Motorstorm (PS3)

Laa-Yosh said:
Just what I've expected... let's stop this discussion now.

Do you also expect them to stop developing the game today? Come on cuz I see straight through you. Yes it's not 100% the same, but I can see that they are closing in on what their goal is.

And that's why I'm saying it looks close.

mckmas8808 said:
YEAH I think it's close. 90% at least.

Wow, I'm losing alot of respect for you right now. Is it really so hard to be objective? Close? You have to be blind to think these are 'close' they look nothing alike.

scooby_dooby said:
Wow, I'm losing alot of respect for you right now. Is it really so hard to be objective? Close? You have to be blind to think these are 'close' they look nothing alike.

Nothing alike? So you are saying that my freaking mother couldn't tell that they are the same game?

And lose respect for what? You think that now the Sony thing started that I turned on some super fanman button and have become "Super Sony Man"?

Come on, I'm a man first and I wouldn't let any company rule what I believe and don't believe. The pics look similar. And do you think that the game won't look even better when released?

scooby_dooby said:

Well, "nothing" is quite strong. But objectively this falls short of the CGI render target in many ways. The gameplay looks very interesting and there is some good stuff here, but not the gulf in quality we were told to expect. And there is a lot to knit pick here compared to other next gen games, let along the CGI. It also has some great things going on (mud!). Definately NOT the mind blowing experience the render target set as a "bar". But I do look forward to some video AND play testing!

Acert93 said:
Well, "nothing" is quite strong. But objectively this falls short of the CGI render target in many ways. The gameplay looks very interesting and there is some good stuff here, but not the gulf in quality we were told to expect. And there is a lot to knit pick here compared to other next gen games, let along the CGI. It also has some great things going on (mud!). Definately NOT the mind blowing experience the render target set as a "bar". But I do look forward to some video AND play testing!

But we "ALL" can at least acknowledge that development hasn't stopped right? I mean is it impossible to imagine the game actually looking even better once released?

Just state your own opinions, stop discussing other people's opinions for pages and pages.

Now, on topic, what can I say.. Well, there's motion blur, a lot of it. Too much of it?

Shadow

scooby_dooby said:

Detail is same, difference is blur and shadow. Where is self-shadow? I think old version has self-shadow.

That looks nothing like the CG video from last year. Not only does this game appear to use a very, uh, dull color palette but it doesn't look very fun either.

It looks strange. Shots from the other games look like real screenshots (e.g. HS - me like!) but this...

I don't know. On top of that the cars are supposed to move fast, and everything is blurred, but yet the tyres look like thery're not moving at all.

Fishy.

scooby_dooby said:

honestly i thought the this year e3 pic look better than last year one and that is my opinion and nothing you could do to change it. If you do you will loose respect.

dantruon said:
honestly i thought the this year e3 pic look better than last year one and that is my opinion and nothing you could do to change it. If you do you will loose respect.

Many objective forum members have agreed that the game falls far short of the CG trailer from last year. I don't see what esle there is to discuss, some people just see what they want to see I guess.

Okay, yes the quality isn't the same as last year target render. However, it still look pretty good. Is it head and shoulder of what we have seen on the 360? No. Is it on par? More or less. IMO it doesn't look as good as PGR. But mainly because it's hard to judge when the environment is different, the game play is different and the style is different. However, the lighting in PGR somehow looks better. However, this isn't a finished product, I'm sure it will improve. It can only get better...not any worst.

So has it delivered on what Sony promised? No. However, is the quality good enough? Yes! Will it be fun to play? Don't know....just have to wait for the review.

Back