Image Quality and Framebuffer Analysis for Available/release build Games *Read the first post*

What do you think about Starhawk?

Famitsu_Emmett_03.jpg

720P + MLAA?

Based on this video: http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/starhawk-first-15-minutes

Transparencies are at a lower res imo

This one is super sampled.

Looks a tad blurry... and compressed to heck. :p

Transparencies are at a lower res imo
Very likely.

----------

Low res alpha on ps3?
Yep.

The 360 version also has a lower vertical res - something between 608-630.

What exactly is Diablo 3 doing and calling 'AA'? It makes the image terribly blurry but doesn't do a great job getting rid of jaggies.

Simple vaseline filter?

Nope, no AA.

Assuming you're talking about Naruto, the sub-HD resolution isn't surprising considering the last game on the 360 was also sub-HD. However it's kind of puzzling they wouldn't try to use something like FXAA. Even on the lowest setting, the blurring wouldn't really do much harm considering the art style used in the game.

I don't know how Google does its stuff (settings/preferences/options). Maybe try... imageshack?

Or you could just take a screen grab at the lower res. ;) Anyways, it's really hard to make out any edges in the shots above... preferably you'd want something a fair bit brighter and with edges that are near horizontal or vertical. Edges closer to 45 degrees can't really tell us much.

Anyways, I'm not sure there's much I can tell you other than post-process AA, which you already knew.

edit: In the following shot, there are lots of edges that aren't filtered in the darkness, not until there's a sufficient brightness delta or something. http://www.abload.de/img/diabloiii2012-05-15200xuy9.png

*shrug*

You can force anything with injectors. Fex. SMAA Injector, just copy the files to the game dir. If it doesnt work, read output logfile.

Edit: OK, I can't figure it out. The pics are 1920x1080. But when I try to post them, they are downsized to 1600x900
i'd laugh if it turns out that your either playing the game on 1600x900 or your actual monitor is that resolution and you mistakenly thought it was 1080p.

honestly the D3 aa filter works extremely well and uses very little processing power. i'll update if i remember :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back