Microsoft XBOX (XBox One X / Project Scorpio) - Prerelease News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
another sign that MS want to transform Scorpio into some kind of PC, or is it just me?

MS @ Build - Full keyboard support coming for XB1; Full mouse support to follow

Apple is bringing iTunes to the Windows Store

ituneswindowsstore.1494520785.png

another sign that MS want to transform Scorpio into some kind of PC, or is it just me?

MS @ Build - Full keyboard support coming for XB1; Full mouse support to follow
I'm assuming you mean x1 not Scorpio specifically.

is this different than what they've said in the past about bringing KB/M to x1?
how is this making it into "some kind of pc" in the way I'm guessing you mean? Isn't it just another control method that dev can choose to allow?

if anything I'm surprised it's taking so long, especially as they said in the past the intention to do so before Scorpio was even announced from what i remember.

Well, the console can already run self published apps, and with keyboard and mouse support it could even be a light PC of the store picks up.

Enviado de meu SM-G610M usando Tapatalk

I'm assuming you mean x1 not Scorpio specifically.

is this different than what they've said in the past about bringing KB/M to x1?
how is this making it into "some kind of pc" in the way I'm guessing you mean? Isn't it just another control method that dev can choose to allow?

if anything I'm surprised it's taking so long, especially as they said in the past the intention to do so before Scorpio was even announced from what i remember.
not different at all but as you mention Phil Spencer talked about that time ago and never seemed to come into fruition.

In regards to your question, well... maybe I got carried away for my desire for Scorpio to be a hybrid, but this brings Xbox closer to a PC, more than play anywhere, although I got a PC because I am not sure that is going to ever happen.

From what I read about the keyboard/mouse news, it was specifically for the new Creators Program.

Tommy McClain

It's not a sign. iTunes coming to Windows Store is a windows thing, with no indicators for Scorpio at all. If the announcement confirmed it works on XB, you could consider it a sign.

No, somebody taking advantage of Scorpio popularity.

It is a nice true wireless headset for Xbox. Don't think it's the first, but could be wrong.

Tommy McClain
a guy in my friends list wants something like that but more of a mic than a headset, something small, because he has a very good sound system connected to the Xbox One. He would like to have something like this for Scorpio, and we are talking about a piece of hardware from the X360 days, Xbox One has nothing like this.

image-12300.jpg

Does anyone know if Xbox One's stock headset with mic works on the PC?

I use a Beyerdynamics T90 which is a quality headphone you can wear as long as you want and use a simple 10Euro Zalman Mic clipped to the cable. Superb pinpoint audio location and comfortable.

This combination works for 4 years now and only had to replace a cheap splitter cable in the first few weeks. IMHO a real quality headphone is a far better investment than these gaming headsets.

Maybe @Cyan means in the same way the new Surface is "some kind of pc" with W10 S? PC-like functions but a totally walled system that only allows windows store apps?

Interesting, it looks like the Xbox E3 conference is going to be 2pm (PST) on Sunday. Won't have to watch it with my door closed on Monday! :)

Are we all expecting a Scorpio reveal, release date and pricing from E3? We are.... right?

Interesting, it looks like the Xbox E3 conference is going to be 2pm (PST) on Sunday. Won't have to watch it with my door closed on Monday! :)

Are we all expecting a Scorpio reveal, release date and pricing from E3? We are.... right?
Pretty positive it will be at the start of the show. That way they can follow up with games all shown with Scorpio mode.

I reckon it will go something like this:
"Last year at E3, we announced our most ambitious project, the most powerful console in existence, project Scorpio.
Edit: queue CG video of Scorpio completed
Queue building of Scorpio
More developer talking heads
Epic music from epic music YouTube in all of them.

Phil returns to stage, device in hand.
This "blah" releasing xxx at this price and later again with more SKUs at this price.

Now let's get to the games.

Maybe @Cyan means in the same way the new Surface is "some kind of pc" with W10 S? PC-like functions but a totally walled system that only allows windows store apps?

It's a gaming console. MS took a bunch of flak for concentrating too much on the Xbox one's multimedia functionality, so I doubt that gamers will be all that more enticed by turning the Xbox into and marketing it as what could be readily described as a desktop version of a surface RT like tablet.

UWP's job is too make life easier for devs whose app has an audience across different MS platforms. Not as a trojan horse to turn the Xbox into a PC or vice versa.

I think if they were to just market the box as a game console, but then introduced apps in a more sophisticated way, no one would really complain. As long as they talk gaming first, no one will be upset that there are suddenly other things they can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back