MTX of Dragon Dogma 2 *spawn*

It can't even reset your race or "body type" (i.e. male or female).
Dammit!..

I though it can change male/female.

I chose male because I though this premium item that also can be acquired by playing, allows changing everything including male/female....

Ugh.. I need to rely on save editor or mods then...

---

I usually chose to play as a character that's different to me. Thus usually I select female.

But in DD2, I selected male lion (as obviously, in not a lion IRL) to try, thinking I can safely change everything later.

Now if Capcom then release MTX exclusive "super item" that can change everything... I wonder the backlash

That item is for changing your looks. It does not reset your save. It can't even reset your race or "body type" (i.e. male or female).
The whole MTX debacle is so pathetic because there are so many misinformation throwing around. Those game media are either incompetent or malicious, I don't know which is worse.
I only see this in the Capcom status given on March 22. I'm just referring to the inability to start a new game.

To all Dragon's Dogma 2 players

We would like to update you on the status of the following items, about which we have received numerous comments from the community. To all those looking forward to this game, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.
■The option of starting a new game
We are looking at adding a feature to the Steam version of the game that will allow players that are already playing to restart the game. We will announce more details as soon as we can.

Dragon’s Dogma 2 is finally here, and while many are enjoying the experience, there have been some complaints, leading to a bit of a mini-backlash against the game. One of the issues that’s brought up in a lot of negative reviews on Steam and elsewhere are microtransactions tied to items that provide quality-of-life features like being able to re-edit your character, place warp makers, and more. Now, most of these things can be earned via regular play in-game, but getting them is just difficult enough that some may be enticed to pay real money for them.
Well, much like with DLSS 3 implementation, on PC modders are stepping in to “fix” Dragon’s Dogma 2’s microtransaction problem. One mod, “Crazy’s Shop” adds a new shop to the early-game town Vernworth which offers all the items Capcom is trying to sell for real money in one handy location. Meanwhile, “Early n' Cheap Art of Metamorphosis” does exactly what it says, making the item needed to edit characters accessible for cheap early in the game (thanks to Eurogamer for surfacing these).

Last edited:
That item is for changing your looks. It does not reset your save. It can't even reset your race or "body type" (i.e. male or female).
The whole MTX debacle is so pathetic because there are so many misinformation throwing around. Those game media are either incompetent or malicious, I don't know which is worse.

I guess it doesn't (reset your gender or sex) but the one (The Mask of the Shapeshifter) that comes with the BG3 Deluxe Ed does. I just don't remember anyone complaining about it. LOL

I only see this in the Capcom status given on March 22. I'm just referring to the inability to start a new game.

The point is that the lack of this function has nothing to do with microtransaction. Capcom does not require players to buy something just to reset their game.

The whole microtransaction thing is, just as I said in my first post on this, nothing. This game was not designed with microtransaction in mind, at least from what I've seen. Yet, some game media trying to start some sort of "controversy" when there's really none. Isn't it game reviewer's job to tell people these kinds of details of a game? Articles about the so-called "surprise" or "stealthy" microtransactions are just either incomptetent or malicious. Then people are complaining about the game must been designed so there's no fast traveling because Capcom are selling "fast travel", yet the it's only a portcrystal (something to mark a location to transport to, which again are available in game), and there's only one in the store. Yes, you can only buy at most one, when you can get many just by playing the game. How's that a good business model?

Obviously, it's fine a game media criticizes microtransactions, as long as they are based on facts. They could talk about how this undermines the trust between game developers and players. That's completely reasonable. If they are good, they can even point out what part of the game they think are actually influenced by the decision to add microtransactions. But unfortunately most of them are not like this. They just made some cheap shots trying to stur up some controversy and maybe generate clicks. They succeeded, at the cost of integrity (if they had any, of course).

I don't blame ordinary people to fall for these. They are just victims of this "misinformation campaign." I mean, this game has a quite some problems of its own (though IMHO suprising few for an open world game). Poor frame consistency is a major one. Microtransaction is probably the most insignificant "problem" of this game. Yet now we have to spawn an entire thread talking about this.

To me, the whole debacle is just that I have lost the last remaining respect to some game media (not that I have much remaining before anyway).

Back