Formula 1 - 2024 Season

Good race, a mix of boring and exciting, but some of the drama was good. Was honestly worried for a Lando crash, he was just pushing it too much
yeah hopefully the drivers championship will go to the final lap at abu dhabi

unless they get involved with a power unit supply they arent really "in f1", its maybe about as much if not little more than alfa romeo with sauber
Agreed. They are in the same boat as McLauren (wonder if McLauren will ever use their own engines). I think after the contract ends with Ferrari they'll likely use their own power unit.

Agreed. They are in the same boat as McLauren (wonder if McLauren will ever use their own engines). I think after the contract ends with Ferrari they'll likely use their own power unit.
doubt it, toyota would be too late for the 2026 regs so the next power unit regs at the earliest unless they want to come in late

mclaren would have to spend a lot of money to spin up a f1 grade power unit operation, doubt there is any will to do that

Not a lot of choice anymore
Ferrari, Merc, Honda, Audi and Renault engines. I’m not sure if Alpine will front a Renault engine next year either.

Would be very surprised if Toyota entered their own engine. I’m expecting a lot of tuning done by the group, but not a full power unit.

Not a lot of choice anymore
Ferrari, Merc, Honda, Audi and Renault engines. I’m not sure if Alpine will front a Renault engine next year either.

Would be very surprised if Toyota entered their own engine. I’m expecting a lot of tuning done by the group, but not a full power unit.
luca de meo has shut down the renault f1 engine program for the 2026 regs and alpine will run mercedes power units, but there may be production distruptions at viry-chatillon (striking in the finest traditions of french workers) so maybe alpine has to get merc engines for 2025

Oh gee, what a surprise, pushing people off the track or crossing track limits are penalized again... except if you're Verstappen of course, then they're ok.

Yea that was a bit of a weird ending. Considering Russell, it seems Mad has mastered this dive Bombing technique that doesn’t get him in penalty but everyone else seems to. I wonder if they will petition.

good race, but bad for the championship
colapinto doing a good job at williams and lawson putting in his cv to replace perez

lets see if the rumors are true and perez announces his retirement at the mexico gp

good race, but bad for the championship
colapinto doing a good job at williams and lawson putting in his cv to replace perez

lets see if the rumors are true and perez announces his retirement at the mexico gp
but so good for the fans. Now we have a 3rd contender for the constructors championship. This is really amazing season compared to the last 2.

but so good for the fans. Now we have a 3rd contender for the constructors championship. This is really amazing season compared to the last 2.
red bull will end up third in the constructors, so the rumor that perez is bowing out (to save horner from firing him and to save horner the embarrassment because he rehired perez this year) seems more likely. you need a year like 2023 for verstappen to win both championships single-handedly and those are very rare indeed

red bull will end up third in the constructors, so the rumor that perez is bowing out (to save horner from firing him and to save horner the embarrassment because he rehired perez this year) seems more likely. you need a year like 2023 for verstappen to win both championships single-handedly and those are very rare indeed
I doubt Horner would feel embarrassed if he'd had to fire Perez. Seems like there were other factors at play to extending him to begin with. But his new contract apparently having stricter performance clauses doesn't make it sound like anyone is trying to avoid embarrassment.

Not sure RBR cares too much about the WCC. With the budget cap I don't think any of the top teams would care that much, probably rather win the WDC.

Back