MTX of Dragon Dogma 2 *spawn*

"Capcom seemingly added a series of gameplay-affecting microtransactions after the game's reviews were published yesterday." 😲 :sick:
Its almost the same mtx as the original DD, so they are true to their vision, it seems lol

"Capcom seemingly added a series of gameplay-affecting microtransactions after the game's reviews were published yesterday." 😲 :sick:

Most of these are included in the deluxe version and was public before game release, so I don't think it's a big deal.

I ran it on my older computer at my parents' house, the 5800X + 3080 Ti one, at 1080p resolution, the frame rate is in the upper 30 range.
There's another small problem: the settings are also in the cloud and synced to my older computer. I understand why they want to do that as some settings should be synced (e.g. key mapping) but graphics settings should not be synced.

Last edited:
So why sell them? Presumably they are available in game with a balanced economy that has a certain amount of investment to obtain them, giving them in-game value and importance. Making them available for $2 circumvents this balance. You can just buy your way out of gaol! If the argument is 'these are accelerators for people who can't spend the full time needed for the game as intended', why are these people being taxed? Why not provide the content in game with various options to balance?

Either a game should be made with MTs (and be up front about it), or not. You can't have it both ways.

Most of these are included in the deluxe version and was public before game release, so I don't think it's a big deal.

I ran it on my older computer at my parents' house, the 5800X + 3080 Ti one, at 1080p resolution, the frame rate is in the upper 30 range.
There's another small problem: the settings are also in the cloud and synced to my older computer. I understand why they want to do that as some settings should be synced (e.g. key mapping) but graphics settings should not be synced.

Uh... Seems I'm lucky.

I reach 40-60 FPS (I capped it to 60) with RT at 4k with dlss auto, on rtx 3070 5600.

I let the game have around 1GB free vram to breath tho, by setting texture quality to 1GB.

Capcom did this too for Dragon's Dogma 1 and for most, if not all games they release. DMC5, Monster Hunter, RE Village etc have MTX too. While I don't think MTX should exist at all, specially for single player games, why the outrage now, for this particular game?

So why sell them? Presumably they are available in game with a balanced economy that has a certain amount of investment to obtain them, giving them in-game value and importance. Making them available for $2 circumvents this balance. You can just buy your way out of gaol! If the argument is 'these are accelerators for people who can't spend the full time needed for the game as intended', why are these people being taxed? Why not provide the content in game with various options to balance?

Either a game should be made with MTs (and be up front about it), or not. You can't have it both ways.

Well, since this is a single player game and as long as they don't balance the game toward nudging people to buy these items, I'm fine with it.
I don't know how hard it is to get some of these items (or if they are even obtainable in game), but some of the items seem to be not that hard to obtain. For example, the wakestone thing can be obtained by combining three shards, where one can find in the world or by completing a support pawn's quest. I only played for a few hours and I already got one stone. The extra equipments provided in the deluxe version are nice but not exceptional. Other items can be bought in early game with gold (e.g. the explorer's camping kit), and they are not that expensive.

And I believe they said the items in the deluxe version "may be purchased separately" or something like that before release. I remembered reading that because I bought the deluxe version. It's not that it's something happened suddenly or they are trying to do it stealthly.

MTX isn't paid DLC. Paid DLC is expansions and cosmetics, not in-game consumables.
Capcom did this too for Dragon's Dogma 1
Did they? I don't remember retroactively added MTCs and the DLC was cosmetics, not consumables. $2 got you a bunch of hairstyles or voices, not one-shot potions and spells.

MTX isn't paid DLC. Paid DLC is expansions and cosmetics, not in-game consumables.

Did they? I don't remember retroactively added MTCs and the DLC was cosmetics, not consumables. $2 got you a bunch of hairstyles or voices, not one-shot potions and spells.

I don't see any of that sorts of items in the MTX though. Everything except the metamorphosis thing (change your look) can be obtained relatively easily in game, and except RC they don't really affect game balance.
RC allows one to hire high level pawns but again RC is not something that's very hard to obtain.

I don't see any of that sorts of items in the MTX though. Everything except the metamorphosis thing (change your look) can be obtained relatively easily in game,
They are still in game consumables
and except RC they don't really affect game balance.
Then why bother putting them in? If they are useless, who would spend money on them? If people are spending money on them, what's the reason?

Ok, so according to you, are the reviewers lying? Capcom is calling them DLC in their guidelines.

Maybe I am not remembering correctly about DD1, but not on the other games. Why are you singling it out instead of seeing that its standard issue for Capcom?

People spend money on them because they can or they want to. What does it matter if most people find them useless? Cosmetics are in essence "useless".

They told reviewers about the MTX beforehand too.
Well this a big failure on reviewers then, cuz almost none of them talked about it, despite being informed of it.

Either way, and even if people didn't get the same level of upset over games like RE4 having similar MTX's, I'm perfectly good with this getting more traction. I hate this kind of thing and it shouldn't be excused just cuz other games also did it.

The fast travel stones MTX were one use. At least IIRC on DD1 on Xbox 360

Well this a big failure on reviewers then, cuz almost none of them talked about it, despite being informed of it.

Either way, and even if people didn't get the same level of upset over games like RE4 having similar MTX's, I'm perfectly good with this getting more traction. I hate this kind of thing and it shouldn't be excused just cuz other games also did it.
My question is, why does it matter to anyone if little Elon wants to spend 2 bucks to speed up the grind on his single player game? Everything is easily obtainable on the game, if the game felt like it was purposedly unbalanced to make people buy the items, I'd agree with the outcry, but it doesn't feel like that according to everybody who has actually played it.

I agree that the MTXs shouldn't be there, for me, they serve no purpose. BUT, they outcry and amount of misinformation is totally nuts.

My question is, why does it matter to anyone if little Elon wants to spend 2 bucks to speed up the grind on his single player game? Everything is easily obtainable on the game, if the game felt like it was purposedly unbalanced to make people buy the items, I'd agree with the outcry, but it doesn't feel like that according to everybody who has actually played it.

I agree that the MTXs shouldn't be there, for me, they serve no purpose. BUT, they outcry and amount of misinformation is totally nuts.
It's not at all true that all this is all 'easily obtainable in the game', though. Which changes a lot.

And there are plenty of people who dont like the super limited fast travel in DD2, which makes Capcom selling paid 'fast travel' feel like they knowingly took advantage of things to get money from people who dont like this part of the game. That's terrible. We used to just have like cheat codes and things for this. And that's basically what they're doing - selling us cheat codes.

It's (for now) still a free market. If you don't like something, don't buy it.

For me, I'm passing on this kludge of a game with poor console performance and inflated review scores.

Back