*God Of War 3 Thread v2.0 + Interview Stig Asmussen

So you're in Tuscany ?

[strike]:oops: at you calling Rome generic. The city is no doubt like other big cities, but you'd be hard pressed to find thousand year old structures like the Colosseum, Trevi foundation, St. Peters Cathedral, Castel St. Angelo, etc. in other places.[/strike]

Okay, you meant the Rome in AC2 is generic. I'll pass then.

Of course I'm talking of the game... :D

I think Kratos should go to egypt and eradicate their gods as well. Would be cool to see a lot of egyptian architecture as well.

Since they seem to have created a open world engine (a la Twisted Metal, Starhawks), they can also try large scale battles... Like online ! :cool: Starhwak has creation elements so we will not be restricted by just destruction technically.

Story wise, I can't remember anymore but is Kratos still human ? If so, he can also deal with other humans who have found leftover weapons from the dead gods. :devilish:

Fighting other gods and technology can be fitted naturally with other human enemies. It would be a bring-your-own-god or bring-you-own-tech war. :p

A kratos vs rise of the machine/terminators/i robots in order to save humanity would work. Human revive the demi god by cloning him and beg him to fight against a world of giant machines.

Are you thinking of a Cowboy vs Aliens kind of situation, or technology in the old world sense ? :)

I remember someone from Santa Monica mentioned that they wanted GoW3 to be story focused and so they delayed the online idea. I am guessing online will be introduced in GoW4.

high tech + god of war? Sounds like Enslaved to me.If they are making a GOW4, might as well stick to Jaffe's original plan for the GOW3 ending. It sounded way more ambitious than the actual god of war. And a GOW game without Kratos in it just not GOW for me, might as well be a new IP.

What was his plan ? Kill everyone and move on to kill gods in other religions and era ? >_<
He had no plan, atleast not after GoW 1.
Hes just to occupied with being a prick to care for anything else, I still havent finished GoW 3 because it gotten to the point of being a satire of itself... just missing a bad laughter-track. The PSP Prequels where infinitly better in comparison.

Wouldnt mind if GoW was the last thing I seen of Kratos :D

Are you thinking of a Cowboy vs Aliens kind of situation, or technology in the old world sense ? :)

I remember someone from Santa Monica mentioned that they wanted GoW3 to be story focused and so they delayed the online idea. I am guessing online will be introduced in GoW4.
Nar more of the Matrix era:). I want the a bit over the top sci fi element but also make everything look familiar if that makes sense. I'm sure Kratos could take one a Kronos sized mech giant, or two if they improved their moving level titan tech.
To be clear this is not an Enslaved esque style where, it's more like Resistance but set in a slight post modern time.

Funny, re-visiting this thread just made me remember how much fun I had playing GoW3. I haven't played much this year yet, but from the last couple of big hitters, I think GoW3 is the game (single player) of the generation so far for me. Everything about it was just incredible.

It also gave me flashbacks of my gaming time on the gameboy 20 years ago. Combat, combat, spectacular boss fight, combat, more spectacular combat, super spectacular boss fight.... It just gets better and better and the end result, indeed, was very satisfying. It was a complete rush and after completing it, I just wanted to do it all over again. That is something quite rare and only GoW3 achieved that for me since a very long time.

Funny, re-visiting this thread just made me remember how much fun I had playing GoW3. I haven't played much this year yet, but from the last couple of big hitters, I think GoW3 is the game (single player) of the generation so far for me. Everything about it was just incredible.

It also gave me flashbacks of my gaming time on the gameboy 20 years ago. Combat, combat, spectacular boss fight, combat, more spectacular combat, super spectacular boss fight.... It just gets better and better and the end result, indeed, was very satisfying. It was a complete rush and after completing it, I just wanted to do it all over again. That is something quite rare and only GoW3 achieved that for me since a very long time.

I so agree with this. GOW3 is definintely one of my favourite and most satifying single player games this generation.

For GOW4 i don't want them to bring Kratos back. I'd like a new Character. Perhaps base it on the story of Orpheus, and then at the end when he looks back and his chick is dragged back into the underworld he gets mad and swallows some ambrosia to become a god and go on a rampage. They don't even need to set the game chornologically after GOW3. They can set it inbetween and just simply follow the new character's story of revenge against Hades for stealing his chick.

Nar more of the Matrix era:). I want the a bit over the top sci fi element but also make everything look familiar if that makes sense. I'm sure Kratos could take one a Kronos sized mech giant, or two if they improved their moving level titan tech.
To be clear this is not an Enslaved esque style where, it's more like Resistance but set in a slight post modern time.

Mm... Matrix ? [fell off chair]

What will happen to all my favorite Greek gods ? Still as good as dead ?

The first PSP Remaster game for US...

God of War Origins Collection Playtest – Even Better on the Big Screen:
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/2...ction-playtest-even-better-on-the-big-screen/

God of War Origins Collection makes sense as the first PSP remaster series game for North America. By bringing Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta to the PS3, PlayStation 3 owners can experience all of Kratos’ journey. Okay, fine, PS3 owners still don’t have God of War: Betrayal, but that’s just a cell phone game and side-story anyways.

As the title suggests, God of War Origins Collection contains the two PSP games that chronologically take place at the beginning of Kratos’ ordeal and set up later entries in the series. God of War: Chains of Olympus is the very first game. The story takes place while Kratos pledged service to the gods to gain forgiveness for his bloodlust and inadvertent murder of his family. Kratos is called to defend Attica when it is attacked by Persians. Once the battle is won, the Sun disappears and darkness covers the land. He realizes that Morpheus has become all powerful due to Helios being kidnapped and the gods are powerless as they’ve fallen asleep. Kratos is then tasked to rescue the kidnapped sun god Helios.

David Jaffe Pax Panel. he is totally speaking his heart out and feels really good to hear as I am sure everyone would find something there which one can connect to.

BTW, profanities guaranteed !

Just rebooted the game last week end and wow...This is is just mind blowing and full of details.
Those screens are just splendide.

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/4900/image13tr.jpg
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9451/image8rc.png
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/8178/image20b.png

I just wish there were more sequences like the one where you re controlling Peegasus in GOW II. I liked the sequence in the vents in GOW III but too repetitive IMO.Also excepted for Hades fight and chronos fight I was disapointed in the other boss fights just including slashing and QTE. I would have liked more interesting mechanics. Hades fight was the most spectacular and intense to me.

I cant wait to see what Santa Monica has planned for GOW IV. At the same time maybe I wanted them tomake it for next gen console but i' d like to see what they can do now.Can't wait.

Just rebooted the game last week end and wow...This is is just mind blowing and full of details.
Those screens are just splendide.

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/4900/image13tr.jpg
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9451/image8rc.png
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/8178/image20b.png

I just wish there were more sequences like the one where you re controlling Peegasus in GOW II. I liked the sequence in the vents in GOW III but too repetitive IMO.Also excepted for Hades fight and chronos fight I was disapointed in the other boss fights just including slashing and QTE. I would have liked more interesting mechanics. Hades fight was the most spectacular and intense to me.

I cant wait to see what Santa Monica has planned for GOW IV. At the same time maybe I wanted them tomake it for next gen console but i' d like to see what they can do now.Can't wait.

I'm speechless. I mean, I'm playing exclusively only on my pc from almost 6 months now & I can't to avoid to notice the differences between the 'actual' consoles & my humble pc in the multiplat release (AMD 2 core 64bit 4 MB RAM+GPU 5750 512MB) in terms of IQ or simple texture res, an unexpected leap of a generation imho but games like GOW 3 remember me what have of so special my ps3 & its developers.

Holy Sh$t so this might just happen after all!
1fvjw7.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/PlayStation
It feels just like E3 right now with so many big titles being announced, leaked and what not:). Hope this is exactly what I think it is.

Back