Microsoft XBOX (XBox One X / Project Scorpio) - Prerelease News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
How you feeling about that bet Dsoup?

scorpio version

Gaf is muckraking 60 FPS on Scorpio nonsense but, not gonna happen. 30 FPS slightly best looking console version
dooo ittt DSoup!!!
hahahaha yes I want to see this happen, E3 sunday will be extra exciting

It's a gaming console. MS took a bunch of flak for concentrating too much on the Xbox one's multimedia functionality, so I doubt that gamers will be all that more enticed by turning the Xbox into and marketing it as what could be readily described as a desktop version of a surface RT like tablet.

UWP's job is too make life easier for devs whose app has an audience across different MS platforms. Not as a trojan horse to turn the Xbox into a PC or vice versa.
despite being daydreaming about it being an hybrid, I think it is never going to happen. However, there is interesting news regarding the PC space and the next Xbox.
Xbox is set to appear at the PC Gaming Show and has some big thing to share. Apparently they want to share something with PC players.

http://www.t3.com/news/xbox-and-more-join-the-pc-gaming-show-at-e3-2017

"PC gaming is a huge part of our gaming ecosystem – across Windows, Beam, and Xbox," said Mike Nichols, Corporate Vice President of Xbox Marketing at Microsoft. "The PC Gaming Show is the perfect place for us to talk about what's next from Xbox for PC gamers."

despite being daydreaming about it being an hybrid, I think it is never going to happen. However, there is interesting news regarding the PC space and the next Xbox.
Xbox is set to appear at the PC Gaming Show and has some big thing to share. Apparently they want to share something with PC players.

http://www.t3.com/news/xbox-and-more-join-the-pc-gaming-show-at-e3-2017

"PC gaming is a huge part of our gaming ecosystem – across Windows, Beam, and Xbox," said Mike Nichols, Corporate Vice President of Xbox Marketing at Microsoft. "The PC Gaming Show is the perfect place for us to talk about what's next from Xbox for PC gamers."

I really think MS is going to hard into pc gaming. They see what valve makes and they know they can get people who have no interest in xbox to buy pc games from them

They'll talk about Scorpio within the first 5 minutes. That seems a good way to put it.

This is the wager as proposed by Rangers. This is the wager I'm betting on. And to be clear, this doesn't include references to anything ambiguous like 'the future of Xbox' or 'announcements later in the conference'. They start talking specifically about Scorpio.

$5 Donations to B3D?

I thought this was our default wagering? lol!

My last wager was for a full priced Steam game but there was no decisive winner. But I like your altruistic suggestion of donating to Beyond3D but we can surely do better than $5. How about $20 dollars? Because you and Rangers are spot on and have nothing to lose, right? But I'll be more generous, I'll take this bet from up to five people so I lose I'll make a maximum $100 contribution toward Beyond3D if I'm wrong.

Who is up for this? Who is willing to put their money where their mouth is? It's only twenty bucks.

How you feeling about that bet Dsoup?

Nope. Don't know or care about Destiny or the sequel. Wager's are for settling differing predictions, I have none for Destiny.

I believe Scorpio will have a very large presence in their conference, but first 5 minutes is very risky. They can easily start with games montage and talk about some history stuff etc. 5 minutes can go quickly. These things go for what 90 minutes?

I'll bet 10 donation to B3D. But i have to fully agree I "lost" if it comes to that...no gray areas.

But dude...no way you're winning, are you crazy? You're just giving away money.

My last wager was for a full priced Steam game but there was no decisive winner. But I like your altruistic suggestion of donating to Beyond3D but we can surely do better than $5. How about $20 dollars? Because you and Rangers are spot on and have nothing to lose, right? But I'll be more generous, I'll take this bet from up to five people so I lose I'll make a maximum $100 contribution toward Beyond3D if I'm wrong.
You have my backing as B3D staff - it's the only way we have to fund our Christmas do!

I'll bet 10 donation to B3D. But i have to fully agree I "lost" if it comes to that...no gray areas.

But dude...no way you're winning, are you crazy? You're just giving away money.
If people want to do this properly, it needs a proper thread for tracking who's betting what and independent ratification of the outcome. I'm thinking a poll with public Yes/No vote and wagers placed as posts in the thread. Opening post might be "I bet xxx that so-and-so," with 'so-and-so' expressed as a binary possibility with timeframe. Replies will be "I bet xxx against". At conclusion there'll be poll results showing who said what as well as the post records.

In this case, DSoup would open with "I wager $100 that Scorpio will not be revealed within the first 5 minutes of the E3 on (whatever date) where 'reveal' means presented as the current topic of the presentation with hardware and software talk and a game showreel. Teasers do not count as a reveal."

Where this is ambiguous, independent considerations will come into play. You may want to agree upon a trusted party. That's for stuff like, what if they keep dropping clues and hints and image fragments from the very beginning? Does that count as a reveal? If your terms don't cover it, it could always be nullified. Most importantly, keep it in good spirits! Where there's no cut-and-dried outcome, it's better not to argue.

Maybe the poll's not necessary, as some people could on different outcomes fairly enough. Someone might think 5 minutes is far too short and if Scorpio is revealed on the 6th minute, in spirit their 'early reveal' would win even if DSoup's technical bet won. So maybe others would prefer to express different parameters?

Anyway, create a thread for it specifically where you can discuss until you're happy.

They have been active in the pc space for a while now. So I would be surprised if they wasn't there.
I expect that they will talk about xbox the service, maybe clubs, LFG and arenas(tournaments) is going to also be rolled out to pc?
Also in the same ecosystem as X1.

Alienate the Xbox user base? Every Xbox community I've visited, Scorpio is the main conversation, nobody is upset they bought an S model with Scorpio coming out. Everybody is super stoked to see Scorpio, find out what it looks like, how much it costs, when they'll be able to buy one, etc.

The entire Xbox community is dying for Scorpio, even those that won't be purchasing it for a year or two. If they don't lead with the Scorpio reveal, nobody is going to be paying attention to what is going on because that would be the elephant in the room. I think roboto has it perfectly right. They show off Scorpio, launch date, price, and then they show off the games. Actually, knowing MS, they'll probably lead the conference with Bleem or Belch or whatever their streaming service is, won't mention the Scorpio at all, and spend the rest of the time making jokes nobody thinks is funny.
Agreed. This is just Sony kool aid basically because Scorpio hype has reached fever levels all over the Internet. Hell, ms gave the original Xbox one four years, unlike Sony that rushed the pro, so if anything else its Sony fans who should be alienated but instead they are dreaming a ps5 in....2018( only two years after the pro!!!) , that's how much Scorpio hurts them on the inside.

Scorpio is a reboot for the Xbox department and will be prevelant in everything Xbox related at e3 . I don't think I have seen so much hype for a ms console before.

Scorpio is a reboot for the Xbox department
My personal view on this is that the x1s is the reboot, Scorpio is just a continuation.

MS knows (and has said) the x1s will be their bigger seller. So it's just as important to get their budget device right in the consumers eyes.

I'm not saying that I think that showing of Scorpio will alienate the x1 owners though, just saying the x1s is the reboot.

They need to still show that games are playing well and looking good on x1, and amazing on Scorpio.

I'm just dubious about the hdr / vr / 4k stage issue, as in they don't show well on it! Especially for a big venue.

Agreed. This is just Sony kool aid basically because Scorpio hype has reached fever levels all over the Internet. Hell, ms gave the original Xbox one four years, unlike Sony that rushed the pro, so if anything else its Sony fans who should be alienated but instead they are dreaming a ps5 in....2018( only two years after the pro!!!) , that's how much Scorpio hurts them on the inside.
This is an extremely low-brow fanboy nonsense post about console wars. It doesn't belong in Beyond3D.

Scorpio is a reboot for the Xbox department and will be prevelant in everything Xbox related at e3 . I don't think I have seen so much hype for a ms console before.
Personally I was far more aware of XB360 and XB1. As next-gen console, they were getting loads of coverage. Scorpio to me seems more muted than these, but I don't venture that far into the Interwebs to get a wider sense of coverage.

What's the point of this wager when Phil Spencer had already said a few weeks ago that they will do Scorpio first early the week and then the games? I'm not sure what else you think happens here?

What's the point of this wager when Phil Spencer had already said a few weeks ago that they will do Scorpio first early the week and then the games? I'm not sure what else you think happens here?
Your going to have to provide a quote for that.
Maybe everyone else interpreted what was said differently?

It's been having it's pre-reveal with DF & gamesutra, but didn't hear about this reveal earlier on the e3 conference week.
I know he didn't want to spend too much time on Scorpio hardware at e3 hence pre reveals...

A few weeks ago he was on a podcast with the XBox IGN crowd where they discussed E3 and pre reveal. That was before the DF release.

A few weeks ago he was on a podcast with the XBox IGN crowd where they discussed E3 and pre reveal. That was before the DF release.
Oh if that's where you got it from, then I interpreted it a lot different than you did.
Also at the time if I remember correctly, he said he was unsure if there was going to be a reveal prior or not, then they gave DF etc access.

Who is up for this? Who is willing to put their money where their mouth is? It's only twenty bucks.
Since it was my idea, I will agree to this:
E3 Console Wager Thread

Though I don't think you should be a house. It should just be B3D as being house, and we're just betting to not lose. 5x the number of people bidding against you doesn't seem fair to you, we're supposed to make it interesting and fun and not soured.

Phil did say something on the IGN podcast about how he didn't think they had time to cram all the games and Scorpio at E3 conference. However, how long does it really take to do a form factor and price reveal? DF got the specs out of the way.

Honesty Phil is on crack because you can show a specs slide in 2 seconds too, and the presser is 1.5 hours. Unless he meant a tech deep dive.

Phil did say something on the IGN podcast about how he didn't think they had time to cram all the games and Scorpio at E3 conference. However, how long does it really take to do a form factor and price reveal? DF got the specs out of the way.

Honesty Phil is on crack because you can show a specs slide in 2 seconds too, and the presser is 1.5 hours. Unless he meant a tech deep dive.
that was the point of DF, to get a lot of that out of the way.
so little tech talk, new gen usually has dedicated show, a slim just gets shown as part of e3, mid gen kinda falls in the middle of both.
slide with details, he says power every other sentence while showing couple games and saying every bc, x1, multi plat will look and play better, revealing how it looks then price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back