Full Q/a With Tommy Tallarico Ps3 And 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
bleon said:
T.T. is better positioned than most people to judge how PS3 games are shaping up so its a bit silly to label him as an idiot. What I think is impressing him the most are the physics effects (such as the swaying tree he mentioned). In the PS3 demos we've seen, many have gone overboard on physics simulation but this was not true for the MS games.

I wonder why hasn't MS showcased amazing physics in any of their games. I suspect the hardware will choke when attempting to do what the PS3 does.

When MS kickstarted next gen, they emphasised more pixels and Higher definition. Sony emphasised HD, physics and amazing animation. In terms of having a next gen vision and foresight, MS seem a bit clueless.

I suggest you watch some movies of GRAW and then come back.

What a crap thread. It totally went down the toilet after starting off on a bad foot. is there any reaosn to keep it open?

It's posts like yours that make it a crap thread imo. No I'm not pulling punches saying that, and yes the mods may censor me but I don't care.

let me sum up this thread. Correct me if I'm wrong, but TT went to japan and saw many games in various stages of development that looked better than games for xbox 360. Saying the "A" teams are working on PS3 and not xbox 360 titles, right? well jeeze, that IS japan. It's obvious they are more interested in PS3 and putting the quality teams on that system. That shouldn't come as a suprise. Now outside of japan it's a different story. I doubt you'll see many publishers making exclusive titles to PS3 as there's too much risk in not going multi platform. Games are too expensive. I don't think TT was talking about anything more than what he saw in Japan and how the xbox 360 games compared to PS3 games made there.

Now any comments about upgraded ports is going to apply to both of these consoles when they release. It depends how much the publisher wants to spend on upgrading. it has NOTHING to do with the hardware it self. if you can't understand that, then you should be here arguing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Qroach said:
Now any comments about upgraded ports is going to apply to both of these consoles when they release. It depends how much the publisher wants to spend on upgrading. it has NOTHING to do with the hardware it self. if you can't understand that, then you should be here arguing.

But Qroach didn't T.T. say that himself in his statement? If somebody here can't understand that I feel sorry for them.

Qroach said:
It's posts like yours that make it a crap thread imo. No I'm not pulling punches saying that, and yes the mods may censor me but I don't care.

let me sum up this thread. Correct me if I'm wrong, but TT went to japan and saw many games in various stages of development that looked better than games for xbox 360. Saying the "A" teams are working on PS3 and not xbox 360 titles, right? well jeeze, that IS japan. It's obvious they are more interested in PS3 and putting the quality teams on that system. That shouldn't come as a suprise. Now outside of japan it's a different story. I doubt you'll see many publishers making exclusive titles to PS3 as there's too much risk in not going multi platform. Games are too expensive. I don't think TT was talking about anything more than what he saw in Japan and how the xbox 360 games compared to PS3 games made there.

When does he say he went to Japan? Not sure were you got that from. Please explain. I suggest you read the comments again because he never says "In Japan I saw this or that". Not sure what your argument is.

bleon said:
T.T. is better positioned than most people to judge how PS3 games are shaping up so its a bit silly to label him as an idiot. What I think is impressing him the most are the physics effects (such as the swaying tree he mentioned). In the PS3 demos we've seen, many have gone overboard on physics simulation but this was not true for the MS games.

I wonder why hasn't MS showcased amazing physics in any of their games. I suspect the hardware will choke when attempting to do what the PS3 does.

When MS kickstarted next gen, they emphasised more pixels and Higher definition. Sony emphasised HD, physics and amazing animation. In terms of having a next gen vision and foresight, MS seem a bit clueless.

Um TT is a musician... so if he were talking abou tthe inherents benefits of the sound capabilities of the PS3versus360 then yeah I'd agree with you... just because you see him G4tv doesnt make him better positioned... his reviews tend to be awful and usually off the mark...

Ben-Nice said:
When does he say he went to Japan? Not sure were you got that from. Please explain. I suggest you read the comments again because he never says "In Japan I saw this or that". Not sure what your argument is.

TT made the comment about the trees and project gotham compared to trees he saw in PS3 games after coming back from a trip to japan (seeing what they have in development there). This is what started the entire "TT thinks PS3 games looks better" threads across the net. That's why people in forums suddenly took interest in what he had to say. Before that they could care less what his opinion was.

seismologist said:
Probably has something to do with him being one of the only people giving first hand PS3 game impressions.

I wouldn't call what he did game impressions. He compared a tree in a racing game to a tree he saw in god knows what else. He says the launch titles for PS3 look better than the launch titles for 360. He certainly didn't give any game impressions. I think it's more of a case of, "you say something good about the PS3, and now you are my favourite person of the week or month". I think most of the people positng what he says as gospel around the net couldn't give a rats ass what he said prior to these PS3 comments.

Qroach said:
TT made the comment about the trees and project gotham compared to trees he saw in PS3 games after coming back from a trip to japan (seeing what they have in development there). This is what started the entire "TT thinks PS3 games looks better" threads across the net. That's why people in forums suddenly took interest in what he had to say. Before that they could care less what his opinion was.

I have always cared about his opinions. I watch his G4 show with that other guy Vic and I like it. Yeah some of his reviews are off, but at least you know and understand his views and he comes out and says, "these are not my kind of games".

From then on people should take that certain review to heart. If the man doesn't like a certain genre of videogames you can't make him review high.

mckmas8808 said:
I have always cared about his opinions. I watch his G4 show with that other guy Vic and I like it. Yeah some of his reviews are off, but at least you know and understand his views and he comes out and says, "these are not my kind of games".

From then on people should take that certain review to heart. If the man doesn't like a certain genre of videogames you can't make him review high.

Vic is more thorough in his reviews imho. TT reviews like a casual.... or a musician LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back