Heavenly Sword update (E3 cometh..)

GameTrailers also has an interview with one of the NT guys here:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=10451&type=wmv&pl=game

It's a good watch, some tech details, confirms it is a 07 title also..

Serenity Painted Death - I imagine Sony might like this game to be Teen at most, if not for everyone. Though I don't know how games are rated, and if blood would force a certification higher than Teen..but for a game like this to do blood realistically would make it awfully bloody indeed. Some of the artwork has blood splatter though.

Titanio said:
GameTrailers also has an interview with one of the NT guys here:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=10451&type=wmv&pl=game

It's a good watch, some tech details, confirms it is a 07 title also..

Serenity Painted Death - I imagine Sony might like this game to be Teen at most, if not for everyone. Though I don't know how games are rated, and if blood would force a certification higher than Teen..but for a game like this to do blood realistically would make it awfully bloody indeed. Some of the artwork has blood splatter though.

I was thinking more along the lines of keeping the show at E3 "kid friendly". So they could have told NT to cut the gore for the show, and they can put it back in the final game, which can have any kind of rating on release. Or maybe NT themselves came up with the idea...

I don't see why the final game wouldn't have blood, it seems a bit silly, considering it's a game centered on killing people with 2 huge swords...

london-boy said:
I don't see why the final game wouldn't have blood, it seems a bit silly, considering it's a game centered on killing people with 2 huge swords...

Just whack them on the head really strong with the side of the swords ? :LOL:

Thanks for the GS HD footage Stillmatic. It looks tremendous, easily amongst the most impressive stuff i've seen about. Very fluid and visceral. If the outdoor areas maintani this level of quality it'll be even more impressive. Looking forward to it.

Only gripe is I noticed LOD pop on some of the guards during the custcene about halfway through the demostration.

Anyone else notice how the screenshots are looking a lot worse than the HD gameplay videos? Seems like everything has been tweaked a lot from textures to lighting...

devs

hair is clipping all over the place. Well, pointless me being here saying that because you know that already, obviously, but it does look kind of bad clipping like that.
like DOA4 hair crossing the arms and stuff

Ninja Theory strikes again!!! Heavenly sword looks grrrreat and it looks to play grrreat too which is something next gen games have been a little lax in accomplishing.

Thank you Ninja Theory for the incredible amount of diligence you're all putting into making this one heck of a game.

Awesome work!!!

Great impressions from Gamespy:

http://uk.ps2.gamespy.com/playstati...project-untitled-next-gen-game-/706028p1.html

Now imagine releasing the shoulder button at any time, and Nariko fluidly changing to a different stance and continuing, in mid-combo! Imagine countering opponents as they attempt to strike you, and executing special finishing moves, which change as combat progresses (a giant slice to the groin being a particular favorite). Then there's your takedown stabbing motion for foes you've floored before they rise again, and if you're feeling particularly adventurous, objects can be picked up, hurled, and then steered in a first-person perspective (which points to ranged weapons being employed later on). Combat was nothing less than brutal and brimming with excitement; there were never problems facing directions, or enemies taking cheap shots, or glitching through foes.

What we saw was like God of War on steroids. If Ninja Theory can follow Sony Santa Monica's plan and make the rest of the game as entertaining and varied as possible, then Heavenly Sword could become a monstrously awesome battle of blood, barrels, and ballet that sets the standards for all action-adventure titles in the future.

:D :D

Also, IGN will have a live interview with Ninja Theory in about 15 minutes, apparently!

My main problem with this game is that it's bound to be a short one. Ninja Theory you guys are doing an awesome job and must be under lots of pressure to get this delivered by end of September.

There's just no way this game will be more than 6 or 7 hours of gameplay. Can I be wrong? There aren't any miracles to create 12 levels of art assets :) God of War wasn't extremely long either, but second gen 360 games like Too Human and Gears of War are streching to 20 hours and having lots of different environments. I hate to say it but Heavenly Sword looks like the perfect game to buy for $39 in Fall 2007 or Spring 2008 or whenever Sony finally price drops PS3 to a reasonable price.

CountZeroInt said:
My main problem with this game is that it's bound to be a short one. Ninja Theory you guys are doing an awesome job and must be under lots of pressure to get this delivered by end of September.

It's not a day-one title - 2007. In the IGN interview just their, they mentioned "launch-window"/post-launch.

msia2k75 said:
Where's the link for the itw Titanio plz? Thx.

itw? interview? it was on livewire.ign.com, it was a live video interview. Not sure if you can rewatch it or not. But you didn't miss much, it was a brief interview.

Titanio said:
itw? interview? it was on livewire.ign.com, it was a live video interview. Not sure if you can rewatch it or not. But you didn't miss much, it was a brief interview.

Oh? Well Ive already seen it I guess, thx though...

Laa-Yosh said:
Anyone else notice how the screenshots are looking a lot worse than the HD gameplay videos? Seems like everything has been tweaked a lot from textures to lighting...
Maybe it's just that still screens give you a chance to focus on flaws while with video you're watching the action.

I like the look of this a lot, my favorite of the PS3 showings, but what was shown of the gameplay doesn't do much for me. Hopefully it'll be a lot deeper than fighting mobs in an arena and the like. Anyway nice one Deano, nA0, etc.

The character models are noticeable different in the screenshots and in the E3-floor videos.

I just want to say Im absolutely awed by the animation. I wasn't expecting it to move like that during gameplay. The variety, smoothness and seamlessness, man it just looks so alive and dynamic. Its the kind of leap Ive been hoping for next gen. The designer in the GT interview mentioned they're using mo-cap which surprised me consideirng how fluid it is. He also said they're mixing some procedural elements as well I think but I couldnt make it out. Kudos to NT!

Back