Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Reviews (PSP)

I can't wait to finally play it. Big Boss is rather awesome and after playing MGS3, I became much more interested in his story (as MGS3 more or less explained why he ended up doing what he did).

More MGS canon story, yay!

From everything I've seen, it looks like competition for handheld GOTY.

Eurogamer - 9/10

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=71673

As usual with hot games, they're a bit early as we won't get the game in Europe until April as far as I know (though apparently with 2 extra online maps and several new characters).

In other news, apparently MGS is doing better than konami anticipated (probably they were careful, as it is hardly a surprise), as believe it or not, the sales of MGS seem to be supply limited, an issue which they say will be addressed soon.

oops :oops:

Why the hell should we wait for? There is no region lock in the PSP :devilish:

Nope. Actually I almost ordered it from www.play-asia.com when I ordered my PS2 Component cable (one of those which also supports various other consoles, from MCV I believe). Can't wait to try that with Gran Turismo at 1080i and see if it really makes a difference! In many cases, the PAL versions of games don't actually support progressive scan, which is pretty annoying. But in this case I am in luck, because I modded my PS2 just so I could buy and play the Japanese import of GT4. ;)

But portable ops would have delayed the order with about 1-5 days, which was enough to make me stingy. ;) Besides, it looks like the European release might actually be more polished than the U.S./Japan release, so I can wait - I still have a number of PSP games that I haven't finished yet anyway (for example, I am currently trying to get all Loco Rocos, bonus points and Mui Muis and break the time trial targets). Also, sometimes the U.S. version and E.U. version won't talk to each other when playing Wifi, which is a shame, and would be worse for games like MGS which I expect a fair few people will get for their PSP.

I did however order the U.S. version of Final Fantasy XII along with it, because the euro/dollar conversion makes such purchases almost irresistable.

I can't wait to finally play it. Big Boss is rather awesome and after playing MGS3, I became much more interested in his story (as MGS3 more or less explained why he ended up doing what he did).

More MGS canon story, yay!

From everything I've seen, it looks like competition for handheld GOTY.

BB's motives where explained in mgs and mg 2 SS and although mgs3 added some more meat to his character and story i think it was for the worse, he's totally diffrent character now which doesn't reflect the guy from mg 2 SS and what was told/written about him in mgs.

Oh how i wish koji went with the other script for mgs 2 :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back