Gears of War 3: Brofisting to the End

Had alot of fun with the beta can't wait until game releases. Hopefully the campaign is lenthly, can't get enough of Gears.

Yeah, I'm curious to see how it'll change from the previous two games. The gears 3 story was written by Karen Traviss, whom I've heard did a pretty good job with the three novels so far, and she's slated to release another novel in August. I suppose if there's anyone who should be doing the game story at this point, it ought to be her.

Some stats from the beta:
http://majornelson.com/2011/05/18/gears-of-war-3-pre-order-top-1-million/

Over the course of four weeks, 1.29 million players played more than 11 million multiplayer matches. Here are some of the other interesting stats:
- 145 different countries participated in the beta
- 249 years worth of matches played
- More than 11 million matches completed
- More than 927 million kills recorded
- More than 131 million executions performed
- More than 23 million deaths by chainsaw
- Nearly 23 BILLION bullets fired
- 4.9 billion ribbons and 291M medals earned
- 435K people earned the Beta exclusive Thrashball Cole skin to use in the retail game when it launches in September
- 234K people earned the Beta exclusive Gold Retro Lancer to use in the retail game when it launches in September
I think they should tell us the number of active reloads >_>

It would be interesting to know. I only contributed around 600. :(

:p I'm sure we both contributed a lot of bullets. XD

Oo... teaser for full trailer on May 28? (btw, teaser for a trailer... announcements for announcements... :rolleyes: Wait while I wait. Uguguguguugugg)

Looks nice. Wish the GDC presentation weren't mac-only.

:p I'm sure we both contributed a lot of bullets. XD

Oo... teaser for full trailer on May 28? (btw, teaser for a trailer... announcements for announcements... :rolleyes: Wait while I wait. Uguguguguugugg)

Looks nice. Wish the GDC presentation weren't mac-only.

Why is is mac only???

Anyway the teaser looks nice, eagerly anticipating the full trailer.

Whoa. Can't wait to see how goods the single player game is gonna look.

Multiplayer was pretty but im expecting a little jump in sp. :)

Why is it mac only???

Some mac proprietary format. :s There was a very short cut-scene with Delta squad in it too. It looked pretty nice with the closer camera view on them. The game really needs a PC release at some point. :p

Some mac proprietary format. :s There was a very short cut-scene with Delta squad in it too. It looked pretty nice with the closer camera view on them. The game really needs a PC release at some point. :p
Wait,how that didn't find its way on the internet?:smile:

Keynote probably because by most accounts it is vastly superior to powerpoint.

Oh and,is it just me or has Epic fixed hair rendering in UE3?Don't know about other new UE3 titles but up until this Gears 3 cut scene I never seen hair done properly in UE3.Always a bit on ugly side...

Truth be told, I think it isn't any good, I'd expect far better from Epic... Most of the talk is technical, workflow related stuff by the way, based on the images and other attachments.

Truth be told, I think it isn't any good, I'd expect far better from Epic... Most of the talk is technical, workflow related stuff by the way, based on the images and other attachments.
You expected better in facial animations(since you work in that field) or general visuals of the game?

Oh,and does anyone know if there is any way to see the slides if you don't own Mac?

It's just the facial animation, although it's somewhat related to the characters' faces - those are very rough and unrealistic too. They're super detailed and roughened up on the males though, so most people don't care; and the females have other body parts to draw the audience's attention away.

But in the presentation itself, it's painfully obvious that they'd need a far better sculptor, someone with far more serious art background, to work on the faces. Not that I personally could do that much better, but we do have some painter guys here who can do really amazing stuff...

Back