Motorstorm 2

This may not be entirely on topic, but I really miss the Test-Drive and Need for Speed games in their older forms. It's just so much more fun, driving on alpine passes, through cities with the occasional traffic etc. I'm not even into the whole police chasing stuff that came in the later games, but just the landscapes and amazing roads are missing. I guess Burnout has that market, but there, it's more about crashing, boosting and the arcady gameplay on top of it...

I have the exact same thing ... That said, Test Drive tracks weren't all that interesting if you look at them in retrospective. But back then, it was really cool. And I loved the detail in that bits of the cockpit including the speedometer were replicated according to the actual car model.

Loved Need for Speed also just like you, Hot Pursuit and the one before that, already played it with the wheel back then and I remember at one point just going for a drive trying to stick to 80 and keep within the proper lane. :D

For Gran Turismo (and a few other games) these days the next best thing (maybe even better though) is the Ring ... 22 km of what is actually almost just a regular road through a lovely hilly countryside. Love it. But definitely would appreciate more like that for sure. Maybe they can put in some real rally tracks this time, that could fit the bill to some extent.

Probably they stuffed it with the DLC/Expansion that they are going to release. seem to remember its how they done it in the past.

While it may be in there, I just bought the speed expansion pack and it's still a 583MB download!

I didn't notice the launch-from-home bit earlier that patsu pointed out ... anyone care to try this out with me?

AAaaaaaaaaaahhh ! I'm in the office now. My MS 2 disc is at home.
Try it another day this weekend (It's a holiday weekend ^_^).

I saw you in Home this morning and went in to look for you. Then I realize you were in Euro Home and weren't in your apartment (Damn the separation !).

True. But then just invite me over to your apartment. ;) Or tell me, so I can log in using my U.S. account (Charley123)

By the way, I'm fairly sure that Motorstorm 2 doesn't support Home launching just yet. Maybe they made a mistake, but right now it doesn't work. I've tested Far Cry 2 and when I put that in while in Home, it immediately prompted me to start Game Launching. I also learnt something nice about game launching - you can set up the game and then close the setup window and continue chatting or whatever until the room fills up. The game you set up and the number of players in the room is right above your head, very convenient.

So, anyone have Far Cry 2 then? :D

I also learnt something nice about game launching - you can set up the game and then close the setup window and continue chatting or whatever until the room fills up. The game you set up and the number of players in the room is right above your head, very convenient.

Yap ^_^ !

I think they can continue to improve it too (e.g., Saving party setup to HDD for future recall, telling people outside Home to join them, etc)

The Adrenaline expansion pack is out on US PSN today: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...cks-with-the-speed-and-adrenaline-expansions/

we’ve got 2 massive new packs lining up on the start grid, in the shape of ‘Expansion: Speed’ and ‘Expansion: Adrenaline’. For most players, the biggest news with these packs is all those new tracks, of course! New tracks for the game is always on every player’s wishlist in the number one spot, and our track designers have been working non-stop since the completion of Pacific Rift last year on a whole clutch of fantastic new tracks. MotorStorm has always been critically lauded for its great track designs, and these new ones have all been designed by the same team who crafted Pacific Rift’s 16 original tracks, so they have a top-tier pedigree!
In each of the new expansions there are 3 brand new tracks, playable in all online modes, and offline in Time Attack, Free Play, and Split Screen. Let’s take in the holiday brochure descriptions of the new locations, pack by pack.

Looks like the Speed pack will come later. Finally found my copy of MS2. It's with my friend down in Cupertino.

$9.99 each is a bit much. I would have paid for it if both were combined for $9.99. No offline modes for trophies either.

Back