Final Fantasy XIII [PS3, X360]

That bike will transform into Shiva and her sister ? :oops:

EDIT:
Now the two main components are Organic & Synthetic...organic components are marked with a bone sign before their names, while the synthetic ones are marked with a metal screw before their names. The things which you need to know are that:

1) Synthetic components adds a LOT of XP
2) Organic components barely adds anything but they stack up the multiplier, what I mean here is that using enough the organic components will result in the weapon gaining a "Bonus Multiplier" like 1.5x,2x or 3x for the next time you add something to it.

I remember there is also a way to convert a weapon to another ? ...until you get the Ultimate Weapon.

I remember there is also a way to convert a weapon to another ? ...until you get the Ultimate Weapon.

Not just the weapons. Most items as well (there's, like, 6 or more transformations before you finally get a bunch of Kaiser Knuckles for example)

And yes, the bike transforms. It's a bit of a pain, though. Did it once, but the joints don't seem like they were built to withstand a great deal of physical abuse. Not to mention it takes up a lot of space. (the figurine is pretty damn big)

I am now in chapter 9, first over the top enthusiasm is gone...I start to bother the story deficiencies to be honest - up to now, it is rather slow story telling...not much really happened, but I am now over 20 hours in?!

I wonder, why we always need that the main heros are such emotional wrecks?! To much pseudo-'character' here for me, to much pseudo-'deep emotions' for me...does not fit to the overall quite colorful and sensational settings and mood the graphics set!

I think I go on with the game until I reach chapter 11, as Patsu posted that there, graphics peak again ...

Hm, emotional wrecks? Maybe true for Hope, but that's really about it. Snow is an idiot, and Vanille, depending on your tastes, is probably either adorable or annoying. There really aren't any Clouds or Squalls in FFXIII.

Hm, emotional wrecks? Maybe true for Hope, but that's really about it. Snow is an idiot, and Vanille, depending on your tastes, is probably either adorable or annoying. There really aren't any Clouds or Squalls in FFXIII.

and this Shaszh with his Son(soory, cannot remember the right spelling of his name)?
And Snow as well (at least in the scene where he and Hope clarified stuff)?
Ligthning is melanchonic as well, at least it is my perception.
Fang up to now seems to be the only 'normal' and believable character for me so far...

I give you that Vanille is kind of typicall teen girl character, which does not help much either ;-)

The plot is trash, and it will only get worse through the ending. Just chuck a couple dumb pills, enjoy the sights and have fun with the combat system. It's much better that way.

As for characters in particular, there's little consistency to any of them, except Lightning's general rejection of Snow. Otherwise they'll just behave in whatever way the writers needed for the current scene. You're giving Squenix too much credit already when you try to infer personalities.

I wonder, why we always need that the main heros are such emotional wrecks?! To much pseudo-'character' here for me, to much pseudo-'deep emotions' for me...does not fit to the overall quite colorful and sensational settings and mood the graphics set!
If I was tagged as the "public enemy no. 1" for no apparent crimes & got dragged into it without any knowledge and didn't had any positive options visible either, then I'm pretty sure that I'd turn into an emotional wreak as well.

I am now in chapter 9, first over the top enthusiasm is gone.
The enthusiasm will be back in Chapter 11...I spent 25-30 hours there & rarely ever "started" to get bored. Anyways as soon as Chapter 12 started it made the 30 hours of hardwork well worth the wait. (The intro cutscene of Chapter 12 is the coolest scene ever in any FF game yet...imo)

I particularly like the plot & characters. *shurgs*

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was tagged as the "public enemy no. 1" for no apparent crimes & got dragged into it without any knowledge and didn't had any positive options visible either, then I'm pretty sure that I'd turn into an emotional wreak as well.

The enthusiasm will be back in Chapter 11...I spent 25-30 hours there & rarely ever "started" to get bored. Anyways as soon as Chapter 12 started it made the 30 hours of hardwork well worth the wait. (The intro cutscene of Chapter 12 is the coolest scene ever in any FF game yet...imo)

I particularly like the plot & characters. *shurgs*

Yeah, I want to get to chapter 11!

The cutscenes are even now, up to chapter 9, the best I have ever seen!
Heck, they are even better then most of the animation movies I saw in the cinemas!!
My favorite so far: in the nautilus park, chapter 8 or so, where they had this light show of the historic battle between Cocoon and Pulse - just this few second were worth the 'so-so' story line!!!

Yeah, I think that was my biggest problem. There wasn't an awesome character that the story could revolve around. I would guess it is by design that the story writers want to give equal prominence to all of the cast members, but it was definitely to the detriment of the story. Also it sucks.

I gotta get this off my chest.

I am very happy that FF13 was a much much better game than FF12 at the very least (which is like the 2nd highest rated FF game of all time..lol, and so I strongly disagree with that). The fact that I never bothered to finish that trash says enough about my opinion. :p

Towns (which reminded me of Star Wars) were probably the only advantage it had, FF13 will make you feel lonely since you spend so much time on the otherwise awesome Pulse...while this may not be an issue before ending the game, it undoubtedly affect the post story gameplay experience till some extent ie. the time when you are near maxing out your characters & weapons/accessories. But then...FF games have ALWAYS been about grinding....so I can't really complain much.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, after playing this and now playing Dragon Quest IX, I can't believe how much better DQ9 is just for 'other stuff' you can do. It's got at least double the content. I really really hope that one day Square takes the Final Fantasy series back to a more stylized look so they can budget more in the way of crafting side quests and content over all, rather than painstakingly muscling out these scarcely populated worlds.

Yeah, I think that was my biggest problem. There wasn't an awesome character that the story could revolve around. I would guess it is by design that the story writers want to give equal prominence to all of the cast members, but it was definitely to the detriment of the story. Also it sucks.

When I said no Cloud or no Squall it was meant as a compliment actually. I hated those guys.

Snow is the kind of character that will annoy you a lot sometime due to his immature behavior & carelessness but after a while he suddenly turns great & supports everyone by inspiring them. If there is one thing which is simply awesome about this guy, its his determination. A decent enough male lead imo. (minus the wannabe nature during the start)

I'm soooo ashamed to say... I still haven't completed it. :oops:

(which is kind of ironic, given I've nearly completed FFVII and FFVIII again in the time since I last played XIII...)

Ha ha, where are you in FFXIII now ?

I'm back in US. Just played 3 rounds of MAG Acquisition. The Acquisition number seems to be up, but still not quite enough yet (Sabotage is as usual rather active).

Ha ha, where are you in FFXIII now ?

I'm back in US. Just played 3 rounds of MAG Acquisition. The Acquisition number seems to be up, but still not quite enough yet (Sabotage is as usual rather active).

I've abused your time in Asia to catch up with you in trophies. :LOL: You're my closest trophy rival at the moment, we seem to generally have a very similar trophy progression.

I've abused your time in Asia to catch up with you in trophies. :LOL: You're my closest trophy rival at the moment, we seem to generally have a very similar trophy progression.

[Cover ears] La la la la la !

You might want to compete with my kid in Modnation Racer instead. He got first place after the difficulty patch. :p

I keep playing MAG over and over again. Will probably grab Nier end of the week. And that PSN RPG game someone told me to get.

I need to hook up the Wii we won in Asia too. Will get WiiSports Resort to set my baseline for motion gaming.

Back