Formula 1 - 2013 Season

No contest in the quali. A real snooze. Only the performance of the Saubers was of any interest, a great job by both drivers.

Great race by Hülkenberg, to Alonso's detriment. :(

The Hülk, Hamilton, Alonso fight was excellent racing.

I thought the race was awful, the first safety car was out for way too long, 2nd safety car was a joke.
Kimi got gifted 2nd place, Grosjean was robbed.
Webber was doing well.... starting from 13th(which was bullshit) then getting in front of Hamilton, only to have everything work against him.

There was one driver who really impressed me, Hulkenburg, he had a superb race.
Hamilton threw everything at him but The Hulk(i'm guessing this is his nickname) just outclassed him, with obvious help from the shockingly good sauber.

If Alonso leaves Ferrari then his spot needs to be filled by Hulkenburg, put him in a race winning car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kimi got gifted 2nd place, Grosjean was robbed.
Grosjean lost the position on his own mistake, admitted it himself too (of course that would have never happened without the safety car(s) but still, it wasn't "team orders" or any such, heck, they even said to Grosjean that he's "faster than Kimi, you can pass him" to which Grosjean replied "No I can't")

Grosjean lost the position on his own mistake, admitted it himself too (of course that would have never happened without the safety car(s) but still, it wasn't "team orders" or any such, heck, they even said to Grosjean that he's "faster than Kimi, you can pass him" to which Grosjean replied "No I can't")
I'm not saying Kimi did not drive better at the end to beat Grosjean, i'm saying he was gifted the position because without the safety cars there was zero chance of him catching Grosjean on his own.

I'm not saying Kimi did not drive better at the end to beat Grosjean, i'm saying he was gifted the position because without the safety cars there was zero chance of him catching Grosjean on his own.

Yes, in that sense you're right obviously. Just talking about team mates and gifting makes it sound like team gifted the position ;)

Yes, in that sense you're right obviously. Just talking about team mates and gifting makes it sound like team gifted the position ;)
No chance, i remember clearly the conversation they had over the radio, also Grosjean will be their main driver next year, i doubt they want him losing to Kimi.

McLaren have some interesting announcements to make reference new hirings in the technical departments.

Some are widely speculating that Adrian Newey is set to return to his old team... Personally don't believe it but would be amazing if it did happen.

I think there are indications that Brawn is leaving Mercedes and there's some speculation that he may join McLaren or Honda, though that would be 2015. But I think something is up with Brawn...

Back