Formula 1 - 2013 Season

You could be right. I wouldn't mind seeing him being given another chance tbh, but I still feel there would be at least one or two ahead of him for a seat at Lotus.

Should I do those testing laps comparisons during 2013 winter testing again?

New list, as Williams confirmed their drivers

Infiniti Red Bull Racing:
1. Sebastian Vettel GER
2. Mark Webber AUS

Scuderia Ferrari:
3. Fernando Alonso SPA
4. Felipe Massa BRA
(Davide Rigon ITA)

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes:
5. Jenson Button GBR
6. Sergio Pérez MEX

Lotus F1 Team:
7. Kimi Räikkönen FIN
8. -

Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team:
9. Lewis Hamilton GBR
10. Nico Rosberg GER

Sauber F1 Team:
11. Esteban Gutiérrez MEX
12. Nico Hülkenberg GER
(Robin Frijns NDL)

Sahara Force India F1 Team:
14. Paul di Resta GBR
15. -

Williams F1 Team:
16. Pastor Maldonado VEN
17. Valtteri Bottas FIN

Scuderia Toro Rosso:
18. Daniel Ricciardo AUS
19. Jean-Éric Vergne FRA

Caterham F1 Team:
20. Charles pic FRA
21. -

Marussia F1 Team:
22. Timo Glock GER
23. -

HRT F1 Team:
24. Pedro de la Rosa SPA
25. -

So does this mean you'll be joining me in supporting Williams next year then Kaotik? ;)

No, Kimi is my favourite, before him it was Häkkinen, despite other finnish drivers :cool:
Of course I hope Bottas does well, though

5 spots left, 4 if we assume HRT go bust.

Alguersuari (Force India), Senna (Force India & Caterham), Sutil (Force India) and Barrichello (Caterham) and Kovalainen (Lotus) have all been mentioned.

I think we'll see Grosjean remain at Lotus, Sutil or Alguersuari at Force India and Senna goes to Caterham. No clue about Marussia.

Sutil has that conviction hanging over him, he may go to prison in 2013.
Senna deserves another shot, Maldonado was like a ball, bouncing all over the place while Senna did do some great work albeit for minor points. He needs to up his qualifying.
Barrichello had his chance, let younger drivers get theirs.

Senna doesn't have the outright speed for a top F1 driver and there are too many guys at the mid tier level that you're better off cycling out drivers until you find the next Vettel/Hamilton/Alonso.

Senna doesn't have the outright speed for a top F1 driver and there are too many guys at the mid tier level that you're better off cycling out drivers until you find the next Vettel/Hamilton/Alonso.

Mid and lower tier teams don't think that way though.

Senna has put in some solid drives on race day and brings a lot of sponsorship to the table. I will be very surprised if he doesn't have a seat somewhere next season - although that depends on how far a step backwards he's willing to take to remain in F1.

The best he can do now is Force India, and given their options they might think he's not that bad a choice. Neither him or Di Resta are likely to get pulses racing but it looks a safe lineup at least.

Does no one give Mercedes a chance next year? They stopped development this year in March (ok maybe June) so have been working on 2013s car for a very long time pretty much exclusively. Paying big bucks for Hamilton is also an indication they are in it to win it so to speak.

Does no one give Mercedes a chance next year? They stopped development this year in March (ok maybe June) so have been working on 2013s car for a very long time pretty much exclusively. Paying big bucks for Hamilton is also an indication they are in it to win it so to speak.
How many times have they done that as BAR/Honda/Mercedes? Only time it did work was for Brawn and they had Honda and Super Aguri engineers working on the double-diffuser.

Alonso has now decided that he is one of the greatest drivers ever even if he doesn't have as many championships as Schumacher or Fangio, and that only thing that could possibly be improved at Ferrari is the car, tactics, pitstops and himself are perfect. (only have finnish sources for these sadly, but the first comes from spanish or italian newspaper apparently)

Sounds like acute case of megalomania and narsisistic personality disorder to me (regardless if you're one of the greatest drivers ever, you will not say it yourself. ever. And no sane person is stupid enough to imagine he's perfect)

Well plenty of football players in the world who all think they are godlike.

Besides, after this season Alonso has some credit. There isn't much he could have done better and he manage to get within 3 points of winning the championship in a car that is generally regarded as being at best the 5th fastest car on the grid.

Anyway I doubt he has said outright he is one of the best drivers ever.

Well plenty of football players in the world who all think they are godlike.

Besides, after this season Alonso has some credit. There isn't much he could have done better and he manage to get within 3 points of winning the championship in a car that is generally regarded as being at best the 5th fastest car on the grid.

Anyway I doubt he has said outright he is one of the best drivers ever.

Translating from finnish translation to english without losing any thought in it:
"Vaikkakaan minulla ei ole yhtä monta mestaruutta kuin (Juan Manuel) Fangiolla tai (Michael) Schumacherilla, näen itseni yhtenä suurimmista F1-kuljettajista."
>
"Even though I don't have as many championships as (Juan Manuel) Fangio or (Michael) Schumacher, I see myself as one of the greatest F1-drivers."
(and obviously greatest drivers are the best drivers)

Back