Formula 1 - 2013 Season

Vettels lottery ticket wins again, but seriously I don't understand how the SC pulled the group together in that order.

Red Flag, Bianchi will probably get a penalty for that.
edit: Or Chilton, whichever it was

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it was Chilton. Alonso has been garbage today, Vettel is so lucky I won't be surprised if Rosberg's car breaks down on the grid.

I don't understand how the SC pulled the group together in that order

Me neither :rolleyes: Should be the cars order from the above :rolleyes:

Chilton, whichever it was

For the sake of respect- whoever he was ;)

Alonso has been garbage today

There is nothing wrong with Fernando. The race itself is fucking silly which screwed him. He should have pushed that thingie out of the race

Sutil having a great race, clean passes from Button & Alonso and aiming for Perez now

edit:
Kimi's chance is at the end of the race - everyone in front of him have used tires while he has brand spanking new ones, Red Bulls have even older than Mercedes's

edit:
Crashjean strikes again

edit:
Safety car again, is there no end to Vettels luck?

edit:
Phew, Perez almost ruined Kimis race there

edit:
He did ruin it ffs, 2 races from hitting the world record on finishing on points in a row and now Perez blows his tyre

Kimi 10th! He's still on track to take the record from Schumacher! F'in great drive in the end passing 3 guys on 2 (or 3?) last laps at Monaco of all places!

edit: 6 overtakes in 5 laps

Kimi might be lucky to escape this race without a penalty, he's up in front of the stewards for at least one thing (too fast under the SC) and they might also take a different view of the Perez incident.

Alonso was fucking awful today, worst drive I've seen from him in a long, long time. Maybe it was the car or something else though.

Gonna be an interesting few weeks regarding Merc and the tyre test anyway. If they've drastically improved their tyre situation as a result of that then they'll be very, very strong from now on in.

Fernado's car had part of Perezes wing stuck underneath affecting aero so that explains his rather poor pace towards the end of race.

Kimi was driving and defending very well and blame is on Perez for causing unnecessary incident. He had two good overtakes in this race and two overoptimistic attempts which ended his race prematurely.

Overlay typical Monaco and I call this race boring (but fabulous quali!).

This race should be forgotten immediately. I even didn't watch it to the end, but rather left way before the chequered flag.

The difference between Fernando and the first spot is now 29 points. He should work hard and from now on no place for more mistakes

I don't believe that the reason for Fernado's poor pace was because of debris. The cars weren't lapping anywhere near the times they were doing in Q3. How much time could the debris really be costing? He did 1:14.8 in Q3 and was struggling 'because of aero' to get below 1:20 in the race. Debris costing 5 seconds a lap doesn't seem particularly believable to me.

I don't believe that the reason for Fernado's poor pace was because of debris. The cars weren't lapping anywhere near the times they were doing in Q3. How much time could the debris really be costing? He did 1:14.8 in Q3 and was struggling 'because of aero' to get below 1:20 in the race. Debris costing 5 seconds a lap doesn't seem particularly believable to me.

Alex Wurz in Austrian TV commented that this white paper-like debris on Alonso's frontwing has a drastic impact on the aerodynamics.

That said, I think this must have been Alonso's worst race ever. It seems to me that he was so unconcentrated...got overtaken by two cars in Monaco!

Nico has done a very good race imo. Mercedes were in good shape.

Overall, ok-ish race at most.

Nico has done a very good race imo. Mercedes were in good shape.
The question is how much of it is thanks to 1000 km extra tire test they got which might lead them to trouble (even to the point of being disqualified from constructors championship)

The question is how much of it is thanks to 1000 km extra tire test they got which might lead them to trouble (even to the point of being disqualified from constructors championship)

I guess that this helped a lot of course.

But I really don't think that there is a problem for Mercedes. Niki Lauda clearly stated that before they did these tests, they asked the FIA officials for permission. It is allowed for Pirelli to do extra tests, if really necessary. It is allowed to ask one of the teams to help out. Lauda clearly said in German TV that they followed the official ways and get everything proofed by the officials. He also said that everyone can protest whatever they want and that he wishes everyone good luck with his protest. So, I guess that this is again lot's of hot air...but I am curious myself, maybe Lauda straight up lied?

I guess that this helped a lot of course.

But I really don't think that there is a problem for Mercedes. Niki Lauda clearly stated that before they did these tests, they asked the FIA officials for permission. It is allowed for Pirelli to do extra tests, if really necessary. It is allowed to ask one of the teams to help out. Lauda clearly said in German TV that they followed the official ways and get everything proofed by the officials. He also said that everyone can protest whatever they want and that he wishes everyone good luck with his protest. So, I guess that this is again lot's of hot air...but I am curious myself, maybe Lauda straight up lied?

It's only part of the story - FIA did respond that it can be done if all teams are given equal chance to do the test, but never heard from Pirelli or Mercedes about it since that, they just went and did the test.

BLNog5yCIAA70BB.jpg

http://adamcooperf1.com/2013/05/26/...view-on-the-secret-mercedes-test-controversy/

In the interview Hembery just keeps referring to last year, which quite clearly indicates there's trouble ahead on this incident

I think he was too reckless and should have been penalized. I think Alonso shouldn't have had to yield his position to him. Prior to the Kimi/Perez incident, Perez's earlier overtaking attempt on Kimi where they had to cut the chicane looked very dangerous, and reminded me of Takuma Sato's kamikaze overtakes.

And that is the only way to get the job done at Monaco. Perez should not be penalised for trying on a track that shouldn't be on the calendar. Either give the points out after qualifying or dont race there if you don't want dangerous moves as thats the only way with the engines being practically the same these days.

I think he was too reckless and should have been penalized. I think Alonso shouldn't have had to yield his position to him. Prior to the Kimi/Perez incident, Perez's earlier overtaking attempt on Kimi where they had to cut the chicane looked very dangerous, and reminded me of Takuma Sato's kamikaze overtakes.

Speaking of which, he said in an interview that Perez reminds him from himself during 2008 and 2009 when he wasn't contender for the championship and could take more risks.
Having said that, he does think that Perez was at fault hitting Kimi and that Perez's driving wasn't acceptable anyway, and that if he hadn't run out from track (and then be forced to give Perez his position) they would have crashed earlier already.

Perez and Sutil were about the only racing entertainment in it and there's no denying that the line Kimi took in to the chicane was not anything like the normal racing line, and he sure didn't leave a car's width.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g80-CFe7_Ko

Edit - not saying Perez should have tried the pass - he was too far behind, but Kimi could have avoided contact had he wanted to.

Back