Metal Gears + Zone of Enders HD Collection [PS3/360]

patsu

Legend
Metal Gear (Nov 2011), Zone of the Enders (2012) HD Collections
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1172179p1.html

Today as part of its pre-E3 conference, Konami announced the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and the Zone of the Enders HD Collection.

The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will contain Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. The Zone of the Enders HD Collection will pack Zone of Enders and Zone of the Enders 2.

Another feature both collections support is Kojima's new "lifestyle" called "Transfarring." That is not a typo -- Transfarring. Using this system, PlayStation players can have one save that works with PS3 and PSP copies of certain games. Konami announced Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker as the first (and so far only) Transfarring capable title. Start your Peace Walker game on the PS3, copy the save to the PSP, play on the go, and then copy it back to the PS3 to pick up where you left off.

No word was given as to what would happen if you earned a Trophy while using the PSP (a system which doesn't support Trophies). Also, the Zone of the Enders HD Collection is said to support Transfarring, but no PSP versions of these games were announced. Kojima said that he was looking to bring Tranfarring to the NGP, so perhaps that is where we'll see the ZOE plan come together.

The MGS annouyncement is a dream come true ! And they put in Peace Walker in there ! Woooohoooooooooo:cool::p:D ! Now, its a must buy !

And Silent Hill 2 & 3, as well.

Really ! Is that confirmed ? I'll go crazy if that happened, cos I haven't finished SH2 and I never got to play SH3, which I guess is the best of them all ! and all of them in HD !!!!

I need footage !:devilish:

However, it did also confirm that, along with the upcoming Silent Hill: Downpour due this winter, it's also readying a Silent Hill HD collection, incorporating the second and third installments in the survival horror series.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-03-silent-hill-book-of-memories-for-ngp

I kind of wish it included the original Silent Hill. Even though those PSone graphics would look horrible in HD. I was thinking of playing through Silent Hill 2 again. I guess this will be the perfect opportunity to do it.

ZoE2 with stable framerate in hd will be awesome! The intence combat situations and effect firework really brought the ps2 to its knees.

Who needs backward compatability!? This is fantastic news (I've been hopeful, in fact HD MGS remakes was the only wish I had for E3 lol) - however can anyone confirm if they will have a 'free' camera angle al la MGS 3 Subsistence or if it will be the fixed one? It would be a real shame to be fixed...

ZoE2 with stable framerate in hd will be awesome! The intence combat situations and effect firework really brought the ps2 to its knees.
I know there were a couple slowdowns, but I cant remember this ever being even a slight problem (maybe the Euro version was improved?). But I wonder how the PS3 will cope with the tons of transparency effects, PS2 was a monster regarding those (and still is compared to a PS3).

And on topic: Hell yes !! though they shouldda added MGS 1 to the collection, even if it would have looked shitty its still the best one (you probably cant win the Psycho Mantis fight with wireless controllers tho :p).

Yes. Kojima said that they are re-working totally on all the game assets. all the character models and adapting the gameplay mechanic to suit PS3 and 360 controllers. Which makes me wonder If they will use Anubis ZOE ( ZOE2 ) gameplay with ZOE 1 which could be really nice.
They said that all the features in the EU and japanese Special Edition will be implemented. I liked it all excepted the remix of the main theme Beyond the bounds from Anubis ZOE.

I' m really thankful to kojima and his transfaring programm. I'd love to play ZOE on NGP as well.

Now I just need a DMC 1 & DM3 HD and I m in heaven.

I know there were a couple slowdowns, but I cant remember this ever being even a slight problem (maybe the Euro version was improved?). But I wonder how the PS3 will cope with the tons of transparency effects, PS2 was a monster regarding those (and still is compared to a PS3).

And on topic: Hell yes !! though they shouldda added MGS 1 to the collection, even if it would have looked shitty its still the best one (you probably cant win the Psycho Mantis fight with wireless controllers tho :p).

If I remember correctly yeah they made some improvements on the Euro version in regards to the framerate. Still there were various sections where there was noticeable slowdown but didnt brake the flow of the gameplay. It kind of helped actually. It gave you some time to breathe and see what was going on considering the mayhem. The good thing was that the framerate didnt get choppy when there was slowdown. It just played slower.
Amazing how good it looked and what it did on such an old piece of hardware :)
One of my favorite gems

This is such awesome news, more excited to play MGS3 and ZoE2 than I am for some current gen titles.

Much rather have MGS1 in the collection, but I imagine porting/remaking a ps1 game would be more difficult or involve more work than porting a psp game.

Back