Formula 1 - 2024 Season

Everyone was hoping for expectations to not happen. But expectations happened. The beast is the beast.

race was unfortunately not exciting at the very front. perez still outclassed by a huge margin, but p3 and below had some good fighting

and there are things happening all over. jos verstappen allegedly wont be at the saudi arabia grand prix after the comments he made about christian horner
the technical director and aero lead of alpine have both resigned
and now this, the latest in the fia vs f1 war

Yes, I should have been more specific and said the best driver of the team with the best car!

It is pretty rare these days that you have two teams with performance on a par so it tends to be swinging from a period of dominance for one team and then a period of dominance for another. End result, a procession.

If you really wanted to know who the best driver was, they would all be using the same vehicle...

An anonymous email, including messages purporting to involve Horner, was leaked on Thursday, a day after Red Bull dismissed a complaint of inappropriate behaviour against him.

Horner has refused to say if the leaked messages are genuine.

"It cannot continue this way," said former F1 driver Jos Verstappen.
"The situation is not good for the team and is driving people apart."
Verstappen denied that he was the source of the leaks.
Verstappen made similar comments to the Daily Mail, saying Red Bull would "explode" if Horner remained in his position, adding: "He is playing the victim when he is the one causing problems."

Verstappen told BBC Sport he made the comments to the two newspapers after falling out with Horner in Bahrain.
He added that Max Verstappen had seen the comments and did not say anything.

A Red Bull spokesperson said: "There are no issues here. The team are united and we are focused on racing."

In other words, there was a cover up, and somebody wasn't happy so then leaked messages to prove Horner had been up to mischief. Well, that's perhaps not the best term for apparent sexual harrassment! Has anybody actually read these messages or is it just the media who are keeping the contents under wraps?

Must say, I didn't know that he was married to a Spice Girl! If I had the time (and the inclination), I'd make a weak attempt at humour by integrating some of their song titles into a banal sentence...

Nah I think somebody is trying to backstab him. I didn't read those messages but that is easily faked. What I gathered from the little bits I did read posted on other forums made it sound the women didn't even knew he was married or didn't knew he was married to a spice girl or something or something else totally unrealistic given Horner's wife is at like half the races or something.

The investigation cleared Horner and in today's snowflake world you can bet that if they found anything remotely incriminating they'd have fired him. If they wanted to cover things up they wouldn't have started an investigation.

Nah I think somebody is trying to backstab him. I didn't read those messages but that is easily faked. What I gathered from the little bits I did read posted on other forums made it sound the women didn't even knew he was married or didn't knew he was married to a spice girl or something or something else totally unrealistic given Horner's wife is at like half the races or something.

The investigation cleared Horner and in today's snowflake world you can bet that if they found anything remotely incriminating they'd have fired him. If they wanted to cover things up they wouldn't have started an investigation.
its very unlikely a 40 year old woman didnt know horner was married and who he is married to. but i tend to agree with you that this is the result of a power struggle in red bull corporate and that the thai owner (heir of the original thai red bull guy whom didi mateschitz shared the business with 51-49 with didi at 49%) is supporting horner

uncle joe wrote about it in his latest notebook blog

Assuming there is truth to the emails and you think outside the box to when women will start to participate as F1 drivers, then there is definitely no place for people like Horner.

You wouldn't know that your boss was married to and had children with one of the Spice Girls, after they appear in a TV documentary series which has been running for 5 years? That would be a remarkable level of ignorance.

Especially as Geri is mentioned on a number of occasions in the apparent screenshots of the conversations which I've seen...

Just to add, unlike one of my friends, I'm not a huge fan of F1. However, I can't help but think that the people running the sport as well as many of the drivers seem to be appalling people. Arrogance, egotism, overt self-satisfaction. Not very attractive traits. But, hey, it makes them very rich, I suppose.

im reading in the news that the woman has been suspended by red bull
Interesting ...
Sources close to Red Bull say there is a split between the Thai side of Red Bull and the Austrian headquarters, which owns 49% of the company.

The Austrians are said to have wanted Horner to be removed from his position but Yoovidhya backed the team principal.

Red Bull's engine partner Honda has called for more details about the matter.

A spokesperson for the Japanese company said: "We do not have full details on the matter at this point, therefore Honda are not in a position to make any detailed comment. We look forward to full clarity as soon as possible."

Horner emphasised that Red Bull's board dismissed the complaint last week.

He said: "The reality is that there was a grievance raised, it was dealt with in the most professional manner by the group, that appointed an independent KC, one of the most reputable in the land.

"He took time to investigate all the facts. He looked at everything and he came to a conclusion where he dismissed the grievance.

"As far as I'm concerned, as far as Red Bull is concerned, we move on."

Red Bull has refused to name the lawyer involved or give any insight into the report compiled, or explain why the decision to dismiss the complaint was made.

Curious they also refuse to name the lawyer involved in the independent review. Optics are not very good.

yeah looks like retaliation against her when they dont offer any details

Back