Metal Gears + Zone of Enders HD Collection [PS3/360]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by patsu, Jun 3, 2011.

1. patsu

Legend

Metal Gear (Nov 2011), Zone of the Enders (2012) HD Collections
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1172179p1.html

2. Gitaroo

Veteran

3. messyman

Regular

That's awesome and all, but I was really hoping for some new info on Rising and Kojima's new project.

4. patsu

Legend

I'm very satisfied with the ZoE announcement alone.

5. messyman

Regular

6. Trejser

Regular

7. Jedi2016

Veteran

And Silent Hill 2 & 3, as well.

8. messyman

Regular

NGP gets Silent Hill: Book of Memories.

9. RenegadeRocks

Legend

The MGS annouyncement is a dream come true ! And they put in Peace Walker in there ! Woooohoooooooooo:cool::razz::grin: ! Now, its a must buy !

Really ! Is that confirmed ? I'll go crazy if that happened, cos I haven't finished SH2 and I never got to play SH3, which I guess is the best of them all ! and all of them in HD !!!!

I need footage !:twisted:

10. Cornsnake

Veteran

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-03-silent-hill-book-of-memories-for-ngp

I kind of wish it included the original Silent Hill. Even though those PSone graphics would look horrible in HD. I was thinking of playing through Silent Hill 2 again. I guess this will be the perfect opportunity to do it.

11. nightshade

nightshade Wookies love cookies!
    Veteran

Holy !
    Now that I think of it, Kojima wanted MGS3 to be 60FPS as well..like MGS2, but had to make the sacrifice cause he also wanted to have the setting in a jungle.

12. HellFire_

Newcomer

ZoE2 with stable framerate in hd will be awesome! The intence combat situations and effect firework really brought the ps2 to its knees.

13. RenegadeRocks

Legend

14. goonergaz

Veteran

Who needs backward compatability!? This is fantastic news (I've been hopeful, in fact HD MGS remakes was the only wish I had for E3 lol) - however can anyone confirm if they will have a 'free' camera angle al la MGS 3 Subsistence or if it will be the fixed one? It would be a real shame to be fixed...

15. Npl

Npl
    Veteran

I know there were a couple slowdowns, but I cant remember this ever being even a slight problem (maybe the Euro version was improved?). But I wonder how the PS3 will cope with the tons of transparency effects, PS2 was a monster regarding those (and still is compared to a PS3).

And on topic: Hell yes !! though they shouldda added MGS 1 to the collection, even if it would have looked shitty its still the best one (you probably cant win the Psycho Mantis fight with wireless controllers tho :razz:).

16. TEEDA

Regular

Yes. Kojima said that they are re-working totally on all the game assets. all the character models and adapting the gameplay mechanic to suit PS3 and 360 controllers. Which makes me wonder If they will use Anubis ZOE ( ZOE2 ) gameplay with ZOE 1 which could be really nice.
    They said that all the features in the EU and japanese Special Edition will be implemented. I liked it all excepted the remix of the main theme Beyond the bounds from Anubis ZOE.

I' m really thankful to kojima and his transfaring programm. I'd love to play ZOE on NGP as well.

Now I just need a DMC 1 & DM3 HD and I m in heaven.

17. Nesh

Nesh Double Agent
    Legend

If I remember correctly yeah they made some improvements on the Euro version in regards to the framerate. Still there were various sections where there was noticeable slowdown but didnt brake the flow of the gameplay. It kind of helped actually. It gave you some time to breathe and see what was going on considering the mayhem. The good thing was that the framerate didnt get choppy when there was slowdown. It just played slower.
    Amazing how good it looked and what it did on such an old piece of hardware :)
    One of my favorite gems

18. kagemaru

Veteran

This is such awesome news, more excited to play MGS3 and ZoE2 than I am for some current gen titles.

Much rather have MGS1 in the collection, but I imagine porting/remaking a ps1 game would be more difficult or involve more work than porting a psp game.

19. L. Scofield

Veteran

Is it the special edition of ZoE2?

20. Gitaroo

Veteran

yes, just hope they include the JP voice also too.