MGS4 Trailer (3 new minutes)

Brutal street warfare! :oops: Hopefully real game AI interaction/animation/physics work like this.

Their downloads appear to be corrupt :( But from what I can tell from the streaming version, it is literally kick-ass (the Gekkos!).

Holy Mary this looks good... and not from just a pure visual point of view, it moves so well... the car driving over a mine and exploding just looked unbelievably realistic... the human characters also move really well, much better than most out there at the moment.

indeed london-boy. The framerate definately looks improved since e3 also. It's amazing what kojima and his team are doing.

The download cuts out after 2 mins playback, but it's another to show the animation looks unbelievable. Is this physics based animation and behavioural AI? I can't imagine they're getting this quality with anything other than motion captured and scripted events. If it moves that well in game it'll be the standard for all next-gen people animation!

http://1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3153076
According to Konami, game director Hideo Kojima couldn't be at the show in person because he's busy working on the game, but he said he looks forward to attending the Games Convention next year -- along with a playable version of the game. He also said that the final game will look just as good as this trailer when you are playing it. Enjoy.
I can't wait. :D

The download cuts out after 2 mins playback, but it's another to show the animation looks unbelievable. Is this physics based animation and behavioural AI? I can't imagine they're getting this quality with anything other than motion captured and scripted events. If it moves that well in game it'll be the standard for all next-gen people animation!

Yeah... it's unbelievable. The animation looks too good for me. I'm not an expert in computer graphics but it's just too life-like. I'm more inclined to believe that these are all scripted/mocap'ed. Some guys even bumped into each other when they scurried for position. That's so not AI.

I like the part where the Metal Gear kicked the truck. I like the sound. I also like the environment (not overly bloom, but looks very hot and dry like a desert should).

The lighting is also very nice. I'm still seeing better particle effects on the 360 though.

Thinking this is all reatime is kinda scary...

Pretty awesome stuff!!
The animation truly is on a league of it's own.
I see the particles being one of the most impressive in this trailer, the dust moves so realistically, faster at first when it "erupts" from impacts, and settling down slowly.
It's subtlere than in some other, more "flashy" games, but imo that makes it more impressive.
Can't wait to see a higher resolution version of this trailer.
Thank You, Hideo Kojima, for getting me exited in waiting for a new game again!

Omg...the wait is too long! I just loved how everything moved and I simply loved how the robots seemed to play soccer with the humans. :D And when that robot dodged that missile, should we expect same things from the robots in the game? Imagine trying to shoot those bastards down but they just keep dodging. :) Should bring alot of hysterical moments. :D

LOL. What particles ? You guys always have better eyes than me. I was paying attention to the legs most of the time.

Besides the scripted and mocap'ed animation, the physics model also communicates "weight" very well. No bouncing trucks, flying men and styrofoam walls like some nextgen games.

I have no idea how these relate to gameplay though. Not sure if we will see GRU units move like the folks here, or may be just in-game cinematics ? :(

I don't know why but it really seems that mgs4 will be an interactive real time movie more than a game.
It's hard to believe they can keep that animation quality in real gameplay ( you dont see the same animation twice, every single character move differently from the other ) unless its very limited gameplay where you ' re more a spectator than actor.

But i still have faith :D

Back