Formula 1 - 2013 Season

Why? What are your expectations?

Mine are that he will stay in one team like buddies with Kimi and work together, so someone after all these torturing years wins a title or two for Ferrari :rolleyes:
I hope so too, but I remember 2007. :(

Looks like Ferrari are making a play for the constructors championship at the expense of the drivers championship. Raikkonen will certainly pick up more points than Massa but we know what happens in any team that has two drivers who think they are the dogs balls.

Jackie Stewart thinks Kimi will de-stabilise Alonso - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24031963

An unnamed engineer who has worked with both disagrees though -

it would be fascinating to find out who would come out on top. That will be debated endlessly - as comparisons between all the top F1 drivers always are. But one engineer who has worked closely with both is in doubt.
"I think Alonso, pretty convincingly," he said. "Everywhere - especially qualifying and the first laps of the race.

It's official now.

Yep.
http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/back-kimi

edit:
This has to be added:
ferrariradio.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd have to argue that he clearly doesn't know what he's doing tbh :p

Moving to a slower car and a team-mate who is going to dominate him when he could have instead of retired gracefully with his reputation as a decent driver intact. (you know I'm just winding you up Kaotik. :D)

LOL, this is juicy if true :LOL:

According to finnish F1 broadcasters news, Ferrari was planning to go with Hülkenberg - even to the point that the deal was being planned to be signed at Hungarian GP. Then things went wrong, Alonso started to criticize Ferrari even more, which pissed Montezemolo off. Wanting to show who's really leading the team, he went on and put Hülkenberg on hold and made the Räikkönen deal happen because Räikkönen, according to the news, is far from what Alonso would want from the team mate.

Hülkenberg, according to the news, was told that Kimi got the deal via SMS message on tuesday night this week.

Thanks G O D it happened in this way.

Kimi is the best option for Ferrari, while Fernando should hold his temperament cooler. He is such an egoist... :rolleyes: Not worse than vettel but similar

This is probably the most bizarre driver signing in history, for so many reasons. Ferrari has clearly lost the plot in a huge way.

There is literally nothing good (for Ferrari) that can possibly come from this lol. Red Bull must be pissing themselves laughing even if they have a shit 2014 car. :D

Alonso to McLaren in 2015 (I said this would happen a year ago btw, will dig up proof if needed!) - difference now is Alonso will leave no matter what, even if he's champion. Hulk must be happy at moving up again, albeit slower than he deserves. In any other decade he'd have been driving for one of the top 3 long before now.

Where do you see this greatness from Hulk? Why do you think he is fast enough and not one hit wonder?

Ok, now the situation is different and unless Ferrari wants to get rid of the best from the best, they should never think about replacing Fernando

There is literally nothing good (for Ferrari) that can possibly come from this lol. Red Bull must be pissing themselves laughing even if they have a shit 2014 car. :D

I would prefer to believe those who are saying that redbull should forget the constructors title next year

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably the most bizarre driver signing in history, for so many reasons. Ferrari has clearly lost the plot in a huge way.

Alonso to McLaren in 2015 (I said this would happen a year ago btw, will dig up proof if needed!) - difference now is Alonso will leave no matter what, even if he's champion. Hulk must be happy at moving up again, albeit slower than he deserves. In any other decade he'd have been driving for one of the top 3 long before now.

If Alonso can keep his head together, Ferrari now has 2 of the 4 best drivers for next season, not a bad starting point.

I fear Massa is on his way out of F1. Hulk is surely getting the Lotus seat, I really don't think he can do much else with the cars he's been given.

I can't see Massa getting it either, but in a toss up between him and Hulk, I think it might be a close call. Hulk might be a great prospect, but does Lotus need two young drivers (Hulk and Grosjean?) in a new season full of changes? Massa might be seen as the more experienced driver...

I can't see Massa getting it either, but in a toss up between him and Hulk, I think it might be a close call. Hulk might be a great prospect, but does Lotus need two young drivers (Hulk and Grosjean?) in a new season full of changes? Massa might be seen as the more experienced driver...

Lotus need money as well don't they? Don't think Massa and Hulkenburg bring a lot to the table in that department. Probably why Maldonado is being linked.

Back