Gears of War 3: Brofisting to the End

Did they improve the particle effects of the Grenade (2:52)? Looks a lot better now.

I already have this game paid off and ready for pick up! Excited! :cool:

We dont get Azura except for DLC? Too bad it looked the best graphically of MP maps I've seen so far.

Also there's clearly retail copies in the wild, why is the full campaign not up on youtube (or is it)? Mind you I'm glad it's not as I'm basically in spoiler avoiding mode til release just wondering. I was expecting huge leaks starting 3-4 weeks til release. It's ten days away and I just see multiplayer stuff linked on forums. Perhaps Epic is suppressing stuff on YT as well (good if so)?

Is it also fair to say the new disc standard has put a pretty good kibosh on early pirate leaks for this game or am I totally wrong there?

Also Reiko's post only lists 7 maps I thought there was 9 in the retail? What about night gridlock?

Last edited by a moderator:
We dont get Azura except for DLC? Too bad it looked the best graphically of MP maps I've seen so far.

Supposedly both Azura and Rustlung are "hidden" on the retail disk. Possibly as future DLC although Rod Fergusson mentioned before that they plan to release some maps for free. Yesterday he also responded to the people who say that Epic no longer gives fans anything extra for free, saying that they will eat crow. My optimistic guess is that they will unlock one or both of those maps in the future, but who knows.

Also there's clearly retail copies in the wild, why is the full campaign not up on youtube (or is it)? Mind you I'm glad it's not as I'm basically in spoiler avoiding mode til release just wondering. I was expecting huge leaks starting 3-4 weeks til release. It's ten days away and I just see multiplayer stuff.
I guess that's good, no ? :D

Is it also fair to say the new disc standard has put a pretty good kibosh on early pirate leaks for this game or am I totally wrong there?
I haven't heard anything about the game being pirated and the retail versions are already in the hands of many people, so perhaps that's true. I don't pay too much attention to that 'scene' though.

edit: There are ten maps in the game: Sandbar, Hotel, Trenches, Mercy, Trashball, Overpass, Checkout, Dry Dock, Gridlock and Old Town.

The game is out and about in the wild and usual places but it's for JTAG'd consoles only.

As for the maps that are supposedly on the discs but locked, I imagine they will be unlocked for or during one of the many planned "online social events" for the game.

In the Sandbar video, why do the edges of the screen sometimes darken when he moves through some areas of the map? Seems odd.

I hope it isn't some stupid thing like making parts of the map cause damage just by being there. Now that I think about it, that's just the kind of stupid shit CliffyB thinks is cool and fun. I bet that's what it is. :rolleyes:

As for the maps that are supposedly on the discs but locked, I imagine they will be unlocked for or during one of the many planned "online social events" for the game.

That would be a pretty clever idea. "Demo events" to show people what they can expect from Gears DLC quality wise (even better idea would be giving them away for free though!).

In the Sandbar video, why do the edges of the screen sometimes darken when he moves through some areas of the map? Seems odd.

(...)

That's tac-com, you enable it by pressing LB i think. It's an overlay showing you the positions of your teammates, weapon locations etc. I don't know why but the guy who is recording those videos is switching it on an off all the time :)

I think it's just to show you where the weapons are. Or maybe it's to get an idea of where he's at if he's lost. It doesn't look like he knows his way around that well on the maps.

Gimme updated Gears 2 maps for free! >_> (or more realistically... for a modest fee, especially if you've already bought the All Fronts collection). >_>

If I remember correctly, River, Jacinto and Blood Drive were included on a list that leaked earlier (if anyone remembers - it was the one that was on the Bulletstorm disc). There were some maps form Gears 1 mentioned as well.

Actually I wouldn't mind if they took (almost) all the maps and remade them at some point. Especially now when they have lightmass.

The only issue would be modifying some of them for Horde 2.0 (big bosses) and Beast, but that can't be as terrible as creating all new maps. People do love a lot of the old maps anyway. :)

Back