Horizon Zero Dawn [PS4, PC]

I think youtube is automatically using the VP9 codec for 4k videos so watching 4k on yt tends to be pretty good if the source is good as well. Anything else gets too compressed for fine detail, hoping gamersyde got their hands on it...

World looks beautiful but damn those people twitch like skyrim and fallout and sorry Ellora or whoever u r , you just went scary beyond Fallout 3's wooden people. I was not expecting this but it sire seems to suggest the game is bigger in scope than i was imagining, which i good.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Skimming through that and at 18+ minutes the night time part looks lovely (and it's on og PS4, not pro), and photo mode seems to be quite extensive which i like :yes:

So, I don't want to watch videos because of possible spoilers but is still looking like an open world game with a day/night cycle and dynamic weather system?

I wonder how long this game is. It comes out 2 days before Zelda. Hmmm...

So, I don't want to watch videos because of possible spoilers but is still looking like an open world game with a day/night cycle and dynamic weather system?

Yes dynamic weather and dynamic time of the day... It looks fucking incredible. I saw one French preview. They played like everyone four hour on standard PS4. Impressive and very clean IQ... They had only one slowdown in 4 hours...

They think the gameplay is more precise than other WRPG and reminds them Japanese game...

They visit the studio the Thunderjaw took 18 months of work and they showed them a 50 pages note for one robot.

Last edited:
I'll be watching the reviews closely. The combat looks very repetitive. Roll, evade, shoot, repeat ad Infinitum. It's also not apparent why you're destroying these things, it's clearly not just survival as stealthing around them is clearly an option.

It definitely looks interesting and Eurogamer's '17 things you may not know' about the game' article sparked my interest but.. time will tell.

I'll be watching the reviews closely. The combat looks very repetitive. Roll, evade, shoot, repeat ad Infinitum. It's also not apparent why you're destroying these things, it's clearly not just survival as stealthing around them is clearly an option.

It definitely looks interesting and Eurogamer's '17 things you may not know' about the game' article sparked my interest but.. time will tell.
Yea i am also constantly wondering whether its the player who doesn't realise there is a melee weapon amd traps too or if the gameplay is actually that repetitive. All i see is bow action which is really badly suited for close combat.

A better representation, i would say. Th eplayer uses all weapons as well as melee attacks and talks about them too. With this video I am sold on the game. I am getting this.

Last edited:

Whoa whoa thats awesome> I guess its time to stop watching and start ordering this shit ! I just hope its as deep as the witcher and not like the Tomb Raider, whcih it already is not I can see that they want to go after The Witcher , Dragon Age, Vibe here !

Yea i am also constantly wondering whether its the player who doesn't realise there is a melee weapon amd traps too or if the gameplay is actually that repetitive. All i see is bow action which is really badly suited for close combat.
It could be that GG are just not showing off anything other than basic combat but if that's all there is to combat and it's a combat orientated RPG then I'm out. That would get really tedious really quickly and no amount of shiny pixels will mask that. That said, lots of people have played HZD for many hours now and while specific aspects of the game are still under embargo I've not read any negative comments on so....

It could be that GG are just not showing off anything other than basic combat but if that's all there is to combat and it's a combat orientated RPG then I'm out. That would get really tedious really quickly and no amount of shiny pixels will mask that. That said, lots of people have played HZD for many hours now and while specific aspects of the game are still under embargo I've not read any negative comments on so....
Also Witcher doesn't have much of a combat variety either but I have spent more time in it than multiple games together. That is also square for sword and R2 for power and that's bloody about it. But everything else keeps u so glued to it that it's the game of this gen for me. So, although I want the combat to turn amazing later, I think if previewer are so gaga about it with this simple combat then that's a great sign that the all other aspects of the game hold up well.
Let's where this goes, but this sure has turned out much more than I was imagining.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Looks like night time will be incredibly moody

horizon-zero-dawn-ps44ny96.jpg

All these impressions and videos are killing me :), so can't wait to get it on the Pro now :).
This shot just looks stupendously stunning! Like easily the best looking open world game I've ever seen.
vf5LyeO.png

horizon_1992753b.png

Last edited:
Back