Formula 1 - 2013 Season

Nice picture of all(?) the so far released new cars
BCa6dMgCIAA0V6L.jpg

Very interesting. I can't believe Red Bull aren't sandbagging, though.

Do you notice how similar RB and Lotus' car chassis are?
Here, I don't like Ferrari at all. It is quite obvious for the naked eyes that Ferrari lags with their aero package, their body work needs development.

I don't know, the Ferrari's frontwing connector-thingy-which-i'm-not-sure-about-what-it's-really-called just makes it look bulky, but other than that there's no too obvious flaws, and even that is just illusion from sideview.

No, it's not an illusion. If you have looked at it for quite some time from any possible angle, you'll notice that RB's engine cover (I mean that area from both sides to the driver, with the exhaust tubes) has a much more compact, and natural shape. While Ferrari's form looks less aerodynamic friendly, and it looks bigger.

If I am not mistaken, it happened in the past that they admitted all those calculations from the wind tunnel proved to be wrong. Given that they borrow Toyota's wind tunnel, and also given their poor results compared to RB, then perhaps there is something correct in my thoughts.

I suspect Renault engine specifics allow to have such a shape of the engine cover. :p

Ye except that Sauber is really nimble looking and using Ferrari engine aswell. The choices on Ferrari are made for a reason, wether they were the right choices remains to be seen.

Hard to disagree that the RB is better aerodynamically than the Ferrari based on last year and Gary Anderson's comments during the Jerez test. He mentioned that the Ferrari was still sliding around a bit at the back and had some understeer while the Red Bull "looked to have about 10% more downforce than anything else".

Still we know the Ferrari is (or should be) fast in a straight, as is the Merc.

They should really gather all the F1 drivers there on the same day to drive the same cars, it's annoying to watch the list when the conditions have been so different for different drivers

It's quite obvious that Vettel has never been the best. He is just lucky to sit in the fastest by far car.

Red Bull isn't fastest by far, last season McLaren was fastest for big parts of the season.
You could really say the same about Hamilton - he has never been sitting in anything but top car, often fastest too, Vetttel at least won once on crappyish car too.

Ok, ok, I simply missed to clarify it even further- fastest and most reliable.
Key word- luck- without it you cannot achieve anything. :-|

Now the last phrase is something we can definitely agree on, there's always luck involved in winning motorsports, sometimes it's good luck for you, sometimes bad for others

Back