Halo 4

Abandon reminds me of Halo 2's Backwash, which was a truly awful map.

Regarding Ragnarok - Hell Yeah!! I loved Valhalla in Halo 3. Great BTB map.

Last edited by a moderator:
Abandon reminds me of Halo 2's Backwash, which was a truly awful map.

Regarding Ragnarok - Hell Yeah!! I loved Valhalla in Halo 3. Great BTB map.

Valhalla is a nice map but would've preferred Terminal which is way better than any Halo 3 map by a wide margin.Checkout the new map's that were debuted called Meltdown and Solace as both of them look fantastic.

Any more news regarding split screen / mulitplayer since June? e.g. back then the summary seemed to be:

In the downtime between sessions, I had a chance to speak with Halo 4 Lead Designer Kevin Franklin. He shared that split-screen co-operative gameplay will return to Halo 4's campaign, but that 343 is not yet sure if it will be playable for more than two players on one television. There has been no decision yet on whether Spartan Ops will be playable in split-screen. Adversarial multiplayer will allow local split-screen, and will let you to take friends online in split-screen as well. Similarly to campaign co-op, a player count has yet to be finalized. Either way, it's good to know that yet another Halo staple will remain a part of Halo 4.

Campaign: 2 or 4 player? How many local? (Split screen again, or 4 way... or none?)
Spartan Ops: 4 players (right?) so how many local?
War Games: Still 4 player split screen? How many total online 16, 20, 24?

Curious, especially as I have people who want to come over and play it soon after launch.

Well, that is a start. But you get an incomplete for not answering all questions or answering all subsets of each question. tsk tsk. How many on a local system? I have heard people chat about split screen campaign but maybe no split screen on SpOps -- but I am looking for a confirmation of the details.

Hmm. Seems quite a bit different from Invasion. Not sure if I'll like this one as much.

Invasion was basically the only offense/defense gametype that I enjoyed.

Hmm. Seems quite a bit different from Invasion. Not sure if I'll like this one as much.

I could be wrong, but I believe that was pulled from Halo 4.

Dominion plays more like the Conquest gametype from Battlefield which to me is better than Invasion.It's still offensive/defensive but a bit different..You will like it.. :devilish:

Though this looks really good:
PlGGP.jpg

I am probably in the minority here, :cry: , But I kind of... prefer the "old" Halo4 style/engine:

halo-4-001.jpg

2820788-gallery.jpg

Much better lighting and shader effects.
Is there a chance that they'll revert to the previous shown Halo4 engine or style before release?

Multiplayer vs campaign.

Back