Heavenly Sword update (E3 cometh..)

So.. I watched the trailer.

Its pretty.. I guess. Is there anything more to this game than simple arena fighting?

It looks just like a button masher to me. A good-looking button masher, granted. The second trailer I watched where the chick jumped super high in the air was kinda neat.. but...

Why haven't we seen detailed pics like this before?!

Edit : Pic removed due to size, and Titanio's provision of resized pics.

That looks fantastic!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some of the pics shrunk to fit..

45es1.jpg

26po.jpg

18vj1.jpg

Awesome vid btw. "My sacred genitals"?! :LOL: I wonder how much the budget on this game is.

Last edited by a moderator:
That video was insane, the shine on his gold armor trim and the reflection off the chest plating is phenomenal.

Not to mention the motion capture of the face.

That was nice! Especially the talk of some chick attacking his sacred genitals. Ahem.

That vid make mo-capping look easy! Does anyone know if there's anything happening there that is out of the norm in the mo-cap process? Either during or "afterwards" at the render stage?

Simply amazing. I'm glad the animations are not being played down and they hired a top-notch actor to do these. :cool:

slider said:
That vid make mo-capping look easy! Does anyone know if there's anything happening there that is out of the norm in the mo-cap process? Either during or "afterwards" at the render stage?

They're having markers on his face as well, which isn't that common - but then again Andy isn't moving much, nor is he performing any action moves, so they can keep the cameras close and capture all the small movements too. Lots of markers on the face, actually, I wonder if the ingame model has the same number of bones...
Seems to be a 16-camera system, which is probably better than average (8 is the minimum, but that wouldn't be enough for the facial stuff IMHO). I'm not in the know about European mocap studios, and Sony UK might have their own facility anyway...

I agree with Laa-Yosh. This game looks more imposing (better !) on the show floor. Nariko looks more leggy too.

...reminds me of some of the booth babes :D

Laa-Yosh said:
Why can't Sony release any good media for this game is beyond my understanding.
Man, I just hope SONY don't fsck things up like MS did with Kung Fu Chaos! Remember Tasneem's Edge Diary about how shocking MS PR and marketing handled their previous game for XBOX, KFC?

What I'm saying is: SONY needs to throw their weight behind this game, and provide us with good quality media, and really hype the ass of this game...cause from those vid's, it sure as hell deserves it! :cool:

HS looked totally awesome in motion.

As to Dean's being hot or not err maybe you should ask that in another forum LOL

RancidLunchmeat said:
Its pretty.. I guess. Is there anything more to this game than simple arena fighting?

Their just showing a certain aspect to the game. Its sort of like saying, is Motorstorm just set in a Canyon or is Gears of War only set in a Dark Alley.

RancidLunchmeat said:
It looks just like a button masher to me. A good-looking button masher, granted. The second trailer I watched where the chick jumped super high in the air was kinda neat.. but...

Most on hand reports with this game are saying that the game requires you to choose your weapons wisely. That button mashing will get you killed quick. Take that however you will

HS continues to not only get mainstream press, but to be associated with the PS3. This is not the first time when mentioning only 1 game for the PS3 the media selected HS as being representative of Sony's flagship console.

Each manufacturer announced a lineup of exclusive games that includes "Super Mario Galaxy" for the Wii, the shooter "Gears of War" for Xbox 360 and the frenetic action game "Heavenly Sword" for PS3.

Talk about moving up in the world! Kudos DeanoC and NT! Seems you guys are in the limelight now!

Acert93 said:
Talk about moving up in the world! Kudos DeanoC and NT! Seems you guys are in the limelight now!

Yea, I was reading their blog and they had some pretty rough times so I'm glad they're getting recognition now :)

Me2. I am happy for you guys! After all you have been through it feels great that you finally get the praise you deserve for your efforts :D

I dont think I have seen this being posted here before. It's a 7 minute gameplay demonstration.

http://www.playsyde.com/news_3004_en.html

I found this posted on psinext thanks to teeda. I downloaded the 366 mb one and I must say this has to be the best looking video game I have seen to date. The clarity in this video is great. You can see everything from the crisp textures to the shadows casted on each of the individual characters. I mean truly this game has amazing lightng and the animation is by far the best I have seen yet from any videogame. Ninjatheory has really done an amazing job. Congrats guys!

My last question kind of got disregarded do to all the hype and excitement form e3 so I am just going to post it again. I was wondering if you could give us an update as to how the massive outdoor battle scenes are coming along? Also at what framerates is the game currently running at(both massive areas and smaller like the e3 demo)?

Back