think he is denying that it's a demo which is true. It's not a demo. Demos can't share DLC demos don't save your progress. The family share plan does. An hourly nag screen ... think of it as shareware :p

once again, too much wiggle room.

Of course. They aren't gonna lie, they just don't need to tell you everything.

Aegies (polygon) deny the rumor too:

@aegies: "the xbox one game sharing thing was real. it was not demos. they had arrangements with publishers in place."

"they had arrangements with publishers in place"
This is the reason, they scrapped all the system, both physical and Digital.
Hope they bring digital down the road.

If pastebin were factual, where is our 4TF Xbox infinity??

The way I understood the family sharing was that you could give a game only once to one of you 10 friends not to all of them, it then became his and he could not give it to anyone.

The way I understood the family sharing was that you could give a game only once to one of you 10 friends not to all of them, it then became his and he could not give it to anyone.
I think you're mixing the gifting with the sharing. Although with the sharing, if it was as open as said, then there's little point for the gifting mechanism. I guess that's only for resale.

I think you're mixing the gifting with the sharing. Although with the sharing, if it was as open as said, then there's little point for the gifting mechanism. I guess that's only for resale.

Well, they could just be optimistic and believe in human beings potentially having more than 10 friends. ;)

Although I guess that doesn't fit with the nerd in the parent's basement image. :D

Regards,
SB

Aegies (polygon) deny the rumor too:

@aegies: "the xbox one game sharing thing was real. it was not demos. they had arrangements with publishers in place."

Right they weren't demos and they had arrangements with publishers. What are the arrangements ? Restrictions on usage so as to not devalue the game. There is nothing in the rumor that contradicts any public statement made by MS.

So here is what the Verge has to say :

http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/21/4451172/xbox-engineer-disappointed-pastebin-note-rumored-features

It's impossible to verify that these are the words of an Xbox engineer, but sources familiar with Microsoft's Xbox plans have revealed to The Verge that the company was discussing the idea of limiting each Family Sharing session to one hour and that game progress would be saved so you could play through the hourly caps or purchase the full game to continue uninterrupted. The engineer notes that Microsoft was contemplating limiting the number of times Family Sharing could be accessed per game until it was purchased.

Not a demo but a version of shareware.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back