MGS4 Trailer (3 new minutes)

Look at the ground and compare it to the FPS introduction of the last one.

Looks the same as in the 2006 E3 trailer , which is no surprise since this footage was edited out from it apparently

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea what the plot is, but you can tell instantaneously that there's some sort of war waging between whatever military force and a middle eastern coalition. Not necessarily America vs. Iraq, but the entire underlying premise seems a boatload more realistic than other games.
This is copied from what somebody else here said but how did Solid Snake fighting a cyborg ninja and taking out the leader of a clan of genetic supermen to stop them from using a giant railgun-equipped robot to cause mass chaos teach him anything about the futility of war?

Looks the same as in the 2006 E3 trailer , which is no surprise since this footage was edited out from it apparently
There's no faces and the ground looks different.

This is copied from what somebody else here said but how did Solid Snake fighting a cyborg ninja and taking out the leader of a clan of genetic supermen to stop them from using a giant railgun-equipped robot to cause mass chaos teach him anything about the futility of war?

No one here is talking about the "futility of war" nor do I see how it's relevent to my statement whatsoever. I was stating MGS4 retains a sense of realism by depicting war in it's most current theater: the middle east. Whereas most developers would steer clear of even the inkling of any involvement over there in order to stay PC. It goes without saying the premise of all MGS games are almost Sci Fi to the extreme, but even that poses no relevency to my comment.

No one here is talking about the "futility of war" nor do I see how it's relevent to my statement whatsoever. I was stating MGS4 retains a sense of realism by depicting war in it's most current theater: the middle east. Whereas most developers would steer clear of even the inkling of any involvement over there in order to stay PC.
That's a different factor. I'm wondering how does the story make sense in the end.

That's a different factor. I'm wondering how does the story make sense in the end.

Perhaps I'm not understanding your question or maybe you're overanalyzing me. But from what I gather, if you're asking about the story, these groups are privately funded military organizations, a rather popular theme for games nowadays, and Snake's involvement with them defies me.

Perhaps I'm not understanding your question or maybe you're overanalyzing me. But from what I gather, if you're asking about the story, these groups are privately funded military organizations, a rather popular theme for games nowadays, and Snake's involvement with them defies me.
Sorry then.

Huh ?

Faces ?

Okay take a look at the TGS trailer which you can get here

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/766613/PS3_Metal_Gear_Solid_4_HD_1080i_Extended_Trailer_15min_E3_2006

it's the same ground

why would the ground textures look any better or worse? They're almost definitely from the same build; i wouldn't be surprised if both vids could have been aired at the same time. Maybe Kojima held off on showing this clip at E3 to polish it up a bit (framerate) and throw it out for the Leipzig crowd.

Yeah, you might be right. I guess I was just hoping for something more exciting (read playable).

the next trailer should have mixed gameplay footage in it

and how was that not exiting ,for me this trailer certainly was a lot more exiting then the last two.

Last edited by a moderator:
no offence nintenho, but is there any games you don't nitpick on? lol
Ive seen you praise games on many accounts, but not before throwing in a iffy comment questioning the title. :lol"

the next trailer should have mixed gameplay footage in it
and how was that not exiting ,for me this trailer certainly was a lot more exiting then the last two.
yes but there was a thread saying that gameplay footage was confirmed and I stayed up late and everything.:devilish:
no offence nintenho, but is there any games you don't nitpick on? lol
Ive seen you praise games on many accounts, but not before throwing in a iffy comment questioning the title. :lol"
No, I nitpick everything. First of all it makes me seem impartial here on a forum and second of all I absolutely hate trailers of next-gen games because the quality and possible amount of BS greatly varies.

No, I nitpick everything. First of all it makes me seem impartial here on a forum and second of all I absolutely hate trailers of next-gen games because the quality and possible amount of BS greatly varies.
If you say so. :LOL:
sorry for bringing it up as it was OT, I just had to ask. :)

Back