Microsoft XBOX (XBox One X / Project Scorpio) - Prerelease News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea, to be clear I don't think there's anything wrong with hardware or software.

I find it interesting that they don't won't to risk DF not being able to put things into perspective, and communicate it well enough that their willing to change their plans, although I'm not sure they had any idea apart from E3, what their plans were.
so I think this could workout well for them. And us

depends on the cpu doesn't it. A 2.6ghz 8 core 16 thread zen should be a lot more powerful than a 1.75ghz 8 core jaguar

Eh? Are you suggesting MS may use a CPU 4x more powerful? I'm confused.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/03...oud-enables-truly-massive-destructible-world/

So it looks like the local machine in the demo is equivalent to a Scorpio type spec, so no I don't think it will play offline on Scorpio (unless it's really badly gimped so certainly not 4k!)

@ProspectorPete , you don't think it's a good thing for a company to step in and stop possibly negative tones in rumors?

It's not about the specs, it's about the relative performance and that's likely why MS stepped in to control the message. You don't think there's any possible way for there to be runs of 3rd party games where the XBX currently doesn't significantly outperform 4Pro?

I expect Scorpio to outperform PS4 Pro in every multiplatform title yes.

Relative performance is either 30% slower, or 43% faster.
When MS stepped in last time, it was not pretty at all. Remember "Technical fellows" "we invented direct X" "Sony always misrepresented their performance, expect us to be faster" "we can add up bandwidth numbers to confuse our audience" "GDDR5 is bad for processors" "we have the best balance, that is what performance is all about: balance" and so on. Remember that?
I remember, because I was on the front row, eating up all that bullshit. They convinced me to get an Xbox One. I expect them to do the same this time.

To quote the late president George W. Bush "Fool me once... you can never fool me again"

When MS stepped in last time, it was not pretty at all. Remember "Technical fellows" "we invented direct X" "Sony always misrepresented their performance, expect us to be faster" "we can add up bandwidth numbers to confuse our audience" "GDDR5 is bad for processors" "we have the best balance, that is what performance is all about: balance" and so on. Remember that?
I remember, because I was on the front row, eating up all that bullshit. They convinced me to get an Xbox One. I expect them to do the same this time.

To quote the late president George W. Bush "Fool me once... you can never fool me again"

A reverse of the current situ, the odd exception will slip though and some will be (almost if not) identical.

Last edited:
Well show me one MMO game that looks eye meltingly good

Black Desert Online

black-desert-online.jpg

At least now it's clear where all your resentment comes from. The only problem is, pretty much everything you've said seems to be issues with you and your interpretation not with what they've said.
Simple example is they said that you won't be able to see a 30% difference, a lot of people would agree that they can't see that high a percentage difference, then you got people that say they can. Obviously your one of the people that can.

Or you can take something that's not subjective like adding up the bandwidth "to confuse" the audience.
The fact is it's the peak bandwidth. The same way Sony gives the peak bandwidth, they don't say well if cpu is accessing gddr5 at the same time bandwidth to gpu drops by about 20% (or whatever it is).
Sony doesn't give you the break down of the bandwidth for cpu & gpu, MS gives the combined value.
It's neither wrong or right to add the bandwidth together in this circumstance.

MS made a crap load of mistakes, it just so happens all the ones you seem to have chosen wasn't any of them.
You took a lot of what they said in the deep dive and projected it to them talking about Sony, when they was talking about their own device and the decisions they made for their own device.

You seem to have a lot of baggage.

The only problem is, pretty much everything you've said seems to be issues with you and your interpretation not with what they've said.

[...]

You took a lot of what they said in the deep dive and projected it to them talking about Sony, when they was talking about their own device and the decisions they made for their own device.

Yeah, about that:

"I’m not dismissing raw performance. I’m stating – as I have stated from the beginning – that the performance delta between the two platforms is not as great as the raw numbers lead the average consumer to believe. There are things about our system architecture not fully understood, and there are things about theirs as well, that bring the two systems into balance.

People DO understand that Microsoft has some of the smartest graphics programmers IN THE WORLD. We CREATED DirectX, the standard API’s that everyone programs against. So while people laude Sony for their HW skills, do you really think we don’t know how to build a system optimized for maximizing graphics for programmers? Seriously? There is no way we’re giving up a 30%+ advantage to Sony. And ANYONE who has seen both systems running could say there are great looking games on both systems. If there was really huge performance difference – it would be obvious.

I get a ton of hate for saying this – but it’s been the same EVERY generation. Sony claims more power, they did it with Cell, they did it with Emotion Engine, and they are doing it again. And, in the end, games on our system looked the same or better.

I’m not saying they haven’t built a good system – I’m merely saying that anyone who wants to die on their sword over this 30%+ power advantage are going to be fighting an uphill battle over the next 10 years…"

To add a positive note, this is what an Xbox exclusive developer had to say:

Scorpio is a next-gen machine with the added benefit that all your old games will still be compatible. From this point on, similar to PCs, you'll not lose your library when you buy a next-gen system. I guess since NeoGAF is confsued, Microsoft will need to do a little work to make it clear to everyone that Scorpio isn't just a half-assed upgrade (which the PS4 Pro kinda is...), but a full blown next-gen machine that's just backwards-compatible to your current library.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228989509&postcount=358

Going by that, Zen is pretty much a given.

Let's hope that MS decided to step in, in fear of digital foundry writing something like
As for the CPU, it's a 2.0 Ghz 8 core Zen, which is a bit disappointing as PS4 Pro uses a 2.1 Ghz processor. As it stands Xbox Scorpio is a full 100mhz slower
:p

Of course digital foundry would not propose something like that, but let's hope for the best anyway !

Scorpio without Zen could probably still be powerful enough to do PS5 games at like 900p-1080p.
lol we got 0 rumours or info on PS5 specs how could you come up with something like that? I also expect MS to have new hardware ready not long after PS5 release (2020/21?) now that MS officially stated that "they are done with console generations" I think we'll see a new Xbox every 3/4 years now and I'm not sure I like that because games will still be held back by old hardware. All these devs now need super scalable engines and yet the games will not look or feel like a next gen thing at least not in all aspects.
The way Scorpio is all unfolding is nothing short of amazing and entertaining lol.
Looking forward to some uncompressed news
I honestly wish them the best although i'm not sure how much I want to see traditional generations vanish. They could've had a decent 5/6 year cycle with the XB1 and release a beast next year or later

Last edited:
I get a ton of hate for saying this – but it’s been the same EVERY generation. Sony claims more power, they did it with Cell, they did it with Emotion Engine, and they are doing it again. And, in the end, games on our system looked the same or better.

I’m not saying they haven’t built a good system – I’m merely saying that anyone who wants to die on their sword over this 30%+ power advantage are going to be fighting an uphill battle over the next 10 years…"
Not going to say this wasn't bullshit. It was and is, especially in hindsight. If they owned up to the power difference and instead focused on building their platform there would be fewer bitter folks.

That being said, this was written at a time where MS was reaching very low, and shortly after this point began turning the ship around. I mean there was a lot of issues around their launch; quite frankly releasing an incomplete product probably really screwed the pooch for them there. Perhaps Kinect would still be alive if there was more planning and thought into how it would fit into the platform. Unfortunately, we'll never really know now.

this quote
People DO understand that Microsoft has some of the smartest graphics programmers IN THE WORLD. We CREATED DirectX, the standard API’s that everyone programs against. So while people laude Sony for their HW skills, do you really think we don’t know how to build a system optimized for maximizing graphics for programmers? Seriously? There is no way we’re giving up a 30%+ advantage to Sony.

There's some truth in there, I mean, they do work with the graphics makers to chart the course for where graphics are headed, whether that translated to a good product is another story. There are lessons learned in here I'm sure, and ideally those lessons learned will play out with Scorpio. Sony doesn't have such an advantage, and invariably MS should be working to exploit this difference in involvement with the graphics industry; failure to exploit might be the result of legality, or weird market pressures.

If you're responsible for charting which new features that are coming to the graphics world and trying to solve issues for graphical programmers, one would assume you'd tie your launches with those releases. tldr; MS is "somewhat" dealing Sony's hand when it comes to hardware selection. I guess it all comes down to which API has more influence over hardware features.

Last edited:
It still seems like it's ripe for abuse as "Xbox One S" and "Xbox One X" sounds an awful lot alike depending on who's saying it.

It still seems like it's ripe for abuse as "Xbox One S" and "Xbox One X" sounds an awful lot alike depending on who's saying it.
plus they need to get rid asap of the Xbox One name, it has a bad vibe around it -many don't want to touch it with a stick- so I hope the console is called Scorpio:

"Salesman: Hello. May I help you?
You: Yes, I want a Scorpio".

Sounds good.

On a different note, Scorpio reveal is pretty much confirmed but Forza 7 won't be shown:

http://segmentnext.com/2017/04/04/will-no-forza-motorsport-7-reveal-week-scorpio/

Possible list of 4K games for Scorpio:

Xbox Scorpio 4K Upgrade Games
*inoffiziell und nicht vollständig
Ace Combat 7
Agents of Mayhem
Ark: Survival Evolved
Assassin’s Creed: The Ezio Collection
Assetto Corsa
Batman: Return to Arkham
Below
Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
Cities: Skylines
Crackdown 3
Cuphead
Dead Rising 4
Destiny 2
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Diablo III
DiRT 4
Dishonored 2
Elite: Dangerous
EVERSPACE
F1 2017
FIFA 18
Final Fantasy XV
Forza Horizon 2
Forza Horizon 3
Forza Motorsport 5
Forza Motorsport 6
Forza Motorsport 7
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
Gears of War 4
Gigantic
Grand Theft Auto V
Gwent: The Witcher Card Game
Fallout 4
Halo 5: Guardians
Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
Halo Wars 2
Injustice 2
INSIDE
Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition
Hitman
Landwirtschafts-Simulator 17
Madden NFL 18
Mafia III
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Minecraft
Mittelerde: Schatten von Mordor
Mittelerde: Schatten des Krieges
NBA 2K17
NBA 2K18
Need for Speed 2017
NHL 18
Ori and the Blind Forest
Outlast 2
Path of Exile
Phantom Dust HD
Pit People
Pneuma: Breath of Life
Prey (2)
Project CARS
Project CARS 2
Quantum Break
ReCore
Red Dead Redemption 2
Resident Evil 7 Biohazard
Rocket League
RiME
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Rise & Shine
Ryse: Son of Rome
ScreamRide
Sea of Thieves
SMITE
Sniper Elite 4
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3
Sonic Mania
Sonic Forces
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Space Hulk: Deathwing
State of Decay 2
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Sunset Overdrive
Superhot
Tacoma
The Division
The Elder Scrolls Online
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
TEKKEN 7
Titanfall 2
The Witness
Vampyr
Vodoo Vince: Remastered
We Happy Few
WWE 2K18
World of Tanks
Yooka-Laylee

http://www.xboxdynasty.de/news/xbox...-spielen-die-ein-4k-upgrade-erhalten-koennten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back