Microsoft XBOX (XBox One X / Project Scorpio) - Prerelease News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I agree with this. Hopefully we get a real good info dump this week.
Signs are pointing towards getting something more tangible than we have been given in the past. Looking more like a continual trickle from now until reveal/E3.

Head of Xbox France says no reveal.
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/co...s_no_to_xbox_scorpio/?st=J1172HTA&sh=de7e4486
- shared from the Reddit app (https://reddit.app.link/3CsFK8W7iB)

But then. Ahh who am I kidding my French totally sucks now. There seems to be some vagueness and refers to a lost in translation. Someone kindly help ? Thanks.

Signs are pointing towards getting something more tangible than we have been given in the past. Looking more like a continual trickle from now until reveal/E3.

Head of Xbox France says no reveal.
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/co...s_no_to_xbox_scorpio/?st=J1172HTA&sh=de7e4486
- shared from the Reddit app (https://reddit.app.link/3CsFK8W7iB)

But then. Ahh who am I kidding my French totally sucks now. There seems to be some vagueness and refers to a lost in translation. Someone kindly help ? Thanks.

Well this all dependent on the view/definition of what a "reveal" is...

Machine translation:

Yes, I know what you're going to say ... April 1st was yesterday, and the rumor appeared as the jokes continued to fire on the web. Nevertheless, several serious sources indicate that an announcement, or even a "reveal" would be done next week regarding the next console of Microsoft ... One believes?

Call of Duty WW2 could be a launch title on Scorpio. Scorpio news this week includes a big Project Scorpio Call of Duty WW2 4K reveal.

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...-Scorpio-4K-Backwards-Compatibility-new-games

Our list comes from marketing materials that include titles Microsoft wants to use to exemplify Project Scorpio's six-teraflops (TF), True-4K capabilities."

Leaked-Call-of-Duty-WW2-video-screengrabs-228561.jpg

I'd expect a teaser like the PS4 back in the day, but I don't think it is going to happen. A CoD WWII reveal would carry us back in time to the launch day of the Xbox 360 and a great game like CoD 2 was.
I think its just Forza 7 for whatever this "reveal" is supposed to be...

OK just listening to the Xbox Central podcast that was recorded today: (Scorpio talk begins at 44:00)

Jez Corden basically says (without actually naming them) that Digital Foundry was about to leak specs/benchmarks for Scorpio that might been portrayed as "underpowered" since the SDK is not fully ready yet and Microsoft got word of it and stepped in and invited them to come have exclusive access to see/test Scorpio with Forza 7.

Smart move by Microsoft if true.

Also would explain how this came out of nowhere without any mention of press invites to an event...

You mean "since the SDK is NOT fully ready yet".

The way Scorpio is all unfolding is nothing short of amazing and entertaining lol.

Looking forward to some uncompressed news

smart thing by ms to do.
but....
the specs are the specs, either what DF had was right, partially right or wrong.
the sdk doesn't change that. If DF has heard developers are saying it's weaker due to sdk, that different. Also jez said that the sdk wasn't fully operational and there is a roll out plan, in which case devs would know that's the case also, so why would they say it's weaker?

i understand there's paper specs and how it performs in real world, but the specs are still the specs.

however it came about, glad hopefully finally getting something.

smart thing by ms to do.
but....
the specs are the specs, either what DF had was right, partially right or wrong.
the sdk doesn't change that. If DF has heard developers are saying it's weaker due to sdk, that different. Also jez said that the sdk wasn't fully operational and there is a roll out plan, in which case devs would know that's the case also, so why would they say it's weaker?

i understand there's paper specs and how it performs in real world, but the specs are still the specs.

however it came about, glad hopefully finally getting something.
Sounds like DF might have had some info related to benchmarks as well.

Yes, the SDK for it isn't fully baked. There is info indicating the current SDK is only hitting 70 - 80% of it's performance numbers, and the SDK revision timeline of hitting 100% of it's performance numbers is around June. It's likely due to debug code and drivers.

It's still great thing for MS to step in and get a handle on any possible leaks to keep a positive buzz on the system image.

I really don't think it's a great thing that they need to step in.
If 12GB, Zen, 6TF got leaked it would be amazing. So it's either not 12GB, not Zen, or not both.
70%-80% of performance numbers? 6TF was claimed, I don't believe for a second there is a benchmark or published performance numbers which say "currently 4.2TF-4.8TF" this has never been done, so a "70%-80%" number can never have been leaked IMO.

@ProspectorPete , you don't think it's a good thing for a company to step in and stop possibly negative tones in rumors?

It's not about the specs, it's about the relative performance and that's likely why MS stepped in to control the message. You don't think there's any possible way for there to be runs of 3rd party games where the XBX currently doesn't significantly outperform 4Pro?

I'm pretty sure there's no chance of that, wasn't there a demonstration showing how it took 4 meaty PCs from the cloud to complete the environment? So if it's 4k you'll still need the cloud - or did you mean 1080p with same destruction?
depends on the cpu doesn't it. A 2.6ghz 8 core 16 thread zen should be a lot more powerful than a 1.75ghz 8 core jaguar

@ProspectorPete , you don't think it's a good thing for a company to step in and stop possibly negative tones in rumors?

It's not about the specs, it's about the relative performance and that's likely why MS stepped in to control the message. You don't think there's any possible way for there to be runs of 3rd party games where the XBX currently doesn't significantly outperform 4Pro?
also it will take away from when they do announce. Think of it , the leaks happen and people debate on if they are real. If they match up with the announcement then all the hype is gone since everyone would have known all the specs ahead of time made up their minds for good or bad regarding them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back