Motorstorm (PS3)

The thing is, if it was realtime or not - I really don't care. The above sniplet is exactly what I've been expecting from next generation... Maybe I'm just still overly happy with current generation and thus wouldn't mind waiting longer if it ment we got games of that caliber.

Titanio said:
He didn't say this, the editor of the show said it. All Kenwright said was that it was "faithful". Which actually suggests it was not realtime stuff.

Gah..your correct. I forgot that it was the "narration" of the video that stated it during the video. Yeah, it wasn't him exactly. I apologize for that. Had sometime of memory breakdown there...

Last edited by a moderator:
weaksauce said:
C'mon, motorstorm looks fun as hell! It's like some destruction derby game with smugglers run and motoracer and.. just.. awesome...
:D

Man I like the line-up so far; warhawk, lair and motorstorm. Hopefully they'll finish moh:a in time too. :)

LOL, I'm sure it's fun. Just not my cup of tea. But that's the beauty of the PS brand, so much variety. The only racing game I like was either gran turismo or mario cart for the fun factor.

I still want more Lair and see what else warhawk has to offer. But an Ace Combat on the PS3 would be amazing! :oops:

Heavenly sword would be nice for a launch. Or maybe at least a "dead or alive" launch title.

Titanio said:
He didn't say this, the editor of the show said it. All Kenwright said was that it was "faithful". Which actually suggests it was not realtime stuff.

Now can we leave it at that, please? london-boy will have a heart attack :p

Here's the only other comments I could find from him about the game:

Naah, wasn't he talking about the other demos when he said faithful?

Looks good but way behind the CG footage they showed off last year. The backgrounds are really barren.

At first blush they seemed to have improved the mud particle rendering over GDC, so be thankful for small mercies ;)

Heavy blurring also. Will be interesting to see in motion.

Hopefully the blur makes it look good in motion because it looks crap on screens.

Hm, well, it ain't on par at all but they seem to at least have covered most of the features. Now we need to see the destruction physics.

!eVo!-X Ant UK said:
The enviroment looks different, like its a different course from the game as there's less vegitation........

I'm mostly annoyed by the motorcycle drivers. Less detailed. :smile:

Laa-Yosh said:
How funny that they have last year's trailer images in the same gallery.

Funny how the images look close to those same images even though they have at least 4 months left to make the game (and that's if it's a launch title).

Close to what? You're not saying here that the realtime shots and the pre-rendered stuff are similar, right?

Back