Motorstorm (PS3)

slider said:
2) The buggy doesn't seem to travel that fast at the moment... anyone feel the same?

I thought the same until I saw the hood/bonnet view, with the camera reacting to every bump and the "periphery" whizzing by. Much better. But thats pretty much the case for me with every semi-realistic racing game, 3rd person cameras just plain stink for speed and immersion. I'll definitely be sticking to the hood cam in this game if thats all there is, but hopefully they'll have fully fleshed out cockpit views for each class of vehicle in the final.

@Liverkick: I'm very wary of saying it, but the cockpit/car view does get the game so much closer to the 2005 render.

Oddly, I think, if implemented, the particle effects will add to the whole feeling of speed.

Don't worry, rumble and force feedback aren't in any way related, even if relabeling rumble as 'force shock' on the Xbox seems to suggest so. Note that until the newly announced wireless 360 wheel is released, presumably for Forza 2, no games on the 360 have had any kind of Force Feedback.

In contrast, nearly all racing games on the PS2 do. And if you have paid a little attention on how closely Logitech and PD worked together on the Driving Force Pro wheel, with its unique 900 degrees of rotation, you can rest assured that any future Gran Turismo will incorporate Force Feedback.

Did anyone also notice that Logitech just released a new wheel with a real shifter and clutch? Will be interesting to see if that will be included in the next GT. Reckon it will, to be honest.

Arwin said:
Did anyone also notice that Logitech just released a new wheel with a real shifter and clutch? Will be interesting to see if that will be included in the next GT. Reckon it will, to be honest.

You've got to be kidding me. A real shifter and clutch? Man that's nice.

Arwin said:
Don't worry, rumble and force feedback aren't in any way related, even if relabeling rumble as 'force shock' on the Xbox seems to suggest so. Note that until the newly announced wireless 360 wheel is released, presumably for Forza 2, no games on the 360 have had any kind of Force Feedback.

In contrast, nearly all racing games on the PS2 do. And if you have paid a little attention on how closely Logitech and PD worked together on the Driving Force Pro wheel, with its unique 900 degrees of rotation, you can rest assured that any future Gran Turismo will incorporate Force Feedback.

Now thats some sweet news.

weaksauce said:
hah.. but they don't seem to have any car damage at all. i hope when they said it was only 50% finished that they ment it on the tech level.
There's plenty of damage in the game, just watch all the other videos. The one with the hood cam shows a semi having a yard sale in the canyon. Door, wheels, hoods...the whole works just goes flying. There's wreck damage, but I don't think there's an actual damage model that will affect your handling. The game is about heavy contact, and would probably be completely unplayable if small bumps and dings resulted in lost performance. Then everyone would just pick the semi and battering ram the competition off the line. PEACE.

EDIT: Here's the animated gif showing said yard sale.

http://upsilandre.free.fr/videos/discamion.gif (>2MB)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back