Howard Dean and the Gay Gene

Natoma said:
Hmm. And here I thought your first reply to me would be to apologize in that other thread for flat out lying about the things I was saying,

Oh my, are you still going on about that rant of yours? You attempt at drawing me into an argument with you failed so you must try again? I did as i said i would, i spared myself the agony of meaningless conversation with you by ignoring what you had to say later in the thread. You had nothing to add to the topic and were deliberately vague in order to attempt at making a rather irrelevant point. I do not owe you any apologizes for misunderstanding your position (if i infact did) as your were intentionally vague.

and not even caring that you were doing it Hell, even admitting it through your sarcasm. Guess I was wrong there.

Oh my, you admit it was sarcasm and take it to be an admission of something. Clearly and Fraudian esque slip, Natoma. :rolleyes: And here i was thinking i was mocking your suggestion if i behaved to your liking you would speak to me. Since i felt you were deliberately vague and made you well aware of that fact you ought to have assumed nothing more than repulsion at your blatant egoism.

p.s.: i was responding to london-boy making a joke about me not attending yale, obviously. your misrepresentations continue even here...

Lol hardly. I feel you are trying to divert the topic away from what was intended for you to answer. You proported to know more than Vince about this topic and yet you have done nothing to prove this but provide some anonymous authority who was infact your teacher. There are more clear implication from what Silent One was asking you then you choose to admitt. His was a challenge of your arrogance.

Why would we have a gay gene . It doesn't make any sense at all. Gay doesn't help the species survive . Its nothing that would have made us hunt better or find food better . Actually it would destroy our race. So i've never been one to believe all this genetic crap . I don't care if you are gay its your busniess but jsut because you are does not make it right .

jvd said:
Why would we have a gay gene . It doesn't make any sense at all. Gay doesn't help the species survive . Its nothing that would have made us hunt better or find food better . Actually it would destroy our race. So i've never been one to believe all this genetic crap . I don't care if you are gay its your busniess but jsut because you are does not make it right .

of course not. Infact, we might as well classify it, if it exists, as a genetic disease and pursue treatments. If the Gay Left/Right wish to classify themselves as a negative mutation thats their business.

That's funny. You said that I stated the following:

1) Iraq was capable of manufacturing it's own WMD
2) I would stay on topic
3) There is no difference between the lethal nature of Tear gas and Mustard Gas
4) I made a differentiation between Nerve Gas and Chemical Weapons
5) Information regarding Iraq's WMD programs in the 60s, 70s, and early 80s, before 1984, was viable
6) Since I said "common knowledge", I meant civilians, even though I repeatedly spoke about the UN, i.e. common knowledge at the UN
7) Other countries definitively manufactured WMD for Iraq

Every single one of those assertions was false, and I asked you in every single case to show me where I made any of those assertions. You never did do that by the way.

Now what did I do after I got fed up with it all? I asked you to stop lying about what I was saying and making up your own stories and trying to insert things into my mouth. Your response?

"Oh my, i will be blessed with your presence then? What a grand incentive."

A grand incentive to do what. Stop lying about me so we can actually have a conversation? Yea. :rolleyes:

Legion said:
Lol hardly. I feel you are trying to divert the topic away from what was intended for you to answer. You proported to know more than Vince about this topic and yet you have done nothing to prove this but provide some anonymous authority who was infact your teacher. There are more clear implication from what Silent One was asking you then you choose to admitt. His was a challenge of your arrogance.

Uhm, first off I never said I knew more than Vince. I said that with my knowledge, and Doctor Dean's knowledge, I would take our interpretation over Vince's, especially considering Dean has been practicing for decades. He made a comment about my level of knowledge and I responded to that in particular.

Second, I responded to Silent_One when he asked me what was up. Third, what "anonymous authority" are you talking about? Where did I mention some "anonymous authority"? Is this yet another in your long line of fabrications? Jesus you can't stop even if you wanted to can you. :rolleyes:

jvd said:

No one has said there is a "gay gene." Dean didn't say it and neither did I. :)

Natoma said:
jvd said:

I'm also tlaking about you saying things in the womb make a person gay . Which i also don't believe. And if it is true its be just as bad and in need of being fixed as being born autistic (sp?) or with a missing hand or what not.

As being homosexual does not help the human race at all.

Natoma said:
That's funny. You said that I stated the following....

Oh my, this is seriously eating away at you isn't it Natoma? How about we get back on track with this topic. If you have problem with me please address me in PM and not waste space by trying to lure me into another debate with you rather than wasting space here.

Every single one of those assertions was false, and I asked you in every single case to show me where I made any of those assertions. You never did do that by the way.

Last i checked i did show where you implied much of that by refusing to draw lines discreminating topics and by over all choosing not to clarify your points.

Now what did I do after I got fed up with it all? I asked you to stop lying about what I was saying and making up your own stories and trying to insert things into my mouth. Your response?

All this pent up rage must come from some where Natoma. Perhaps it comes from Vince's general attacks on your rather ludicrous notion that sexuality is predominately genetic. Am I your whipping boy for today? :rolleyes:

Natoma, seriously grow up or take it to PM and stop trying to derail this thread.

A grand incentive to do what. Stop lying about me so we can actually have a conversation? Yea. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Lol, i should have known you couldn't possibly take that statement to to suggest that if infact i were lying talking to you would hardly be an incentive to stop. But of course, your depth of reasoning is as myopic and empty as your educational posturings and authoritarian fallacy.

Uhm, first off I never said I knew more than Vince. I said that with my knowledge, and Doctor Dean's knowledge, I would take our interpretation over Vince's, especially considering Dean has been practicing for decades. He made a comment about my level of knowledge and I responded to that in particular.

Come now, you clearly come off as implying if not directly stating you have a better understand then Vince of biology:

Hmmm. I spent my first year at Yale as a pre-med student and Howard Dean has been practicing medicine for decades now? Yeah, I think I'll trust our interpretations much more than yours Vince, and leave it at that.

p.s.: I notice no commentary in the "Powell says no Al-Qaeda links with Iraq" thread I started yesterday. You were so sure about that one in the "it's getting drafty thread" as well vince.

Second, I responded to Silent_One when he asked me what was up.

You responded to the direct question he asked you which was to your education in biology. I doubt this satisfies him as he and i have debated this very topic with you in the past. I am more than positive he has more to ask of you accordingly.

Third, what "anonymous authority" are you talking about? Where did I mention some "anonymous authority"? Is this yet another in your long line of fabrications? Jesus you can't stop even if you wanted to can you. :rolleyes:

Oh my Natoma how you run at the mouth

Howard Dean has been practicing medicine for decades now? Yeah, I think I'll trust our interpretations much more than yours Vince, and leave it at that.

Here you mention Howard Dean under these pretenses:

p.s.: I also stated Dr. Howard Dean. Now it's been several years since I've done any kind of science. I am 26 going on 27 after all. But Dr. Dean has been actively practicing for decades. So as I said, I'll trust his interpretation and mine just a tad more than Vince's in this regard.

Hmmm. I spent my first year at Yale as a pre-med student and Howard Dean has been practicing medicine for decades now? Yeah, I think I'll trust our interpretations much more than yours Vince, and leave it at that.

We can neither debate nor discuss with Dean his understanding and your use of him as some attempt at a defense reaks of fallacious logic.

I'm also tlaking about you saying things in the womb make a person gay . Which i also don't believe. And if it is true its be just as bad and in need of being fixed as being born autistic (sp?) or with a missing hand or what not.

I honestly thought this theory was dropped, but apparently it has found its way back into debates through use of propaganda.

Neither does being scyzophrenic but am willing to wager you can easily find evidence for genetic contribution to it. This is hardly the point though JVD. The argument in support of biological predisposition of homosexuality is predomently to provide an excuse for the lifestyle. The lack of credibility of the scientists and in totality their research are reflections of said agenda.

the genetic predisposition argument is nothing more than the gay gene argument repacked after several failed attempts.

You showed nothing in that thread. I asked you time and time again to quote me, not make allegations and assumptions.

I also happened to have the same attitude in that thread as I do now. I may disagree with someone, even vehemently so. But nothing gets me angrier than someone making false statements and trying to say I made them.

I attributed a statement to Silent_One in another thread a few months ago. He came in and said unequivocably that I was wrong and he had never said such a thing. What did I do? Did I continue to make false statements about him? No. I publicly apologized and retracted my statements, to which he basically said thanks. I publicly apologized and make the retraction since I publicly made the attribution.

I'm sure he'll recall that situation. You on the other hand just continue to lie and lie and lie without any apology whatsoever. If anyone wants to see what the situation is about, click here. Read that thread until the end of page 5, and you'll understand why I'm upset that you continue to lie and never back up your assertions when challenged.

p.s.: You stated I sided with Howard Dean. He's not an "anonymous authority" as you stated. So again, who is this "anonymous authority?"

jvd said:
Natoma said:
jvd said:

I suppose every heterosexual must reproduce then to be useful, if you are to take that line of debate to its inevitable conclusion. Of course, that is far from the case.

Autism, Physical deformity, and the like are physical and mental deterrants. There is no such qualification made to homosexuality, unless you're speaking about the wish to physically procreate with someone of the opposite sex. I want to have kids one day that are biologically my own. I just don't want to have sex with a woman to do so. If the techology didn't exist today, I would be forced to do it in order to have children, but it does. So I don't have to do that. Simply because I'm gay makes no difference to my wish to have kids. That is not tied into my sexual identity.

Natoma said:
You showed nothing in that thread. I also happened to have the same attitude in that thread as I do now. I may disagree with someone, even vehemently so. But nothing gets me angrier than someone making false statements and trying to say I made them.

Seems to me cries of a needy individual natoma. Why don't you take it to PMs and save everyone here the aggravation of having this thread derailed?

I attributed a statement to Silent_One in another thread a few months ago. He came in and said unequivocably that I was wrong and he had never said such a thing. What did I do? Did I continue to make false statements about him? No. I apologized and retracted my statements, to which he basically said thanks.

I'm sure he'll recall that situation. You on the other hand just continue to lie and lie and lie without any apology whatsoever. If anyone wants to see what the situation is about, click here. Read that thread until the end of page 5, and you'll understand why I'm upset that you continue to lie and never back up your assertions when challenged.

Oh my, even though i backed up what i have said several times in this thread alone. You and i both know you posturing Natoma. Stop trying to make a scene for your benefit. If I wanted to debate a drama queen i'd be better off searching broadway.

-ps If anyone reading the posted thread has an issue with something i have said as related to the topic of lying, falsification, or general misrepresentation please feel free to IM me on AIM: Angelofdespair20 or Yahoo: iconoclast2440.

p.s.: You stated I sided with Howard Dean. He's not an "anonymous authority" as you stated. So again, who is this "anonymous authority?"

a·non·y·mous ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-nn-ms)
adj.
Having an unknown or unacknowledged name: an anonymous author.
Having an unknown or withheld authorship or agency: an anonymous letter; an anonymous phone call.
Having no distinctive character or recognition factor: “a very great, almost anonymous center of people who just want peaceâ€￾ (Alan Paton).

Cut the crap and stop spining your wheels Natoma. You know exactly what i am stating to you. You are trying to use Howard, in a fallacious manner, as a source, which is nebulous at best, to support your thinking. We can not speak to Howard to gather an understanding of his grasp on the situation

Your right it doesn't, but we as a human race are reproducing at a large rate, infact if this keeps up we will be crammed soon. So maybe a "gay gene" is evolution or natures answer to us overpopulating ourselves?

Its just an idea, there is no need to bash it anyone!

Paul said:

Your right it doesn't, but we as a human race are reproducing at a large rate, infact if this keeps up we will be crammed soon. So maybe a "gay gene" is evolution or natures answer to us overpopulating ourselves?

Its just an idea, there is no need to bash it anyone!

that sounds horrifically utilitarian....

Legion said:
Seems to me cries of a needy individual natoma. Why don't you take it to PMs and save everyone here the aggravation of having this thread derailed?

Continue to dodge Legion. I told you where I wanted to have this conversation. You decided that you were going to ignore me when you had nowhere to go. I asked you to quote me. Not make allegations and assertions. Until you do, you're a flat out liar.

Legion said:
Oh my, even though i backed up what i have said several times in this thread alone. You and i both know you posturing Natoma. Stop trying to make a scene for your benefit. If I wanted to debate a drama queen i'd be better off searching broadway.

I want QUOTES where I said any of the things you said I did. Until then, I am calling you a damn liar. No bones about it.

Legion said:

a·non·y·mous ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-nn-ms)
adj.
Having an unknown or unacknowledged name: an anonymous author.
Having an unknown or withheld authorship or agency: an anonymous letter; an anonymous phone call.
Having no distinctive character or recognition factor: “a very great, almost anonymous center of people who just want peaceâ€￾ (Alan Paton).

Cut the crap and stop spining your wheels Natoma. You know exactly what i am stating to you. You are trying to use Howard, in a fallacious manner, as a source, which is nebulous at best, to support your thinking. We can not speak to Howard to gather an understanding of his grasp on the situation

How am I spinning my wheels? Howard Dean made a statement regarding homosexuality having a genetic component. That is on the record. I agreed with that, and stated that.

How is he anonymous? How is he unknown? What other qualifier for that statement is required?

Continue to dodge Legion. I told you where I wanted to have this conversation. You decided that you were going to ignore me when you had nowhere to go. I asked you to quote me. Not make allegations and assertions. Until you do, you're a flat out liar.

Flat out liar? Natoma, even you know you are full of shit. Who the hell is dodging anything? I have suggested that you PM me with your complaint rather than rant in this thread completely derailing it from its topic. You have so far refused. I have invited anyone including yourself to come and talk to me through Yahoo and AIM. If you have a problem address them issue by issue there instead of making a scene in this thread. This is the last time i will address this crap from you here. No one here is dodging but you. You are attacking me all the while dodging reaching me on a personal basis through media i have provided to you. Needless to say i think you protest far to much. If you choose to continue refusing to talk to me then ought to drop the issue. I won't waster other people's time with you. Its no sweat off my back some one such as yourself perceives me as a liar. Take to the PMs or instant messengers or drop it. I won't continue this further.

Instead of trying to divert the topic provide an a substantial rebuttle to Vince's statements.

I want QUOTES where I said any of the things you said I did. Until then, I am calling you a damn liar. No bones about it.

And i will undoubtly refrain from speaking to you. I don't mind that you call me a liar. You are nothing to me Natoma. Nor do you have any form of importance to me in my life or the lives of anyone else in this thread. You are simply, a homosexual, with over inflated sense of self.

How am I spinning my wheels? Howard Dean made a statement regarding homosexuality having a genetic component. That is on the record. I agreed with that, and stated that.

How aren't you spining your wheels? You haven't provided any substantive argument against Vince you have just posted some authority figure. A fallacy.

How is he anonymous? How is he unknown? What other qualifier for that statement is required?

One we can't speak to him

two he isn't here to present an argument

three we don't know why he believe what he does or to the extent he takes it

four you can't possible think we accept your reference to him as an acceptable rebuttle.

I believe the gay gene exists. How else are we supposed to smile? :LOL:

Anyone get this joke? If you don't then I suggest you look in the dictionary. ;)

K.I.L.E.R said:
I believe the gay gene exists. How else are we supposed to smile? :LOL:

Anyone get this joke? If you don't then I suggest you look in the dictionary. ;)

i love it when you smile. you have such a cute cheeks that are absolutely smackable...

Natoma said:
jvd said:
Natoma said:
jvd said:

I suppose every heterosexual must reproduce then to be useful, if you are to take that line of debate to its inevitable conclusion. Of course, that is far from the case.

Autism, Physical deformity, and the like are physical and mental deterrants. There is no such qualification made to homosexuality, unless you're speaking about the wish to physically procreate with someone of the opposite sex. I want to have kids one day that are biologically my own. I just do want to have sex with a woman to do so. If the techology didn't exist today, I would be forced to do it in order to have children, but it does. So I don't have to do that. Simply because I'm gay makes no difference to my wish to have kids. That is not tied into my sexual identity.

If a heterosexual can not reproduce i.e low sperm count or not being able to produce eggs or whatever the case may be then that is considered a defect or a problem. I.e homosexual can be considered a defect or a problem.
Also how do you know that there is no mental deterrant involved in homosexuality . I do not wish to have sex with a woman. It calls out to every fiber in my being to have sex with an attractive woman . Not only that but with as many as I possibly can . Now of course this is so that the human race could continue .

Perhaps homosexuals are natures answer to limiting the human race. But then again that would be a sign of it being bad . Just as aids or cancer is a way for nature to limit our numbers .

As you know natoma I have no problem with any one. You do what you want to do. But just because I don't have a problem with it doesn't mean I believe it is right and/or natural

And i will undoubtly refrain from speaking to you. I don't mind that you call me a liar. You are nothing to me Natoma. Nor do you have any form of importance to me in my life or the lives of anyone else in this thread. You are simply, a homosexual, with over inflated sense of self.

Quit dodging and just give him the direct quote.

Back