Formula 1 - 2024 Season

Nonesence. The race can hold more.

It's just that the money would be split to more teams and to an extent it can be argued that the value of the team brands is higher if it is more exclusive
there are some rules that are pretty wild wrt. the financing but its all secret.

what we know is that ferrari gets a big cut of the top (5% i think) which is going to be changed for the new concorde agreement as joe saward has reported
williams is also getting a heritage payment but not as huge as the ferrari one
merc and rbr is getting a performance payment because of their long runs of form recently

if they change the rules so that a new team has to pay a lot to get in to the sport and then has to run for a year or two without getting prize money you will eliminate asset flippers who now theoretically could pay the 200m (usd or euro i forget) dilution fee for an entity that could be valued at 1 billion

so if the fee is 600m and you dont get prize money at the beginning, it *should* bring more serious entrants

andretti saying he is ready for 2026 with a new bespoke engine from cadillac is not sensible, but if he buys alpine he could run with renault engines badged as cadillac and then get the real deal in when its ready in 2027 or 2028

GM/Cadillac said 2028 for an f1 engine. Andretti would be running something else if they got in prior.

not sure if i like the active aero part but -30 kg if they can do it will be good
and narrower cars will also be good

not sure if i like the active aero part but -30 kg if they can do it will be good
and narrower cars will also be good
Wouldn't hurt if they were a bit shorter too. But they still don't need to look like a damn F3 to do it!

Weather added some intrigue to Montreal certainly a more interesting race than 'Thou shall not pass' Monaco.

renault should just sell their team to andretti because if they are going to shut their engine programme and now get flavio in as an adviser, they have jumped the shark
luca de meo came in, thought he knew best and renamed it alpine, didnt get the results he wanted and fired a lot of people and now this

bad days for the enstone team

renault should just sell their team to andretti because if they are going to shut their engine programme and now get flavio in as an adviser, they have jumped the shark
luca de meo came in, thought he knew best and renamed it alpine, didnt get the results he wanted and fired a lot of people and now this

bad days for the enstone team
Yea it’s unfortunate down turn. But if Williams can dig themselves out somewhat, so can Renault!

it was an entertaining race. Still a bit more to go for these guys to catch RB though. Merc holding top 6 for the last couple of races looks like they are finally getting their car back into form.

Back