Image Quality and Framebuffer Analysis for Available/release build Games *Read the first post*

Maybe that's some kind of DOF in the gun making it look less detailed? No AA still sux, you would thing they would have learned a few things after all this time.I wonder if they at least fixed up some of the bugs.

I'm currently playing Atelier Rorona, and I'm wondering about what kind of AA they use.

Here's a screencap (analog, sadly):
2010-10-11_22-35-31557x.jpg

And a zoom in on one of the high contrast edges:
zoomtngg.png

Ideas? I'm counting at least 8 steps.

Was this question answered?

Looking at the same link, the picture of the guy sitting in the chair on a carpet, the carpet looks much better on the 360 version. Seems it works both ways, but to be honest, I think lens of truth just sucks, so I'll wait for the digital foundry breakdown.
No it doesn't, I think you got confused because they got the links crossed, "show only on xbox 360" link takes you to the PS3 version, and vice versa.
What happened to the book in the PS3 version? Is that randomly generated or did they pick it up before taking the screenshot?

Last edited by a moderator:
There's definitely something up. The carpet on the left side of the full image doesn't show the difference. In the 3.jpg comparison, the fence textures are higher res on 360. And in shot 6, the weapon normal maps aren't different as shown on the other site's comparison. Could be some texture bugs around... (not that the textures are particularly high res in any fashion).

Shadows are certainly better filtered on 360 though.

What happened to the book in the PS3 version? Is that randomly generated or did they pick it up before taking the screenshot?

Possibly. Shot 7 in the gallery shows a missing tray on PS3. I wouldn't think much of it.

No it doesn't, I think you got confused because they got the links crossed, "show only on xbox 360" link takes you to the PS3 version, and vice versa.

Ha, nice work lense of truth.

anyone know the disc installation size for new vegas on 360? if its 6.8 might be a disc space issue which meant a few textures may have been down sampled.

Back