Formula 1 - 2013 Season

You can't argue with what I've said about Hamilton really

Sure Jimbo...

I said Hamilton would be on the podium at least twice and win once this year (when everybody else was saying no way).

Now why does that sound like just another Jimbomumbojumbo, mumbo jumbo supercharged with Jimbo! Do you see enemies everywhere?

I said he'd outqualify Rosberg by 4 tenths from the first race, and first 3 races he averaged 6 tenths faster (!). ;)

My bad, I didn't realize you meant that he is only going to be the Demigod in the first three.

You can't deny Hamilton is different class.

He is fast I give you that much. I leave classes to other people.

We'll see what? The mumbo jumbo part was about you claiming that everybody was saying Hamilton can't win a race prior to the season, when I can't remember anyone actually saying that.

There was nothing outrageous about that claim. One win and two podiums was hardly out of this world or anything like that for a season that has 19 races. Rosberg already won one last year and they were also very strong in Monaco, Schumacher had a great chance to win without his penalty. Your claim was so mundane that no-one bothered to comment it.

You wish, too many of you thought he was going to Merc to have a horrible season in a terrible car.

I also strongly suspect a lot of the problem (from Kimi and Alonso fans) with Pirelli's tyre change came more from a fear of Hamilton than Vettel.

By my count, Hamilton is currently 3-2 up against Rosberg so what exactly is the point?

Seriously, did anyone expect Hamilton to be up at all after joining a new team? I expected it to come surely, but not until mid season when he settled in.

Most thought that Mercedes will be weaker than McLaren yes, but you'd be hard pressed to find too many people thinking that one win was somehow very unlikely.

That was my argument - that Hamilton is so good he'd be beating Rosberg right from the start. Very few drivers go to a new team and do that. It's even more amazing when you realise the differences between the Merc and McLaren.

4-1 for Hamilton btw (granted Malaysia was a bit iffy). I've no idea what happened to him in Spain but that was the first time all season he's looked out of sorts.

For me the qualifying was just staggering. Hamilton was ahead of Rosberg by

That's an average of 0.544 seconds in qualifying in the first 3 races. In a totally new car to him. Who else in F1 does that?

Bianchi maybe :p I think we all recognise he won't be at Marussia much longer though.

For me the qualifying was just staggering. Hamilton was ahead of Rosberg by

That's an average of 0.544 seconds in qualifying in the first 3 races. In a totally new car to him. Who else in F1 does that?

The same dude who lost the next 2?

In Malesia where that biggest gap came from, Nico was impeded by Raikkonen on his fast lap with fresh tyres (Raikkonen got a penalty for it and Hamilton made his best time with fresh tires on his first quick lap) Before that Nico had done by a clear margin the fastest qualifying time in Q2. Nico was faster than Hamilton basically during the whole weekend other than the Q3 time.

So Rosberg managed to outqualify Hamilton twice out of five in a car designed for him and one he's been racing in for 3 whole season. Good show!

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly Hamiltons (and Alonso's) detractors come out after a bad race. :p Form is temporary, class is permanent. Hamilton already has more points than Rosberg had at this stage of the season last year btw!

Two ex-F1 champions say that the tires are fine, stop whining (source: finnish f1 broadcasters news)

Häkkinen:
- I personally think that racing is show business. For people who watch it, it has to be entertaining racing. If there's a lot of overtakes and interesting pitstops, what could be better than that in this sport?
- You just have to develop a car and driving style that you can take your tires to the end.
Just the quick degradation of tires isn't a reason to change the tires Häkkinen thinks.
- If the tires were blowing up on five different cars during race I would think there's something wrong.

Prost:
- You should remember, that the sport was heavily criticized before when there wasn't enough action in the races. You had plenty of races where the driver led from pole to goal.
- At least now we have a show
Prost thinks it's good for the sport that it's hard to predict the winner even during race, and that there's still no strong champion candinate.
- We're having a long season with a lot of uncertainities. It's the most important thing for the sport

Wow, that was incredible. Times were tumbling and somehow Rosberg managed to beat everyone.

Back