• Last 15 minutes

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

iroboto

Daft Funk
Legend
Supporter
For all things wager related!
You are wagering for the loser of the wager to donate to the house, which is B3D!
All wagers are in USD!

*reveal = to begin a dedicated sequence of time to discuss Scorpio in real detail.
* where 'reveal' means presented as the current topic of the presentation with hardware and software talk. Teasers do not count as a reveal.

-- Note I omitted gameshow reel for these bets, I'm not sure if they they will run a gameshow reel or just show games with Scorpio variants after the reveal. I think they will talk about which games will be Scorpio ready, but i'm not sure if there will be a game reel. We may see the titles on the presentation, like the gamecovers or something. But not necessarily the 4K Scorpio enabled games being run in a trailer.

DSoup I will make 2 wagers that will total to $20 USD.
  1. $10 USD that Scorpio name, hardware and price is revealed in the first 5 minutes of the presentation
  2. $10 USD that Scorpio name, hardware and price is revealed in the first 15 minutes of the presentation

Possible outcomes:
  • 5 < x < 15 = $10 USD from iroboto to B3D + $10 USD from DSoup to B3D
  • x > 15 = $20 USD from iroboto to B3D
  • x < 5 = $20 USD from DSoup to B3D

Last edited:
You're mad!! :D

I'm pretty sure that the price will be revealed at the end. That's how things roll in new hardware presentations. Name first. Hardware show off. Price last.

Not getting into the bet just yet, just providing some basic thoughts on the matter... When I do decide to, I'm not going to bet against anyone but I am going to state what I think MS will do and give my ante up to B3D (the house) regardless of outcome.

But the MS show was moved up to Sunday when there is no competition overviewership and there's plenty of other days for MS to show and reveal other items. There's already so much known from a technical standpoint about the console that there's really no perceived benefit to me for them to keep it until the end.

You're mad!! :D

I'm pretty sure that the price will be revealed at the end. That's how things roll in new hardware presentations. Name first. Hardware show off. Price last.
;)
will need to skip to 39min to skip the IGN pre-show

Not getting into the bet just yet, just providing some basic thoughts on the matter... When I do decide to, I'm not going to bet against anyone but I am going to state what I think MS will do and give my ante up to B3D (the house) regardless of outcome.

But the MS show was moved up to Sunday when there is no competition overviewership and there's plenty of other days for MS to show and reveal other items. There's already so much known from a technical standpoint about the console that there's really no perceived benefit to me for them to keep it until the end.

Think about it though. I cannot remember any reveal (from iPhones to consoles) where they didn't leave the price reveal until the very end.

As long they're not announcing another system not Scorpio, them they could announce in the first 5 minutes. Last year they announced Xbox One S including price & availibity in less than 2 minutes.

Tommy McClain
would they have done that if Scorpio wasn't being announced though?
or would it have taken the Scorpio place in show?

would they have done that if Scorpio wasn't being announced though?
or would it have taken the Scorpio place in show?
Good point, but no way of knowing. I can see it going either way. Yeah I'm a chicken. LOL

Tommy McClain

I am with BRiT just against the house, well for the house either way but I will join Shiftys crazy ranks, I think there is a phrase or joke to be made about two pumps and a reveal.

I cannot see them saving it given its public, and I cannot see them passing up showing games and not saying "Also in native 4k on [insert Scorpio name]".

Anyhow 10$ regardless; pre 5 mins for fun.

I'm most interested in the before question.

I think it's possible that the reveal, date and price are all "leaked" prior the start of the conference. I think this is more likely if they do hold all those things to the end of the conference itself. Who wins in that case?

Back