Final Fantasy XIII [PS3, X360]

Just placed my order on Amazon. I dont know if that will have the game demo in it though.

There's rumors that it will, but nothing confirmed. If you want the demo for sure, you'll have to import. Play-asia and Yesasia should have it. EDIT Yesasia Link. Playasia Link.

And also its interesting to see time and time again people saying that the thing holding back PS3s are memory requirements! It is absolutely assinine for Sony to have put such little amount of memory in the console! I would like to know what they were thinking when they were designing the console.

I think its safe to say production cost was at the forefront of that decision. It's expensive enough as is. :p

Indeed. And I can't help but state beforehand that whenever a developer says something like that, they probably started development on PC, and that they haven't designed their software around the data and streaming. :p (of course I know the limitations of the PS3, but hey, this is locked into my mind now)

I think its safe to say production cost was at the forefront of that decision. It's expensive enough as is. :p

I guess I am in the minority who thinks the PS3 is not overpriced. Would 512 mb of dedicated video ram really have made the console that much more expensive? :)

Slightly off-topic, but then again, much other in this thread is. Anyway, FF7 International was released on the jap PS store for 1500 yen (compared to most other games which cost 600 yen). Hopefully this means a western PS store release soon as well...

Slightly off-topic, but then again, much other in this thread is. Anyway, FF7 International was released on the jap PS store for 1500 yen (compared to most other games which cost 600 yen). Hopefully this means a western PS store release soon as well...

Is that a rerelease of the original game or something? That would be great because it is missing from my PS1/2-games-I-have-but-I-dont-have-a-PS1/2-console-to-play-collection. :LOL:

Considering the pace of PS1 releases outside of Japan, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Some people seem to be saying that the American version of Advent Children won't have the demo. I wonder where they got their info from I asked in that thread let's see if they respond. No demo means no purchase for me I would only buy it as that package the movie alone doesn't entice me. http://www.amazon.com/ffxiii-demo/f...t_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B001YYQ9SS&store=dvd

You can thank the special Microsoft+SquareEnix contract to guarrantee that no North American/USA gamer gets a PS3 FFXIII demo until AFTER the Microsoft XBox 360 version is finished and AFTER the demo gets released on XBox LIVE just like RE5 ;)

Anyways, I personally believe that this Blu-Ray bonus will be more important for Japan as a way to increase sales of PS3s there than it would be for the now flaky US gaming market.

As a fan I hate the deal with Microsoft, as a company I can see why they would do that though.

There's no evidence that MS is delaying a US demo of FF13. Remember, this game may not even make 2009 in Japan. SE has taken a sweet time localizing previous games in the series and the western release of FFXIII may even be a mid-to-late 2010 (if not 2011) release.

Don't think there will be a demo in the US version. Content announced by Sony Pictures:

* On the Way to a Smile - Episode Denzel (Animated Feature)
* Reminiscence of Final Fantasy VII (Original Story Digest)
* Reminiscence of Final Fantasy VII Compilation (Original Story Digest)
* Legacy of Final Fantasy VII (Featurette)
* Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete ([COLOR=#0072bc! important][COLOR=#0072bc! important]Trailer[/COLOR][/COLOR])
* Exclusive Sneak Peek at Final Fantasy XIII

I'd safely wager a "sneak peak" isn't a demo, in this case. Other than that, same content as the JP version, it seems.

As a fan I hate the deal with Microsoft, as a company I can see why they would do that though.

I'm sure all the console makers play this game.

Also, it could very much be Sony's fault as well depending on their Japanese exclusive agreement.

That said, I will probably pick this up for my PS3 over my Xbox360 when it comes out. Then again, I haven't played a Final Fantasy game since I thru IV. I've really liked what I've seen so far.

I watched my bro-in-law play all the way through FFVII. The overly aggressive random battles threw me off wanting to play it, but I enjoyed the story and cutscenes.

That said, I will probably pick this up for my PS3 over my Xbox360 when it comes out.

Indeed, 1 disc vs... N-discs is quite a plus! :LOL: I'm not sure if I'll get the game... I'd like to try the demo since I haven't played an FF game since VII, and I'm sure they've changed the battle system significantly since then.

Don't we know that XIII won't have random battles?

Here's hoping that SE does multiple discs intelligently -- heard bad stories about SO4.

Also, didn't SE say they had no intention of releasing the demo outside Japan?

It would be quite a mistake if they did not release the demo outside of Japan. The demo is done or will be and unless it bites, it can only encourage more players to buy the game.

It would be quite a mistake if they did not release the demo outside of Japan. The demo is done or will be and unless it bites, it can only encourage more players to buy the game.

The demo is done but isn't localized. We don't know the state of the localization, in fact. And maybe we'll get a demo -- but given that it's FFXIII and it's releasing on a fairly respectable userbase outside of Japan, I could see SE skipping a demo. In fact, I think a releasing a demo could easily hurt them. It depends, though: do they need to undo any damage done by FFXII? Or are there any SE products that could benefit from a FFXIII boost in NA?

At least the Blu-ray is going to have the anime. But all the extras are fluff. Nothing about making the CG.

The demo is done but isn't localized. We don't know the state of the localization, in fact. And maybe we'll get a demo -- but given that it's FFXIII and it's releasing on a fairly respectable userbase outside of Japan, I could see SE skipping a demo. In fact, I think a releasing a demo could easily hurt them. It depends, though: do they need to undo any damage done by FFXII? Or are there any SE products that could benefit from a FFXIII boost in NA?

I think the fans will buy it regardless of how the demo turns out. If they are interested in roping in the undecided or not interested, then a demo can a go a long ways towards selling them on it--why only sell 1 million when you can sell 2.

I'm not sure how much effort it will take to localize a demo, but it seems that it would be effort that they would have to go through anyway for the game release right? It's not like they don't have to do it at some point anyway.

It could do more harm than good for the undecided, but I would think that the effort is worth the risk in this case.

Without a demo or before I see it firsthand, I probably would be 40-60 against picking it up.

Was FFXII that bad???

Back