Final Fantasy XIII [PS3, X360]

Wait a minute, do I have you on my friends list ? I don't think so. I think I have nightshade (PSN Id: Nooblet ?). I think I have 2-3 free friends slots left.

EDIT: Are Wii games region locked ?

Patience. Patience. I felt exactly the same way in Chapter 10. I remember someone here (scooby_dooby ?) gave up in Chapter 10.

Would it be a better drive if I mock at you now ? (Wahahahaha !) I completed the game. It's the only FF game I completed.

EDIT: Drop me a friends list on XMB ! (PSN Id: patsu)

it helps a little to be honest :mrgreen:

I also have trouble finding time to prioritise FF ... Still at Chapter 6 or 7. Will try to get back into it at some point, but I fear for the moment that the Move is released.

We're about a third into level 7. Feel free to add me too, I'm niwrA.

We're nothing special (22nd and 23rd in my friends list) - an intern here with us got his PS3 four months ago and he's already ahead of us. My biggest problem in terms of leveling up is that I have 379 trophies, but 327 bronze and no platinums - these really count very heavily into your level. The intern has two Disney games in his list that are basically 3 hour platinums. :LOL:(but he also plays a shit-tonne more than I do)

Wait a minute, do I have you on my friends list ? I don't think so. I think I have nightshade (PSN Id: Nooblet ?). I think I have 2-3 free friends slots left.
Yea that would be me...nOoblet16 :p
which level do you guys have?
I'm in level 10..honestly speaking I'd have been atleast level 13 or 14 by now if it weren't for the stupid trophies that are either entirely dependent on luck (BFBC2) or either require a lot of time (Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2,Infamous,Tekken 6,Uncharted 2). And yea...add me on PSN :)

I now have each & every accessory/weapon needed in FF13 for the treasure hunter trophy....the problem ?
I still don't have enough money to upgrade the stuff....& this damn Trapezohedron is impossible to find !

It's the only FF game I completed.

Is it ok for me to be furiously mad at you for stopping FF8 (and Bioshock) very near the end. I'm just waiting for you to name one more game to complete your triangle of shame. I'm sure you can give it to me right now!?

Of course you can still redeem thyself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am now in chapter 10, and the game starts to feel repetitive...I hope I get it till chapter 11!

How much time does chapter 10 take?

Chapter 10 is in the 5th ark right? It's not that bad. I remember I had to restart the whole thing because when I got to Cid I was too underpowered (it was a recurring event for me as I usually try to finish with as little grinding as possible) so I went back to the first kill room and fought the pulsework guys and bombs for cheap CP.

Cid is pretty annoying and I had to go for the slow and steady strategy of Com/Sen/Med switching to Rav/Rav/Sab when I had the chance and Com/Com/Rav when he was staggered. I still 5 starred it somehow!

Ha ha, where are you in FFXIII now ?

I'm back in US. Just played 3 rounds of MAG Acquisition. The Acquisition number seems to be up, but still not quite enough yet (Sabotage is as usual rather active).

Still in the same spot since my last post in here... which should be some where in chapter 9.

I'm at the beginning of the giant desert or what it is, I think before you enter pulse. After spending hours of optional up-leveling, I was a bit shocked to see how easy my characters can die at the spot where I am which has dented my motivation somewhat...

Chapter 10 is in the 5th ark right? It's not that bad. I remember I had to restart the whole thing because when I got to Cid I was too underpowered (it was a recurring event for me as I usually try to finish with as little grinding as possible) so I went back to the first kill room and fought the pulsework guys and bombs for cheap CP.

Cid is pretty annoying and I had to go for the slow and steady strategy of Com/Sen/Med switching to Rav/Rav/Sab when I had the chance and Com/Com/Rav when he was staggered. I still 5 starred it somehow!

BTW, what does underpowered mean?

This is indeed the 5th ark chapter
In this chapter, every character has unlocked all different roles!

I have maxed out their standard roles but I have not touched the new ability roles yet!

Do I need to upgrade the new ability role as well to have a chance against Cid?

Do you recommend upgrading their non-standard roles?

BTW, guys...hail me, because I am Trophy level 11 :cool:

BTW, what does underpowered mean?

HP too low, attack power too low generally underdeveloped.
This is indeed the 5th ark chapter
In this chapter, every character has unlocked all different roles!

I have maxed out their standard roles but I have not touched the new ability roles yet!

Do you recommend upgrading their non-standard roles?

You shouldn't need to if you follow the battle plan I outlined above. I didn't do the non-standard roles until I had completed the game and was doing the post completion missions. Basically if you have got all of the magic/strength, abilities and HP from the standard roles done then you are ready to fight the boss at the end of the chapter. That's how I looked at it. I used Lightning, Snow and Vanille as they are the most balanced group, Sazh and Hope are too weak while Fang doesn't have decent debuffs. Imperil and deshell/protect are key!

Level 5! Yeah, I don't really collect trophies...

:
I started with the new abilities when I was 60 hours into the game...lol
Its really not needed for that time...you are better off developing your primary skills first.

Btw...massive massive mistake by me today, I practically went on playing the game without any idea that I kinda shut off one of the best Gil source in the entire game by mistake, now if I use a previous save that would mean 6-7 hours of gameplay gone to absolute waste :|

Is it ok for me to be furiously mad at you for stopping FF8 (and Bioshock) very near the end. I'm just waiting for you to name one more game to complete your triangle of shame. I'm sure you can give it to me right now!?

Oh dear, I shall not tell you what I did to racers like WipeOut, Burnout Paradise then. And how come only a triangle ? It's more like a 20-sided thing. :devilish:

Of course you can still redeem thyself.

Phhfft, my gaming taste is fine.

He finished Demon's Souls...that's worth 10 games for redeeming himself :smile:

Actually, it's more difficult to face the Black Phantoms. At least I stick around to be killed or kill. ^_^

which level do you guys have?

7 and then some. Have been there for the longest time.

You should ask inefficient about his level. T_T

I finished this game last month and think this game is pretty good. Linearity isn't a problem for me. I actually like it linear because it's very convenient and it's also easy to get more or less all available items. ;) Story is fine, at least decent enough to sustain my interest through the game. The difficulty is well tuned for my taste. Being able to continue right before the battle that kills me is a great feature as I don't like backtracking from a recent save point and at the same time, I have the chance to change my setup before trying again. Only problem being I didn't do missions on the grassy plains when I was first there. The game felt quite a lot more difficult from there on. I ended up finding a good target to grind before continuing.

The battle design is good. I even like it enough to briefly consider grinding for platinum. In the end, the decision not to go for platinum was made easy when disaster struck my PS3 and I lost all my saves since my last backup 6 months ago together with any locked saves like Demon's Souls. :mad:

Seriously, for people who drag out playing their games over many months, make sure you backup often. My only saving grace is I usually play and finish games one by one. I haven't lost a bunch of saves for which I've progressed to the middle or something like that. I'm not pleased about losing saves, but at least it's not going to hinder me finishing those games.

My main complaint about FF13 is although I like linearity, I would very much prefer being able to change and configure team members far earlier than this game let me. Certain sections may feel better if they're shorter but overall, I feel fine and comfortable with this game.

Coincidentally, I was playing Xenogears again at the same time as I was playing FF13. Going through that game again made me think if those content are to be properly rendered in FF13 level of graphics and with the same attention to details, it's going to cost an awful lot more than FF13. In the old days, many little things like a cup of tea suddenly appearing in a character's hand were perfectly acceptable simplifications. It allowed for easier development. Nowadays, I think players generally expect a lot more details to be filled in and properly presented with nice animations, voice etc. It also reminded me how much more user friendly games have become in general (not just FF). Even games that aren't so linear as FF13 don't allow as much room for players to be stuck these days.

I agree the team selection should've been available much earlier.

I never understood why people complained about linearity...most JRPGs aren't really known to be open ended in terms of gameplay. Games like Persona didn't require an open world to be great. I guess its because the high expectations that people hold for the Final Fantasy name is why this game was generally not considered "that awesome" by the masses.

Okay is it just me or does FF13 has some kind of indirect lighting solution going on ?
Like I loaded up the game & went to Orphan's Cradle yesterday & I am sure I saw something that resembled GI.

I agree the team selection should've been available much earlier.

I never understood why people complained about linearity...most JRPGs aren't really known to be open ended in terms of gameplay. Games like Persona didn't require an open world to be great. I guess its because the high expectations that people hold for the Final Fantasy name is why this game was generally not considered "that awesome" by the masses.

I think it's the sidequests and loot collection that they missed. Few people complained about Chapter 11.

I wanted to know something:

Do I need to fully upgrade the tier 3 weapon for each character for the treasure hunter trophy, or is converting to tier 3 just about the only thing I need to do ?

Back