News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hah. So why not just play the demo?

Yeah, that's not true.

For now we should use the DRM thread but I will just say that the "shared game" isn't a demo right. It's a full game with some form of restrictions. They just don't tell you one of those restrictions is a time one. Full functionality but time restriction.

Wow so we're going back to the fucking Stone Ages and have to swap fucking game discs even though they're all installed on a 3TB HDD? *fucking facepalm*

And no game library sharing...way to go with a forward looking console....fucking genius!

If you were embracing the digital world, why are you lamenting the loss of a weird hokey system of buying a disc just to install it digitally? Wouldn't you be buying directly from the digital store and downloading it? Thus these changes would mean nothing to you. You're going to be able to take your digital library with you anywhere, with the new tech you'll be able to start playing much faster wherever you end up.

Dude there's this thing called bandwidth cap...maybe you've heard of it...then again obviously not...:LOL::rolleyes:

Also when I buy a game disc I could shop around for the cheapest deals. If I buy a DD online I will likely have to buy from MS's X1 store which have fixed prices...and this is in addition to the above bandwidth caps..:???:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow so we're going back to the fucking Stone Ages and have to swap fucking game discs even though they're all installed on a 3TB HDD? *fucking facepalm*

And no game library sharing...way to go with a forward looking console....fucking genius!
Buy the dd version

Dude there's this thing called bandwidth cap...maybe you've heard of it...then again obviously not...:LOL::rolleyes:

We shouldn't lose current day-and-age game lending/selling/sharing rights just to support your stone age internet connection. Scary that you want the concept of ownership to be shaped around your prehistoric download cap (while you happily abandon people on the rung down who don't have internet at all).

And just how were you going to access your friends' (time limited?) game libraries with that crippling bandwidth cap? Sounds like you'll be needing to borrow the disk ...

I'm much happier with things after the XBOX ONE EIGHTY announcement.

So pastebin = fact now?
Yes, that was the rumour, but I don't trust anything pastebin after what happened in the past.

By the way, this might be very interesting...

Microsoft are holding a press conference in a couple of hours to take the wraps off the details of the new policies.

We shouldn't lose current day-and-age game lending/selling/sharing rights just to support your stone age internet connection. Scary that you want the concept of ownership to be shaped around your prehistoric download cap (while you happily abandon people on the rung down who don't have internet at all).

And just how were you going to access your friends' (time limited?) game libraries with that crippling bandwidth cap? Sounds like you'll be needing to borrow the disk ...

I'm much happier with things after the XBOX ONE EIGHTY announcement.

And you already decided to buy a PS4 so why fuck with stuff you shouldn't be fucking with?

The majority of the USA's broadband has caps....;)

And I'm having 20Mbps broadband installed this weekend but still has caps. As for people who don't have internet...well sorry but if you don't have internet you shouldn't be buying a $500 console that's based around online everything...genius!:LOL::rolleyes:

Would you buy a cellphone if you lived in the mountains and can't get a cellular signal? Fuck No!

Sharing of digital library with other people would have expanded your digital rights which is quite groundbreaking.

I wouldn't call demo versions a groundbreaking right:) Neither do I really get why their unsharp digital library model wouldn't still be possible for pure digital content anyway. There's so much disinformation and obfuscation by MS about it anyway.

What I would expect from a real digital market is unlimited unrestricted trading of digital content(in the domain of the system). MS could easily offer a shop and ask the same sales fee ebay would ask. But all they think about DD is getting more control to maximize profits in the end. For that they try/tried to sell a fake ownership which is more a bastard renting model.

http://www.neowin.net/news/rumor-xbox-one-family-sharing-was-limited-to-60-minutes

Yes, that was the rumour, but I don't trust anything pastebin after what happened in the past.

By the way, this might be very interesting...

Microsoft are holding a press conference in a couple of hours to take the wraps off the details of the new policies.

so take this report with a grain of salt.
The article you linked is based on an anon paste bin. Do people not understand that anyone can do post there and claim whatever they want?

The article you linked is based on an anon paste bin. Do people not understand that anyone can do post there and claim whatever they want?
Yep, pastebin is bs.

All I care and hope for now is that they don't remove Kinect 2. I certainly don't want a Xbox 360 with better graphics. I want a Xbox One.

Sure lets assume that it wasn't a real MS employee. What is more likely 2 people concurrently sharing games from day one of a game's release (SP and/or MP) and 10 people sharing libraries full of them accessible across the world or time restrictions ( not functional ones ) but with some shared DLC and other resources, that make publishers less nervous. Don't get me wrong either way is cool but one just seems to make more sense from a business perspective. Even if the pastebin thing is completely bogus what are the chances that MS wouldn't start changing things up ... can't know until you see the EULA.

I don't know what the full details of their plan were or would have been and clearly neither did the idiot behind that paste bin, because why the hell would they need to limit a short duration demo mode to 10 people. So please stop posting that fud as fact, it grows tiresome.

People, if they really allowed full game sharing amongst ten people, do you know what a piracy/abuse problem they would have? You would in essence be possibly giving away 9 free copies for every one you sold.

The other clue that this could never happen is PS3 had some sort of thing like this, but limited to 5, or maybe 3 later I dont know any details, and they stopped it due to abuse.

That alone makes some kind of limits a given imo.

CBOAT (who's rep has taken a slight hit imo, but anyway) also "confirmed" the 60 min limit (as only he can) AFAIK.

Latest DF dealing with PS4 has this odd line, which I bolded and put all the surrounding text for context

Not everything goes to plan, but when it comes to the games it's clear there's a carefully plotted agenda for the PS4's tentative late 2013 launch. Given how Xbox One banner titles like Forza Motorsport 5 and Killer Instinct are running at a blistering native 1080p at 60 frames per second on day one, there's nothing truly equivalent competing on the Sony side in terms of fighters and racing sims. However, between Infamous: Second Son and Killzone: Shadow Fall, the bases are thoroughly covered for first and third person action titles, while Mark Cerny's mysterious platformer Knack brings some light-hearted respite to its online launch lineup.

The question is, for its faster unified GDDR5 memory and beefier GPU clocks, does Sony's first wave of titles actually bring the 1080p60 dream into focus? Or does this first wave of games more accurately represent the continuation of the console 30fps template? During our time at E3, we got a chance to test almost every PS4 title on display, allowing us to get a feel for where development stands for each of these core titles, plus some of the third-party efforts too.

Beefier GPU clocks? What?

Is this supposed to be backhanded confirmation of Xbone downclock?

If so why doesn't he say it openly? Maybe told by a dev but "strictly do not mention"?

Maybe he meant compared to PS3/last gen?

Maybe he meant beefier GPU and worded it strangely?

Maybe nothing (my best guess)?

Latest DF dealing with PS4 has this odd line, which I bolded and put all the surrounding text for context

Maybe nothing (my best guess)?

Nothing would be my guess as well. Maybe they meant beefier GPU ?

I mean there could be problems but I gotta think despite their PR issues that MS is most likely essentially on schedule. They made some specific engineering decisions for a pretty robust ( if not the fastest ) system and while there might be a problem with one batch of chips I just don't get the feeling they are all bad.

Wish I could tell what thread I was in, but wasn't DF talking fps in general on PS4, dipping into the 20's. Watch Dogs on Fallon was full of stutter as well. So I dunno, maybe that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back