Motorstorm 2

Why oh why did the devs like to remove features when they were working fine ?

Also, since there are too many games this fall, might want to cut some slack to the reviewers. Basically, the reviews are all done under extreme time pressure. The industry kinda brought it upon themselves this time round.

I'll never really understand why Gametrailers would set themselves up basically saying their review system is shit, lol.

"If this would have launched with the PS3, it would have been fantastic, but the bar has been raised, etc etc". Really?

I mean, they're basically saying a lot of launch games got a free pass, but they still gave them good scores anyway. A lot of folks are all guilty of this though, I can't count how many good reviews PDZ got...the horror!

Huh??? This isn't some flawed review system, its normal logic.

Games allways compete with the current competition of games out.

The bar is getting raised constantly as games get better and better. It works like that for all reviewers. If CoD2 would have came out today, it would have gotten crappy scores, but when it came out, the references avaliable where worse than what we have today, thus CoD2 was relatively better\worse than those titles..

There is nothing wierd about saying a game would have been fantastic at launch, but nowadays its nothing special. There are more games out there, more competition, and it takes more to impress, because your references (other titles that you have played that you can compare to) are better.

Got it in the post today. Soundtrack has 46 songs...and you can have your own. Loads of Trophies. Track variety is pretty amazing, but yes some of them can be "ugly" on first glance.

Why oh why did the devs like to remove features when they were working fine ?

Also, since there are too many games this fall, might want to cut some slack to the reviewers. Basically, the reviews are all done under extreme time pressure. The industry kinda brought it upon themselves this time round.

There is motion control in the game. But they have changed it to righting your vehicle and not steering. Works on all vehicles except bikes. Never liked the motion control in the last game....

Arwin will not be pleased! I liked the motion storing in MS1 when I tried it. This sounds like a significant backwards step. Why remove options?

How does it look compared to the demo?

Huh??? This isn't some flawed review system, its normal logic.

Games allways compete with the current competition of games out.

The bar is getting raised constantly as games get better and better. It works like that for all reviewers. If CoD2 would have came out today, it would have gotten crappy scores, but when it came out, the references avaliable where worse than what we have today, thus CoD2 was relatively better\worse than those titles..

There is nothing wierd about saying a game would have been fantastic at launch, but nowadays its nothing special. There are more games out there, more competition, and it takes more to impress, because your references (other titles that you have played that you can compare to) are better.

It is flawed logic. Why bring it up? That's like saying "Well, Too Human isn't a great game, but if it would have been a launch game, we would have loved it!".

Not to mentino they bring up the new 'standard' and how the bar has been 'raised' but fail to make any valid comparisons. All the competitors in the same genre really aren't nearly as good (Sega Rally, Baja).

I just find it silly to attempt to draw comparisons, while offering none. Why talk about the bar, and neglect to mentino who raised it?

"Well, he was fast, but still doesn't impress me, because there are others who are faster"

"Like who"

*silence*

It's just stupid.

Arwin will not be pleased! I liked the motion storing in MS1 when I tried it. This sounds like a significant backwards step. Why remove options?

Because even though you had to enable it in the first place, all reviewers and the "motion control sucks give me vibration" crowd did was to piss and moan about it.

Review pressure brought to fruition.

They've just given the motion sensing another function...

Demo level is similar. Lighting is better...gets really good. There's Rain as well. Ground textures are good most of time, but can be inconsistent. Track design is the best out of any racer ever created :)

When you say righting, do you mean adjusting orientation mid-air? I read it as basically turning the vehicle over, which now I think about it doesn't fit in with the gameplay. But even then, you could have motion steering that adjusts orientation in the air.

When you say righting, do you mean adjusting orientation mid-air? I read it as basically turning the vehicle over, which now I think about it doesn't fit in with the gameplay. But even then, you could have motion steering that adjusts orientation in the air.

If you're about to fall over...you can right your vehicle to land the right way up.

I picked this up today. What an intense game. Great tracks (played about six) and great looking. Motion control is in the final game, I picked it by accident and could not drive. Custom sound tracks works, as does the screen capture function. I even played split screen with a friend, you can choose vertical or horizontal split.

Yeah, I pick it up myself and I have to say MS:pR improves on every concept MS1 did well and struggles to do well. Nearly all the tracks in the game are highly addicting with many more multiple routes to take. The vehicles classes are also better and more balance this time and they don't come off as floaty like the first game. If I were to rate the game so far, I'll give it an 8.5 only because I'm greedy and wanted more game modes then it offers.

I picked this up today. What an intense game. Great tracks (played about six) and great looking. Motion control is in the final game, I picked it by accident and could not drive. Custom sound tracks works, as does the screen capture function. I even played split screen with a friend, you can choose vertical or horizontal split.

Really? Weird! Is that in the U.S. or in E.U.?

It's part of the game, but maybe 2.5 made it possible. You hit pause and bring up the screen capture menu, you can rotate, pan, zoom, etc.

MGS4 had it even without 2.5, so can't really tell :rolleyes: !
Anyways, its good to have it ! So, when am I gonna see a lot of cool pics ? :p!

Wow ! The screenshots thereare super amazing for the demo I played !
The game sure has improved :) !
MSPR_Rubey_6.jpg

In that thread:

One of the more advanced techniques in the game is the SIXAXIS tilt, you may find it essential if you’re going to win some of the more challenging races. Teetering precariously on two wheels? Quickly tilt the pad in the opposite direction to the roll and you’ll slam your wheels back on to the ground.

But that’s not all we’ve got for you. If you’re in the air and at a dodgy angle, you can rotate and twist your pad to try to give yourself a smoother landing. It’ll help maintain speed and potentially avoid a wreck.

And then, there’s also the actual SIXAXIS vehicle control. You can turn this on in the Options from the Main Menu by scrolling through the control layouts and selecting the one you want. This allows you to steer your vehicle by tilting your controller left or right, and alter its in-air pitch by rolling it towards or away from you. We found a really unusual range of players enjoyed using it on MotorStorm 1 – consider spending more time with it and you might find it suits you better.

YES!

Also, people are extremely enthusiastic about the game in that thread. Things are looking good again - game was way too de-hyped online I think ;).

Back